Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.

Post New Thread Reply   

demonicserver
Old 11-08-2014 , 16:50   Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #1

As i said in title, daemon won't run. When i try to run it, i get a following error message:

Code:
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl5/lib/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/share/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/share/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl. /home/bulletpr/perl5/lib/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/local/share/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/lib64/perl5 /home/bulletpr/perl/usr/share/perl5 /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 8) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLite, Sponge.
 at .//HLstats.plib line 152
I've told my hosting provider to install that module. They installed it (check the image in attachment) but i still get the same error.

Anyone know anything i can do to get this started?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modules.jpg (81.1 KB, 361 views)
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-10-2014 , 09:38   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #2

You need perl5 I think.
apt-get install perl5

Or if I'm a dummy, did you try restarting it?

If I'm still a dummy, ignore me. Just trying to help.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-10-2014 , 09:40   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #3

Also I hope that isn't Vexxhost because if it is, run now.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 11-10-2014 , 10:55   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #4

You may also want to try setting CpanelHack to 1

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
demonicserver
Old 11-12-2014 , 14:05   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #5

Phaiz thanks for help but perl5 is installed, if not, i would get another error message
YamiKaitou tried that also, but didn't help.. I figure host doesn't keep perl modules in default dirs, so i asked where do the keep it, and then i edited the perl to include

Code:
use lib '/home/bulletpr/perl5/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl';
since all my perl modules are in that dir ;) now works great thanks for help <3
alyona
Old 11-26-2014 , 15:21   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #6

how did u fix ? explain please...

i dont have that "local" folder in that path...

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/counteri/perl/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /home/counteri/perl/usr/local/share/perl5 /home/counteri/perl/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /home/counteri/perl/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /home/counteri/perl/usr/lib64/perl5 /home/counteri/perl/usr/share/perl5 /home/counteri/perl. /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 7) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLite, Sponge.
at .//HLstats.plib line 152
demonicserver
Old 11-27-2014 , 16:19   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #7

Ask your hosting provider for full location to perl modules for your hosting account.. And before that, even more important, ask them to install the module..
When you get the full path, open hlstats.pl in an editor, in that file, find:
Code:
use bytes;
and bellow that add
Code:
use lib 'location/to/perl/modules';
But, ofcourse, replace 'location/to/perl/modules' with the full path for perl modules, as it's example in my place

Code:
use lib '/home/bulletpr/perl5/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl';
And, yes, use single quotes within the path.
alyona
Old 11-28-2014 , 07:35   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #8

i dont see lib64 or vendor_perl folder in mine ... wat exactly the folder should contain ... my dbd folder is located inside "x86_64-linux-thread-multi" folder but even after editing hlstats.pl to this location am getting same error with diff path ... do i need to manually upload the files in cpanel ?? mine is shared hosting ..
demonicserver
Old 11-28-2014 , 15:18   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #9

It should containt DBD folder. And the path should be to the location that contains DBD folder, and not to DBD folder exact.
On every shared hosting the location is diferent, that's why you need to ask your hosting provider for help.
On previous hosting that location was something like that.. To be more exact it was

Code:
/home/belgrade/perl/usr/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
alyona
Old 11-29-2014 , 11:31   Re: Daemon won't run. Required DBD:mysql module but it's installed.
Reply With Quote #10

Mine too exactly same .. but still its not working .. do i need to change in all other .pl file or only hlstats.pl and how to check whether my host really opened ports or not ? coz i repeatedly asked them to check and their reply was just instal watever u want , all ports are open , you can do anything u want.. ... if u can guide me in team viewer please let me know in inbox pls ..

Code:
/home/counter/perl/usr/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
[/QUOTE]