Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)

Post New Thread Reply   

Trent-Resnor
Old 01-11-2007 , 23:29   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #1

Great plugin! +karma
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2007 , 23:52   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #2

i guess he means
Code:
new players[32], num
get_players(players, num)
for(new i; i<num; i++)
{
    get_user_name(players[i], ...)
    get_user_team(players[i], ...)
    get_user_ping(players[i], ...)
}
you can use a variable cache players[i]
<team balancer#no round end#entity remover#quake sounds#fake full#maps management menu#players punishment menu#no team flash#colored flashbang#grenade trails#HE effect#spawn protection#weapon arena#weapon upgrade#auto join#no weapon drop#one name>
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-12-2007 , 00:06   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_yang View Post
i guess he means
Code:
new players[32], num
get_players(players, num)
for(new i; i<num; i++)
{
    get_user_name(players[i], ...)
    get_user_team(players[i], ...)
    get_user_ping(players[i], ...)
}
you can use a variable cache players[i]
Did you even look in the code? I'm sure jtp knows what caching is.

I'm sure ven meant well but I'm guess he only glanced at the code. Seeing as this is completely valid (as it's not used numerous times no reason to cache it):
Code:
		for(new a = 0; a < inum; a++) {
			has_parachute[players[a]] = true
		}
and the cvars not using pcvar are not the plugins cvars or are string cvars... Unless he means something else that I don't see and as jtp basically said "where?" not what...

Last edited by vittu; 01-12-2007 at 00:08.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yaya
Old 03-10-2007 , 08:58   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #4

Hello,
I have a small problem with the plugins parachute, when I use it with the warcraft3FT, race 1 UNDEAD lag, I can't jump any more more high and not to run more quickly.

do you have a solution?

Here plugins
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute.sma - 1518 views - 13.4 KB)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 03-10-2007 , 13:03   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #5

If you want you can see if this makes any difference in performance, I made these changes for a server. Though your issues with gravity (not speed) are because this plugin changes your gravity to act as a parachute. I suppose your gravity value could be stored when you spawn to be used as your normal gravity to reset to. For the time being change weapons and see if that helps, I know it will for speed but I don't recall if gravity is also effected when doing so.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute.sma - 1664 views - 13.8 KB)
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yaya
Old 03-10-2007 , 17:08   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #6

I tested your plugins, the problem remains the same one, I cannot jump higher once the parachute is used
Jugga
Old 08-19-2007 , 14:35   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #7

i am having problems installing parachute to my cstrike server i am running amxx. i have copied the parachute.amxx to my plugins folder, copied the parachute.mdl to my models folder and have also added the parachute.amxx to my plugins.ini but when i type sv_parachute 1 it says unknown command sv_parachute what am i doing wrong please help
koloyu
Old 08-19-2007 , 15:50   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugga View Post
i am having problems installing parachute to my cstrike server i am running amxx. i have copied the parachute.amxx to my plugins folder, copied the parachute.mdl to my models folder and have also added the parachute.amxx to my plugins.ini but when i type sv_parachute 1 it says unknown command sv_parachute what am i doing wrong please help
You must write command "sv_parachute 1" in your amxmodx/configs/amxx.cfg.
Or write in console in game "amx_cvar sv_parachute 1" (required admin privilages).
tmc07d
Old 01-13-2009 , 02:02   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #9

Can someone please explain why parachute is not working. First let me make sure ive done this right..ive downloaded the plugin and the parachute_model folders. I put the plugin amx_parachute.amxx in the plugin folder and i put the parachute.mdl in the models folder. After that i went to the plugins.ini and stuck amx_parachute.amxx in their. Finally, i put sv_parachute "1" in the server.cfg section. So what am i doing wrong?? When i go in the server and say buy_parachute it says that ive bought one or that "i already own one" but when i hit +use literally nothing happens..no parachute or anything. I can even say amx_parachute @all and it says it gave everyone a parachute but like i said..when u hit +use no parachute please help me ive explained it the best i kno how..thanks.
Bojangles
Old 01-13-2009 , 16:02   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc07d View Post
Can someone please explain why parachute is not working. First let me make sure ive done this right..ive downloaded the plugin and the parachute_model folders. I put the plugin amx_parachute.amxx in the plugin folder and i put the parachute.mdl in the models folder. After that i went to the plugins.ini and stuck amx_parachute.amxx in their. Finally, i put sv_parachute "1" in the server.cfg section. So what am i doing wrong?? When i go in the server and say buy_parachute it says that ive bought one or that "i already own one" but when i hit +use literally nothing happens..no parachute or anything. I can even say amx_parachute @all and it says it gave everyone a parachute but like i said..when u hit +use no parachute please help me ive explained it the best i kno how..thanks.
Default key for +use is "E" so I would suggest trying that if you aren't already. And you could also try making sure all of the cvars are in the server.cfg If not you may be having the same issue I had when I tried to install it on one of my servers. I had a problem where it just didn't want to work on my server. Was never resolved. You can always try reinstalling it's a possibly bad compile.