Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-28-2016 , 17:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #291

As with anyone i've told in finding a conflicting plugin, you need a fresh server(just sourcemod/mmsource), backup your old one(sourcemod/mmsource). And just test the problem plugin alone first, if it works as intended, one by one, add a plugin you use and test. Until you find the culprit, then maybe narrowing it down I may be able to help rectify the problem plugin or maybe not, i'd need to look at the code. But on my server everything is working perfectly. Or you could just disable all plugins and add one at a time, but i will say this under rare circumstances i've seen sourcemod/mmsource files getting corrupted causing issues, where the only fix is a fresh install of them both, the l4d/l4d2 server files alone shouldn't matter, and if your concerned about that just do a validity check. but i will test the points system first to see if you need to even go that far as narrowing it down...
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 17:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #292

I haven't had any issues with the M60. Works fine for me.

But I also don't use points plugins. I don't believe in them, despite being popular.

Literally everything works for me. Its just an issue of narrowing down view me and that's it, before moving onto more updates for the plugin. Even then, im content with not having view me either. I'd say if there isn't enough voice for wanting the feature perfected. It might be best to just scrap it and move onto the next step, but that's only when you think the time has come.

Last edited by Sev; 07-28-2016 at 17:14.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-28-2016 , 17:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I haven't had any issues with the M60. Works fine for me.

But I also don't use points plugins. I don't believe in them, despite being popular.

Literally everything works for me. Its just an issue of narrowing down view me and that's it, before moving onto more updates for the plugin. Even then, im content with not having view me either. I'd say if there isn't enough voice for wanting the feature perfected. It might be best to just scrap it and move onto the next step, but that's only when you think the time has come.
I would like to invite you to my server at sometime tonight, its dinner time now but in an hour or anytime there after i wanna do some testing to see if we can reproduce your issue sev, if your willing to...is it still happening with Survivor Identity Fix installed or not installed? because i run a normal server, no extra players on coop, and don't have any clipping issues...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-28-2016 at 17:33.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 17:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #294

My guess is its the custom csm I use. I think it breaks the view system when characters change.

Indentity Fix hasn't bothered me yet. Your fork or Merudo's.

My csm was made by Mr. Zero. Not sure if I'd have to ask him for permission to release his version of the plugin, so we can compare. I'll ask him. Either way, im not bothered by not having the view me either.

Last edited by Sev; 07-28-2016 at 17:59.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-28-2016 , 18:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
My guess is its the custom csm I use. I think it breaks the view system when characters change.

Indentity Fix hasn't bothered me yet. Your fork or Merudo's.

My csm was made by Mr. Zero. Not sure if I'd have to ask him for permission to release his version of the plugin, so we can compare. I'll ask him. Either way, im not bothered by not having the view me either.
No you don't need anyone's permission to give a plugin(unless private plugin), its open source technically but it would be common curtisy to ask him first, but now how does his differ from merudo's fork SCS? As long as i don't rewrite it solely in my name using his code, basically rewording his code would allow me not to break the forum rules, as far as I know, but i would never do that anyway, hence why i haven't completely rewritten ME, because i want the original author(s) to still have credit for what work they've done, plus its a crap load of code. But if you could ask him i wouldn't mind having a look, it could be a hooking issue conflicting with the view system, I wouldn't know without looking at it, as for Merudo's Survivor Chat Select, I use that and it works flawlessly...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-28-2016 at 18:12.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-28-2016 , 18:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #296

I did add a fix for weapon view disposition after mapchange, i'm not sure if I can modify it in such a way to work in the thirdpersonshoulder convar query check, which detects you in thirdpersonshoulder, but if I could it could potentially fix your problem sev...i'll look into it.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-06-2016 , 21:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #297

Sev jking or anyone else using the extra equipment view system give this update a try and let me know how it goes...source is a mess but just a quick release to get some testing done, from what i've seen clipping after death and map restart is gone, as well as rescue closet clipping, if using thirdpersonshoulder when you die...
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d_multiple_equipment.smx (26.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_multiple_equipment.sp - 146 views - 54.7 KB)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-06-2016 at 21:30.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2016 , 21:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Sev jking or anyone else using the extra equipment view system give this update a try and let me know how it goes...source is a mess but just a quick release to get some testing done, from what i've seen clipping after death and map restart is gone, as well as rescue closet clipping, if using thirdpersonshoulder when you die...
Looking good

https://youtu.be/HpEc1FXLt5g

Last edited by jking; 08-06-2016 at 22:14.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-06-2016 , 23:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
nice video, looking serious lol
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-07-2016 , 01:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #300

ok so i've found another clipping issue with the thirdpersonshoulder yet i never used it, although hitting thirdpersonshoulder fixed the clipping, strangely enough it happened when i started dead center, noticed it about halfway through, so i've been discovering more instances when this clipping can occur, but test out what i previously released and let me know how the thirdpersonshoulder command view is working regardless. I'm not quite ready to scrap it yet for thirdpersonshoulder command, but my auto thirdperson melee mod doesn't cause any clipping at all with the view system because it doesn't suffer from this bug, its only thirdpersonshoulder command and related to valve not fixing the convar when in firstperson view again under certain circumstances, map change, death, and apparently other scenarios, maybe onmapstart i'll have to add the fix...as ludastar has told me before theres so many issues with that command and obviously not officially supported by valve, do to the lack of updates on aim fixing and this bug still being present...i'll see what i can do.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-07-2016 at 01:30.