Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Krufftys Killers
Old 04-13-2015 , 20:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #701

When I use Fake Zoey I get an issue Ells he get stuck all the time.
DeathChaos25
Old 04-13-2015 , 20:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
When I use Fake Zoey I get an issue Ells he get stuck all the time.
What issue? It is impossible for FakeZoey to produce such an error, all the plugin does is Check for a client who is playing as Nick, if this client has a Zoey player model, their lines are replaced with Zoey's, and Send Proxy gives you Zoey arms/icons, the plugin does not in any way, shape, or form touch any other survivors except for occasionally forcing them to vocalize something related to Zoey, you can verify the source and confirm yourself, I also personally utilize Fake Zoey on a daily basis and have thus far encountered no errors.

However, we can still try to work the issue out, what exactly is happening that Ellis gets stuck?

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-13-2015 at 20:54.
Krufftys Killers
Old 04-14-2015 , 09:56   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #703

When I use FakeZoey and SendProxy_and_SCS_plugin Nick is unplayable. when players come in the game Nick is stuck players can't move If I slay Nick sometimes it fixes the issue and other time he still can't move . If I use your survivor_chat_select(windows) only I don't have that issue.
I see that you update FakeZoey and SendProxy_and_SCS_plugin so I try the updated one I let you know If I get the same issue.
Thanks Kruffty
DeathChaos25
Old 04-14-2015 , 11:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #704

Quote:
When I use FakeZoey and SendProxy_and_SCS_plugin Nick is unplayable. when players come in the game Nick is stuck players can't move If I slay Nick sometimes it fixes the issue and other time he still can't move . If I use your survivor_chat_select(windows) only I don't have that issue.
I see that you update FakeZoey and SendProxy_and_SCS_plugin so I try the updated one I let you know If I get the same issue.
Thanks Kruffty
Thats weird, like I mentioned, it is impossible for Fake Zoey to have such an effect.
I tried a fresh sm install with only fake zoey and found no issues what so ever, do you have any other survivor specific plugins? One of them may be the cause.
Old 04-15-2015 , 08:36   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #705

It's working now .
Was hoping you could add an upgrade to survivor_chat_select ?
When a player joins the sever he get a message to choose his charter so if He pick Louis when He return to server it renumbers that He was Lous give him Louis again.
DeathChaos25
Old 04-15-2015 , 10:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #706

Quote:
It's working now .
Was hoping you could add an upgrade to survivor_chat_select ?
When a player joins the sever he get a message to choose his charter so if He pick Louis when He return to server it renumbers that He was Lous give him Louis again.
That would possibly require the use of database to remember the player's steam id.

I am not yet that very knowledged in database handling, but I'll look into it and see what I can do.
Old 11-14-2015 , 17:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Thats weird, like I mentioned, it is impossible for Fake Zoey to have such an effect.
I tried a fresh sm install with only fake zoey and found no issues what so ever, do you have any other survivor specific plugins? One of them may be the cause.
Hello!
I registered to say thanks for your plugin, because this is the one that works =). And also i would like, if possible, to get some help with 2 little problems i encountered. First, i'll tell you what i'm using, so far bugless (including Zoey and Bill) so you can understand better my situation and so others can have a reference of what plugins to use for a 5-8 players game:

1. survivor_chat_select(windows) =)
2. l4d_superversus
3. All8survivors - Ash
4. l4dtoolz(L4D2)-1.0.0.9h

Game Version: 2.1.4.0
No-steam (playing LAN with friends using 5-8 characters)

Allright. Now let's discuss the situation.

Problem 1: If one of my friends dies or disconnects they come back normally as one of the characters. That's fine. But if i die(i am the server/host), a bot takes my place and i am forced to spectate until the end of the map, even if a bot dies or gets rescued. Is there any workaround other than not dying ever? =p

Problem 2: For some reason, i am the only one able to use !csm. My l4dscs.cfg is already configured as l4d_csm_admins_only "0". If one of my friends types !csm in chat, nothing happens and if they type sm_csm on console, they get this message: [SM] "You do not have access to this command". Also, i don't know if this is normal or not, but when i type l4d_csm_admins_only "0" on my console during gameplay, i get this error cant set l4d_csm_admins_only in multiplayer

By the way, to play i create a game through console using the comand map "Mapname"
and then they find the game in LAN window.

Sorry for brute english, and thank you in advance =)
DeathChaos25
Old 11-14-2015 , 21:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #708

First, there is a bug with 4+ players when people die, such as defibing the wrong person, etc, try installing this,
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=118723

For your second point, any time you want to change a plugin's cvar, you must use the sm_cvar command, for example, instead of just writing into the console

l4d_csm_admins_only "0"

you need to write

sm_cvar l4d_csm_admins_only "0"

typing the survivor names or the first letter into the chat also works, and these commands are not admin restricted, such as !zoey or !z for Zoey, !n or !nick for Nick, etc.
Old 11-21-2015 , 15:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
So, to fit a request from Bazrael, which was that he wanted the bots to be renamed to their survivor names when an Admin changes their characters for easier handling in Admin menus (instead of having Louis being named, say, Coach(3) and having to guess, he will now be named Louis in the menus like he should) I have updated the plugin.

THIS IS FOR LINUX ONLY!
I'll upload a windows version later.
Old Windows version is here (it changes Zoey to Rochelle for the past bugs) or use better [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock instead. Please note that if installed Real Zoey Unlock, you should use Linux version of SCS in Windows dedicated server because Zoey's bugs were fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (survivor_chat_select(windows).sp - 925 views - 12.3 KB)

Last edited by bazrael; 09-06-2018 at 08:59. Reason: Update for [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock
Ziggy95
Old 02-20-2016 , 13:40   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #710

hello guys
I dont know why but !csm command works but !zoey !bill !francis .. commands crash the server
I am on a 16 players co-op server under linux (rent)
I tried both version a and b but same result
When i change to !bill, the picture doesnt appears on my player (it seems i have a very small picture indeed) then the server doesnt respond anymore

i use metamod 1.10.7 and sourcemod 1.7.3

any ideas ?

Last edited by Ziggy95; 02-20-2016 at 13:47.