Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2013 , 02:58   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

@flamin: you mean https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207609 ?
Old 06-28-2013 , 05:00   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

im also setting up the sv_downloadurl, the ftp webhosting places i've been using dont work, i've tried 000webhost.com, funpic.org, serversfree.com. What FREE ones are you guys using?

thanks

by dont work i mean, client shows downloading of everything, but once its done it say map missing, disconnecting

Last edited by 831er; 06-28-2013 at 05:01.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2013 , 05:07   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

The Damage Tracker could probably use some work. (Which I've likely already said a while back) With 8 slots on, I've had the HUD text get cut off numerous times in FF2 due to long player names. Also, it could be remade to simply track damage on its own, in order to make it compatible with all plugins (VSH, FF2, Boss Battles if I ever remake that, etc.)

831er: Dropbox. Although, with that many sites not working, you might just be setting sv_downloadurl up incorrectly...
Old 06-29-2013 , 02:41   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I got the fastdownload to work, now i need help with the fact that the game mode isnt arena, everyone can respawn still. how do i fix this? i dont get any errors regarding this.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2013 , 00:55   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Gamemodes are typically built into the map itself. If you've got stuff like the Pregame Mayhem mod, make sure that accounts for arena properly.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
831er
Old 07-01-2013 , 02:22   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I thought the VSH plugin had arena built into it? I did the part about the doors and map cfg file. Didn't help. The maps I run are arena_ and koth_ and vsh_. Still didn't work. Everyone still respawns.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2013 , 02:29   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

If you select say arena_granary, it will be in arena mode. Regardless if you use the plugin or not.
Old 07-03-2013 , 18:41   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
If you select say arena_granary, it will be in arena mode. Regardless if you use the plugin or not.
yeah i get that but for some reason it doesnt?.......Can anyone guide me or help me, where to check why the koth and vsh maps are not starting in arena mode?
rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-08-2013 , 03:40   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 831er View Post
yeah i get that but for some reason it doesnt?.......Can anyone guide me or help me, where to check why the koth and vsh maps are not starting in arena mode?
Are the maps actually koth/arena maps or are they just cp/ctf/[insert mode here] maps renamed to have the koth/arena prefix?

In the case of the latter, VSH will be enabled (as it only performs a name prefix check) but players will still respawn. This is because the map name DOES NOT decide which gamemode to run; logic entities within the map file do. As VSH is based on the Arena gamemode, TF2 requires a tf_logic_arena to be present in order to prevent certain events from firing (such as player respawns).

Also, remember that you need to use Stripper:Source to convert koth maps to use arena rules (ie no respawning). Here's a link (copied from OP) detailing how.
831er
Old 07-08-2013 , 13:28   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
Are the maps actually koth/arena maps or are they just cp/ctf/[insert mode here] maps renamed to have the koth/arena prefix?

In the case of the latter, VSH will be enabled (as it only performs a name prefix check) but players will still respawn. This is because the map name DOES NOT decide which gamemode to run; logic entities within the map file do. As VSH is based on the Arena gamemode, TF2 requires a tf_logic_arena to be present in order to prevent certain events from firing (such as player respawns).

Also, remember that you need to use Stripper:Source to convert koth maps to use arena rules (ie no respawning). Here's a link (copied from OP) detailing how.
all the maps i have are official vsh or arena. I put the cvar tf_logic_arena into server.cfg but console says unknown command. i created cfg for the map and put that command in there and console still says unknown command.

Last edited by 831er; 07-08-2013 at 13:29.
Closed Thread