12% 

SoD Player Stats

Post New Thread Reply   

FrostbyteX
Old 06-30-2009 , 21:46   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffsbiz View Post
Yes, you would think so. So why doesn't it work?
Kills are not logged using the player_death event by default. They use player_hurt. There is a good possibility that hl2dm does not fire this event, or has an equivalent event.

If someone wants to post a hl2dm-specific SoD-stats game file (look under the game directory in the zip file), I'll repackage and include it. It will take me some time to getting around to it.

Steve
Dog_Pound
Old 06-30-2009 , 22:18   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #532

We would be interested in testing this new web interface. Would this support gathering stats from multiple servers by any chance?
Mr.Crappypants
Old 07-01-2009 , 10:02   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #533

We have been using your stats for along time and appreciate how well it works in the game "DODS". We would like to test and help out with the new version of stats.
FrostbyteX
Old 07-01-2009 , 19:04   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #534

Dog_Pound, yes it would. Crappypants, I'm making a list of people and will send off a PM with download link when beta is finished.
nicatronTg
Old 07-01-2009 , 20:25   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #535

So it's not possible to get SoD stats to run in hl2dm then? I guess I'll just go without stats then.
Old 07-01-2009 , 23:17   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #536

anyway to make it give regular updates in the chat window similar to how hlstatsx works?

oh also whats the difference between sm_stats_displaymode 0 and 2? They seem to have the same functionality...

awesome plugin btw, thanks for making it

Last edited by wylker; 07-01-2009 at 23:26.
t3rm1nal_s(0ut
Old 07-02-2009 , 05:24   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #537

tester here too if needed ;)

FrostbyteX
Old 07-02-2009 , 19:55   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicatronTg View Post
So it's not possible to get SoD stats to run in hl2dm then? I guess I'll just go without stats then.
It is possible. I just need to update it. But I'm currently developing SoD Stats v2.0 and a clan management site that links forums/stats/ingame-chat, so I don't have time to make the modification.

Steve
biffsbiz
Old 07-04-2009 , 10:44   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #539

ref: HL2DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbyteX View Post
If someone wants to post a hl2dm-specific SoD-stats game file (look under the game directory in the zip file), I'll repackage and include it. It will take me some time to getting around to it.
I will gladly do this, but I don't understand what you mean by "hl2dm-specific SoD-stats game file (look under the game directory in the zip file)." I don't see any zip file under the game directory when running SoD-stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbyteX View Post
It is possible. I just need to update it. But I'm currently developing SoD Stats v2.0 and a clan management site that links forums/stats/ingame-chat, so I don't have time to make the modification.
Will v2.0 have HL2DM support? Do you have a timeframe for completion?

Thanks for your efforts!.

Biff

Last edited by biffsbiz; 07-04-2009 at 11:04.
FrostbyteX
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:48   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #540

biffsbiz,

go to addons\sourcemod\scripting\sodstats. the files in that folder contain the event handlers for each game. every game listed has its own unique way of recording stats. for games that are not listed, the defaultgame.sp event handlers are used.

if you want to make a new game file for hl2dm, make a copy of defaultgame.sp, and add a "#define ID_HL2DM ##" at the top with the game id of hl2dm. then go into sodstats.sp, add an include for "sodstats/hl2dm.sp" and add ID_HL2DM to the GetGameId() function. directly below the GetGameId() function is the HookEvents() function. add your gameid to that switch statement, and call the corresponding HookGameEvents() function that is defined at the top of your hl2dm.sp file (you will have to rename this function).

dont have time to give better instructions; send me a pm and i'll add you to steam friends, and help you out later while i work on SoDStats2.0.

steve