Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Constant FPS

Post New Thread Reply   

Misery
Old 10-16-2014 , 04:42   Constant FPS
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

Have any of you tried on Windows 2008 R2 to get stable FPS. In fact any windows interest me. For now I'm bound to windows because of 2-3 amxx/meta modules I've done that must parse the code and haven't yet implemented a decent dynparser on linux.

That said... I'm on 2008 R2 and I experience FPS drops. I run 1000FPS servers, and when the server is around 20+ players, performance starts to degrade a bit. Sometimes I can see drops as far as 300-400 FPS, then goes back to 1000, then down again... etc.

So I wonder if anyone is able to get good FPS, most of all *stable* fpses, that do not fluctuate more than per se 20-30 fps. Is that doable on Win?

Thanks
CookieCrumbler
Old 10-17-2014 , 08:29   Re: Constant FPS
Reply With Quote #2

-sys_ticrate 100000 in commandline will give you 1000 FPS constant on windows , must be running a high resolution timer for it to work though

For high res timer look up srcdsfpsboost.exe and keep it running at all times

Also what are your box specs as running high fps can overload your CPU to the point of burning it out if your not careful and dont have a good enough machine to handle it/ Also be aware High FPS servers use more bandwitdh