1.0 RTW
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A set of changes for the gameplay to make it more suitable for league/tournament play.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    continued here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=128578
    Old 01-17-2010 , 23:06   [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RTW
    Reply With Quote #1

Moved to: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=128581

Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RTW

Gameplay Changes

We are proud to announce a list of major gameplay changes provided by this mod, from never-before-seen features to the tried-and-true:
    • Tanks will spawn on every map (even maps that don't allow it)
    • Common zombies will despawn if they fall behind survivors (and respawn in front)
    • Tank temporary immunity after spawn
      • AI tank will be frozen, will not throw rocks, and will have godmode
      • Player tank will have fire immunity and godmode for 2 seconds
      • No more prelights or getting rushed by melee cause tank was rock throwing!
    • Medkit/pill adjustments
      • Director pills are completely removed
      • All medkits (except the saferoom ones) are converted to pills
    • The following items removed
      • Defibs
      • Grenade launcher
      • Chainsaw
      • Explosive/Incendiary Ammo
      • Laser upgrade
    • Slow down survivors by 17% in water (default: disabled)
    • Special Infected will not auto-spawn on finales

This plugin ships with the [http://code.google.com/p/l4d2-cevo-configs/ CEVO configs] soon to be available for use in the upcoming Alienware Arena tournament.

CVARs

Naturally for people interested in using this modification outside of the standardized competitive environment, we are providing CVARs to tweak every single feature to your heart's desire (listed at the URL).

INSTALLATION
    CHANGELOG
    Code:
     1.0 Release To Web
          + Special Infected will not auto-spawn on finales

1.0 Release Candidate 2
          + Removes the Dark Carnival 5 infinite Grenade Launcher

1.0 Release Candidate 1
          + Tanks will spawn on every map
          + Tanks will not be pre-lit by molotovs
          + Common infected behind survivors will be despawned
          + Many, many items are removed

CREDITS (srsteam members)
    Developers:
    • Downtown1
    • Frustian
    • AtomicStryker

QA:
    • Fission

Other contributors:
    • MDonahue
    • philogl

Thanks to all team members for holding together and pulling through, and we hope that everyone here enjoys our mod.

Feel free to visit our Google Code Homepage for your bleeding edge needs.

Views:
    1.0 RC1 - 76 (bin) 53 (src)
    1.0 RC2 - 76 (bin 37 (src)
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip srsmod-1.0.rtw-src.zip (27.1 KB, 2192 views)
    File Type: zip srsmod-1.0.rtw-bin.zip (23.8 KB, 2355 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 06-02-2010 at 17:41.
    SkaP
    Old 01-18-2010 , 00:22   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #2

Sweet this will cut down on a lot of plugins. Thanks! Test it in a few.

I really hope this allows a Tank on Dead Center 1 Oh man is that going to be funny as hell to see.

Edit: Just a heads up the Cvar config didn't auto-generate despite the page you linked to saying it would.

Last edited by SkaP; 01-18-2010 at 00:44.
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-18-2010 , 00:48   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
    Sweet this will cut down on a lot of plugins. Thanks! Test it in a few.

I really hope this allows a Tank on Dead Center 1 Oh man is that going to be funny as hell to see.

Edit: Just a heads up the Cvar config didn't auto-generate despite the page you linked to saying it would.
    Sorry, we don't have it auto generating the cvars, we did that to get the list of CVARs . Feel free to copy and paste that into your own configs though.

The problem with auto generating the config is that it reads in the values from the config every single map, which would override league/tournament configs which are typically executed once before a match starts.
    SkaP
    Old 01-18-2010 , 00:52   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #4

No problem still great.
    SkaP
    Old 01-18-2010 , 01:10   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #5

Oh this works great the Tank spawn on Dead Center 1 rakes people but it's almost always on fire if the survivors play it right and lead it into the fire. Got one to spawn seconds out of the top of the building near the first explosion and it killed 2 bots out the window. It's actually kinda balanced.
    egor1908
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-18-2010 , 05:42   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    The following items removed
    -
    Grenade launcher
    Chainsaw
    Explosive/Incendiary Ammo
    Laser upgrade
    Why people allways remove them -_- I would like to see these options off by default.
    OR - same things will spawn on same places for both teams.

And... Wow this is a nice plugin O_O <-- this is how my eyes looks now

Last edited by egor1908; 01-18-2010 at 10:05.
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-18-2010 , 14:17   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
    Why people allways remove them -_- I would like to see these options off by default.
    OR - same things will spawn on same places for both teams.

