Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Khadgar
Old 10-07-2011 , 07:09   Re: [CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)
Reply With Quote #41

I'm having trouble with this plugin.
We're using it on our CSS DeathMatch servers but the convars keep resetting them back.

These are the cvars defined in server.cfg

Quote:
// [CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)
// ConVars:
sm_protection_enable 1 // If enabled, players will spawn with "protection" protecting them for sm_protection_duration seconds.
sm_protection_duration 4 // The number of seconds players will receive protection for after mp_freezetime.
sm_protection_decay 0 // default 1- If enabled, the total duration of protection will decrease until reaching zero, disabling protection for the round.
sm_protection_maximum 0 // The total number of seconds sm_protection_decay will operate for before disabling protection.
// sm_protection_falling // Determines how players are protected from falling damage. (-2 = All Fall Damage, -1 = All Fall Damage (w/ Protection), 0 = No Protection, 1 = Non-Fatal Fall Damage (w/ Protection), 2 = Non-Fatal Fall Damage)
// sm_protection_ending // Determines how players are protected after the round ends. (-1 = Protection From Everything, 0 = No Protection, 1 = Protection From Players)
// sm_protection_shooting // If enabled, protection will be disabled early should the player fire their weapon.
// sm_protection_notify // Determines printing functionality. (-1 = Hint Message, 0 = No Message, 1 = Chat Message)
sm_protection_punish 0 // Determines punishment functionality. (-1 = Slay Player, 0 = No Action, 1 = Lose Health)
// sm_protection_punish_value // The amount of health lost, if sm_protection_punish is equal to 1.
// sm_protection_freeze_time // If enabled, spawn protection and decay are put off until mp_freezetime expires.
// sm_protection_pre // If enabled, players will receive the effects and colors defined by their appropriate variables while under protection.
// sm_protection_pre_t // The effect and color combination players on the Terrorist team will receive during protection.
// sm_protection_pre_ct // The effect and color combination players on the Counter-Terrorist team will receive during protection.
// sm_protection_post // If enabled, players will receive the effects and colors defined by their appropriate variables after their protection expires.
// sm_protection_post_t // The effect and color combination players on the Terrorist team will receive after protection.
// sm_protection_post_ct // The effect and color combination players on the Counter-Terrorist team will receive after protection.
When I check those now, there current values are:
Quote:
13:03:54 "sm_protection_decay" = "1" min. 0.000000 max. 1.000000
- If enabled, the total duration of protection will decrease until reaching zero, disabling protection for the round.
13:04:12 "sm_protection_maximum" = "30.0" min. 0.000000
- The total number of seconds sm_protection_decay will operate for before disabling protection.
13:043 "sm_protection_punish" = "1" min. -1.000000 max. 1.000000
- Determines punishment functionality. (-1 = Slay Player, 0 = No Action, 1 = Lose Health)
13:05:14 "sm_protection_duration" = "7" min. -1.000000
- The number of seconds players will receive protection for upon spawning. (-1.0 = Team Duration, 0 = Disabled, # = Seconds)
Thats.... completely different then what I defined.

Any idea how this can happen?
Old 10-12-2011 , 03:49   Re: [CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
  • Fixed a small issue where data wasn't being refreshed on the first round of the map due to a bad if() placement.
I'm using sm_protection_freeze_time "1" and on the first round it still protects players during the freeze time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar View Post
I'm having trouble with this plugin.
We're using it on our CSS DeathMatch servers but the convars keep resetting them back.
Use the plugin's own config file from cstrike\cfg\sourcemod.
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2011 , 09:42   Re: [CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)
Reply With Quote #43

Any news about that bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrO View Post
I'm using sm_protection_freeze_time "1" and on the first round it still protects players during the freeze time.
I'm using the latest version.

Last edited by GrO; 11-26-2011 at 09:43.
Agent Wesker
Old 05-04-2012 , 14:33   Re: [CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)
Reply With Quote #44

There should be an option that instead of time-based protection it is distance / radius away from spawn point (for surf server) but still disables if shoot (so cant be exploited).