Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

yerkan79
Old 06-15-2014 , 16:05   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #281

good plugin... thanks...
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 06-15-2014 , 18:52   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #282

To anyone who's posted on the last 2 pages:

Have your rates recovered? I'm considering using this but I obviously have a choice to make.
boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-16-2014 , 01:57   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post

Have your rates recovered? I'm considering using this but I obviously have a choice to make.
We're getting there. You should use it.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2014 , 13:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #284

Quote:

Our rates have grown quite rapidly over the last week or so. They sent an e-mail saying there were new campaigns for UK/US users and this is where most of our traffic comes from. So right now, things are looking better. Just hope it doesn't die down too quickly.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 06-18-2014 , 15:14   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #285

I've installed this on my test server.

My thoughts are simple: the ads are flash based. This is a big problem. Unless your using Firefox, you won't have Flash Player for other browsers installed -- IE has it's own version and Chrome is built-in. That's already a 30% chance (based on browser) that a video ad can't be served. Not only that, but flash ads are annoying. They crash game clients all the time. The other ads are simply too low paying to be of any value (text/banner). I also fail to see how anyone is getting paid anything decent since you can't force the ads and I doubt any advertiser wants to pay for an ad that didn't even get to render before it was unloaded. However, Pinion suffers the same forcing problem (I tried both yesterday) so at least for now, I think the ads are not for me.
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 20:48   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #286

make about 50cents to $1 (Australian) a day across 7 servers during the week. About $1.50 a day on weekends. Its pretty shit really.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 21:35   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #287

Quote:
I've installed this on my test server.

My thoughts are simple: the ads are flash based. This is a big problem. Unless your using Firefox, you won't have Flash Player for other browsers installed -- IE has it's own version and Chrome is built-in. That's already a 30% chance (based on browser) that a video ad can't be served. Not only that, but flash ads are annoying. They crash game clients all the time. The other ads are simply too low paying to be of any value (text/banner). I also fail to see how anyone is getting paid anything decent since you can't force the ads and I doubt any advertiser wants to pay for an ad that didn't even get to render before it was unloaded. However, Pinion suffers the same forcing problem (I tried both yesterday) so at least for now, I think the ads are not for me.
If you want to try embedded in your own HTML MOTD pages and not use the plug-in at all, reach-out to MOTDgd folks for the code. Not sure they have this feature "released" yet, but I've been beta-testing (I guess that's what you call it) for a while now. In my case, I am only using banner advertisements, which pay really, really, really low (any network - not just MOTDgd). But, if you are willing to do video the same way (non-plugin), that might work for you. Just a suggestion.
mlov420
Old 07-11-2014 , 07:50   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #288

Hi everyone. I know that this is forum for discussion of the MOTDGD plugin, but because there is very little communication that goes on in the community, I wanted to post a link to a discussion I've started in their Steam Forum regarding some extreme capping/restrictions that are being imposed on the advertiser/LiveRail's end. It's information that you should absolutely read about because there is a good chance it effects your community too.

I have placed some of my private community information in that discussion out of good faith, trying to bring awareness to this community as well as improve the conditions on our servers to be optimal for maximum revenue. I am willing to share more in the event that it is required, but please....do not avoid the discussion. Please go and offer anything you can to it. If you rely on this revenue for your community, you CANNOT afford to not participate.

Hope to see some of you in there. Thank you for your time and have a great day =D

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mot...6691148884912/

Last edited by mlov420; 07-11-2014 at 07:51.
IcEWoLF
Old 07-12-2014 , 01:22   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgaming View Post
make about 50cents to $1 (Australian) a day across 7 servers during the week. About $1.50 a day on weekends. Its pretty shit really.
Ouch, thats pretty low. I have a server that is always packed but looking at the rates...it doesn't look like its worth it if its only earning that little a day. I earn more with AdSense a day on my forums...
How does this compare to Pinion?

Last edited by IcEWoLF; 07-12-2014 at 01:26.
mlov420
Old 07-13-2014 , 06:41   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #290

Currently, the services are very comparable. MOTDGD is facing an extreme problem right now with LiveRail placing restrictions on their most active and popular clients. These restrictions are causing up to a 75 percent loss in revenue. This cannot be disputed. I have 100 percent factual evidence of this. The other problem is that they refuse to address this with LiveRail. They are sitting back and letting their highest earning communities take a beating, and respond by saying "it's the advertisers". The owners have spent the majority of their time offline in the past 3 weeks since this became a problem. They are next to impossible to contact anymore, as where I used to talk to Ixel on a daily basis. The last 3 times I've email their support, I have not received a response, including yesterday.

Pinion's model is very consistent in terms of how their counts work but they pay a lot less and you will accumulate almost 50 percent less impressions through Pinion. This is coming from someone who distributes well over a million video adverts a month, and has for the past 7+ months while doing about 500k a month in the 6 months prior to that. MOTDGD has better features and a better dashboard, but their services change without notice and they change often. They implement features then take them away without notice (frequency caps, Net 30/60/90 payments).

It's really a toss up as to which service is better at the moment. All I can tell you is don't get used to your earnings because they will change without notice, without your servers or average amount of clients changing. And there isn't shit you can do about it.....

Last edited by mlov420; 07-13-2014 at 06:42.