And... Wow this is a nice plugin O_O <-- this is how my eyes looks now
    We actually do have a CVAR for that

http://code.google.com/p/srsmod/w/edit/CVARs

srs_remove_enabled 0 and now none of the items will be removed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by biship View Post
    Oh no, I agree there are great things in this plugin. Some of those other plugins are great too. The problem lies in that unless you can enable/disable every feature from every mod, you can't run more than one at once. There are features from multiple mods I would like to run, but I am forced to have to choose one mod.
    Our mod already lets you disable every feature so we're not incompatible with any other mods. We don't even change any in-game CVARs, that's how compatible we are. You could just use the features we do that other mods don't (tanks on every map, common despawns, remove dynamic pills) and not use the other features (chainsaw/gl/ammo removal).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by biship View Post
    It almost like 4 independant efforts, which could be one super mod, with all the right options. (in a dream world).
    Indeed, we already have a team of 3 devs, 1 qa and are up for growing. So other people can come join our team and we would welcome them.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
    finally tanks on every godamn map. one question. should i remove the cvars for tanks spawns at all? and mods like annoying item remover?
    Yep you need versus_tank_chance_intro 1.0, versus_tank_chance 1.0, versus_tank_chance_finale 1.0. We aren't overriding any of those CVARs, we still let the director spawn tanks. We just unlock it on every map.

Quote:

zero comp mod has a lot of the similar features, but you need to restart maps for it to work. im hoping this one doesn't require a restart to implement changes? cant be botherer with restarign every map in pubs, team vs matches. not only comp players use this.
    Requiring a map restart is the lazy way, only reason it was done that way in the CEVO config was to prevent people from finishing a round and then turning on the Ready-Up mod (which would then let them ready, but only play for 1 round before the map cycles).

Basically you don't need to restart the map for anything except item removal (maybe unprohibit bosses? I'm not positive) which only works at the beginning of the round so you would have to set those CVARs before the map ends or in a config executed during OnMapStart.

If you have a really good reason to want item removal in the middle of a round then let us know (and how it should work when the survivors picked up the items already), we can add that too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
    This great plugin needs a code name. When i tell people "Go look at this <link>, it's a great CW/PCW plugin" they just say aww screw it, it's probably just like CEVO...

Advertise it some more
    It's not just like CEVO, it is part of CEVO. http://code.google.com/p/l4d2-cevo-configs/

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
    Just noticed that water slowdown is implemented. They didn't copy that into the OP in the other forums.
    It's off in CEVO (and defaulted to off in srsmod), so it wasn't mentioned in their announcements.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChillyWI
    CEVO should really do the following as well:

1. Water slowdown to COOP speeds.
    2. !readyup and !pause features.
    3. Lock spawn timers to X seconds (I've seen ranges from 15-20 work, so maybe 17?).

The "ghost warping" feature of Zero's comp mod (included in Confogl) is also handy at times, but not really necessary. I've also found that no starting kits works fine and many competitive players are already used to it. Note that the scoring in L4D2 works best when it's rare for teams to make it to the safe rooms.

I honestly can't believe that CEVO didn't include those three items above since they seem to be the least contentious of the competitive changes and really help certain situations.
    1. Water brake has been out for what, 2 weeks? Not enough time to get used to it. People think Hard Rain 4 is a joke, well try it with tanks being able to run around on roofs and throw cars around while also extinguishing themselves anywhere on the map.

2. Already part of CEVO with the Ready Up mod, coincidentally 2/3 of the devs are the same.

3. As Frust said number of features doesn't make a mod better. Quality > quantity.

Last edited by Downtown1; 01-18-2010 at 14:27.
    GanjaStar
    Old 01-18-2010 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
    Basically you don't need to restart the map for anything except item removal (maybe unprohibit bosses? I'm not positive) which only works at the beginning of the round so you would have to set those CVARs before the map ends or in a config executed during OnMapStart.

i didn't need to restart maps for anything, not even items. no medkits spawned, and items were severley limited. basically almost no pills, a few adrenalines, and much lower throwable rates.one thing though. intro's and finales still only tank or only witch? on hard rain 1 we only had a witch, i thought i did something wrong but tank came on maps 3 and 4 fine. I guess i have to remove the sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_intro 1 and sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_finale 1? the director prefers witches for intros and finales, even if you put the witch chance cvar much lower then then tank chance cvar, at least in my experience.

just askiong if you guys can get both on intros and finales?

great to finaly have seen hard rain become a true versus campaign. and dead center 1 with the tank was hilarious

Last edited by GanjaStar; 01-18-2010 at 14:31.
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-18-2010 , 14:28   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
    i didn't need to restart maps for anyithng. one thing though. intro's and finales still ony tank or only witch? on hard rain 1 we only had a witch, i thought i did something wrong but tank came on mpas 3 and 4 fine.
    Director game bug has existed since L4D1, put versus_witch_chance_intro 0 and versus_tank_chance_intro 1 (or the other way around). Director will only spawn in a witch OR a tank, never both on intro maps.
    ChillyWI
    Old 01-18-2010 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
    3. As Frust said number of features doesn't make a mod better. Quality > quantity.
    Oh, I know and agree with that completely. I just think that whatever the default settings are will be the ones that 99% of servers use, which is a good thing (standardized settings between servers). I just think that starting kits doesn't work all that well with the scoring system in L4D2. My personal opinion, but we'll see what happens when it's put to the test. I am happy that you guys included the cvar for it, though.

I also think HR4 would be one of the hardest maps in the game with both water slowdown and a tank, which is a good thing IMHO. Other maps benefit from the slowdown as well (HR3, DaC1), so I just wish you guys would have turned it on by default.

Like I said, just my opinion. Kudos for great work on this.