Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues

Post New Thread Reply   

VsX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-04-2018 , 13:12   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #11

Thank You, however i get SM] Extension customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so failed to load: /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/srv1/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so)

I have installed one

libstdc++6:
Installed: 4.9.2-10+deb8u1

Last edited by VsX; 04-04-2018 at 13:13.
blacklagoon
Old 04-05-2018 , 02:38   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsX View Post
Thank You, however i get SM] Extension customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so failed to load: /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/srv1/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so)

I have installed one

libstdc++6:
Installed: 4.9.2-10+deb8u1
try this one and tell me, this one load on my crappy test server
Attached Files
File Type: so customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so (522.3 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by blacklagoon; 04-05-2018 at 02:45.
VsX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2018 , 11:38   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #13

I think my problem is that I'm using debian 8.1 (jessie). And the newest gcc available is 4.9 which not include GLIBCXX_3.4.21 And there's no possibility to update this. F8ck ;/
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2018 , 09:58   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #14

Should be able to change the build script to use a static libstdc++. It'll be a bit bigger (for TF2, the compiled extension ends up being 1.5MB compared to ~0.4), but it shouldn't depend on any external libraries at that point.

The extension could also maybe be built with AMTL instead to avoid standard library dependencies; most things that are in use seem to have equivalents there.

(I'd look into it myself but I don't have a SSH key to Github set up on my build environment as it's technically borrowed, CBA to move stuff between that and my Windows box.)

That said, here's the extensions compiled with static libstdc++ (Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS).
Attached Files
File Type: so customkeyvalues.ext.2.csgo.so (505.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: so customkeyvalues.ext.2.css.so (1.45 MB, 145 views)
File Type: so customkeyvalues.ext.2.tf2.so (1.45 MB, 160 views)

Last edited by nosoop; 04-06-2018 at 10:16.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 04-06-2018 , 10:16   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks, I might look into using the SDK or AMTL containers next time.
Should also mention that this could probably be done as a plugin as well (with DHooks) since all it does is hook CBaseEntity::KeyValue and store the key/value params from that. I made it an extension since I wanted a sort of easy first project for making extensions and also because writing it in SourcePawn would be a bit of a pain (could maybe be done by using StringMaps)

Last edited by hmmmmm; 04-06-2018 at 10:20.
VsX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-07-2018 , 13:00   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #16

So the problem is still the same. I tried nosoop extension and the one which sent me blacklagoon. I think the problem is in the gcc version. You compile it on version 5+ (I suppose, this one is on ubuntu) and the max version of Debian 8.1 is 4.9, which includes GLIBCXX_3.4.20 and less.

Theoretically, I could try to compile it on my machine, however, I didn't find any step-by-step example how could I do this. I was looking into readme of other extensions here but seems I miss something, because when I download HL2SDK it throws me, that I need other one which includes csgo and so on, and so on.
blacklagoon
Old 04-07-2018 , 13:44   Re: [EXTENSION] CustomKeyValues
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsX View Post
So the problem is still the same. I tried nosoop extension and the one which sent me blacklagoon. I think the problem is in the gcc version. You compile it on version 5+ (I suppose, this one is on ubuntu) and the max version of Debian 8.1 is 4.9, which includes GLIBCXX_3.4.20 and less.

Theoretically, I could try to compile it on my machine, however, I didn't find any step-by-step example how could I do this. I was looking into readme of other extensions here but seems I miss something, because when I download HL2SDK it throws me, that I need other one which includes csgo and so on, and so on.
well the one i sent you in mp to avoid flooding here was static linked, it's supposed to ignore the different version of libstdc++ you can have and should work on your os, but sadly it won't for some unknown reasons so i guess i'll tell you how to compile it step by step it would be simpler.

So first off you should follow https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Building_sourcemod requirements. That should setup ambuild, the sdks and etc. you don't need to build sourcemod entirely though.

Once you've done that go to the sourcemod/extensions/ path and put that extension source in a new directory:
Code:
mkdir customkeyvalues
Now that you've done that we will setup a build
Code:
cd sourcemod/extensions/customkeyvalues
mkdir build
cd build
python ../configure.py --sdks csgo
ambuild
you might have warnings or errors, just go to these lines if there is and replace the int variables to unsigned int and it should build.

Last edited by blacklagoon; 04-07-2018 at 13:51.