Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved fastdownloadurl weird problems

Post New Thread Reply   

Infamanious
Old 05-21-2022 , 22:41   fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #1

My sv_downloadurl is set appropriately and works for public clients connecting to my server however if i connect via lan ip or external ip i cant use my http webserver to fast download my server files.( i can also connect via http browser and view the entire index of my webserver and download without problems) The download will timeout and then revert back to the old download style. The file server is currently hosted on the same machine as my HLDS server with obvious external ports forwarded.

see above topic
The fix was to set my routers settings to ip passthrough ( dmz) DPHCS fixed manually set with my computers mac address. In ipconfig before this setting my ipv4 address was listed as my internal but now its listed as my external. Previously i had set my internal as 'default server' which was my mistake at first. Also the settings require a reboot to take place most of the time.

Last edited by Infamanious; 05-23-2022 at 03:42.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-22-2022 , 02:09   Re: fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #2

In my opinion it is more weird, that you try to download stuff from a computer with direct physical access via a fast download instead of directly downloading it. Why do you have to download it at all? You already did that to put it onto your server!?!

Infamanious
Old 05-22-2022 , 02:38   Re: fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
In my opinion it is more weird, that you try to download stuff from a computer with direct physical access via a fast download instead of directly downloading it. Why do you have to download it at all? You already did that to put it onto your server!?!
Initially it was more or less a diagnostic thing as i am constantly worried something is happening on my users end that i can't replicate. If im going through problems i figure they are too but sometimes that isn't the case. I've had this problem from the very start of hosting my own server and so far my clients dont have problems. I just feel that if i fix this problem i'll always have a way to know if theres a problem with my downloadurl. I absolutely hate slow downloads.
Infamanious
Old 05-23-2022 , 03:43   Re: fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Because it feels good to download content from your own server at lightning speed Please dont lie to me and say it doesn't excite you to see 50 mb/s data transfer rate on your ftp client, no?

Last edited by Infamanious; 05-23-2022 at 03:44.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-23-2022 , 10:43   Re: fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #5

Well, I get well over 100 MB/sec transferring files from my data storage onto my gaming computer, but I won't recognize your problem at all, simply because I download files at first onto my gaming computer to test the maps, plugins and all new stuff and then simply drop it onto the server.

Infamanious
Old 05-25-2022 , 04:29   Re: fastdownloadurl weird problems
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Well, I get well over 100 MB/sec transferring files from my data storage onto my gaming computer, but I won't recognize your problem at all, simply because I download files at first onto my gaming computer to test the maps, plugins and all new stuff and then simply drop it onto the server.
After transitioning over to a windows server and rewiring my old cat 5 cables with cat6 im getting a constant 110mb/s transfer rate via FTP both via lan and public ip. Thinking about getting the ATT 2000 mbps plan but i'll have to rewire with cat 7 and hope they give me a new modem/router. As for the problem..seemed to have been fixed by a hard reset and other methods.