Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2008 , 09:08   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Yea, that has always been a problem with the built-in banning system.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
Dinosaur Gas
Old 10-04-2008 , 21:10   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
That's because there's no reason to fill in both. You either ban by steam id or by ip address, but I don't see banning by both ever being useful. And if it is, you can just add 2 bans.

I found it useful for record-keeping purposes. It was helpful in linking banned accounts.
Send a message via ICQ to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via AIM to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via Yahoo to Dinosaur Gas
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 10-05-2008 , 07:54   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

An account always has a steam id doesn't it? You only have to ban by IP address if there are multiple accounts joining from one IP (for example cafe accounts).
abnvet
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-05-2008 , 14:24   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quick question:

I have this installed now I believe it is working on both my servers. I have banned a few individuals from hlsw and it records fine on the steam bans.

The question is - does this remove the ban options from the menu? because I no longer see it while in game? and if I ban someone through console in game will it log my username when displaying on sourcebans? I am trying to figure out how to tell my admins to ban people and it properly reflect who banned them.

Thank you
ENF
Old 10-05-2008 , 21:48   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

In regards to the Ban menu issue, I had this happen and looked back at some previous posts. If you did not move the basebans.smx file from the plugins folder (to the disabled folder), Sourceban moves it for you... but you may have to restart your server to have the ban option show up in the menu.

This also applies if you are controlling your admin users through the SourceBan website.

When I did this, I had to just stop the server completely and restarted and I watched it add the ban menu option in the start up text. It's been working fine on 3 of my servers ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnvet View Post
Quick question:

I have this installed now I believe it is working on both my servers. I have banned a few individuals from hlsw and it records fine on the steam bans.

The question is - does this remove the ban options from the menu? because I no longer see it while in game? and if I ban someone through console in game will it log my username when displaying on sourcebans? I am trying to figure out how to tell my admins to ban people and it properly reflect who banned them.

Thank you

Last edited by ENF; 10-05-2008 at 22:19.
Dinosaur Gas
Old 10-06-2008 , 14:29   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
You only have to ban by IP address if there are multiple accounts joining from one IP (for example cafe accounts).
I realize this, but how would I know if I have that problem if sb does not log IPs? Admins cannot always be on the servers. In addition, what if the banned user's IP changes? This way I can geo-trace the IPs and determine if they are the same person(s). Do you see my point?

I guess I should have been more clear in that I am asking if you would consider adding the field back to the ban table?
Send a message via ICQ to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via AIM to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via Yahoo to Dinosaur Gas
abnvet
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-06-2008 , 17:27   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENF View Post
In regards to the Ban menu issue, I had this happen and looked back at some previous posts. If you did not move the basebans.smx file from the plugins folder (to the disabled folder), Sourceban moves it for you... but you may have to restart your server to have the ban option show up in the menu.

This also applies if you are controlling your admin users through the SourceBan website.

When I did this, I had to just stop the server completely and restarted and I watched it add the ban menu option in the start up text. It's been working fine on 3 of my servers ever since.

Thanks for the heads up - I moved the basbans into the disabled folder - restarted and it fixed it . FYI I did have to do sm_rehash though for it to display.

Moving on now I banned two people on each of my servers using the ban menu they were 1 hour bans, however it did not display on my sourcebans page, I then banned someone through hlsw for 5 minutes and it worked and displayed them.

Anyone know why this would be where it displays a ban if I use console but does not if I use the admin menu
Molli
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-07-2008 , 11:07   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

never mint.

Last edited by Molli; 10-07-2008 at 12:29.
Molli
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-07-2008 , 12:30   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTonY View Post
All the sudden I get this error...

Code:
L 09/27/2008 - 14:20:13: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [1045]: Access denied for user 'wssgamin_wsssb'@'r-72-5-102-6.internap-denver.nuclearfallout.net' (using password: YES)
I type in the right info o_O
I got this problem too

What i gotta do?
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2008 , 22:31   Re: SourceBans (1.3.5) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I got this problem too

What i gotta do?
Grant the database user access to connect from your game server's IP address.