Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

People cant join my L4D2 server +other problems.

Post New Thread Reply   

HowieM00
Old 02-24-2011 , 19:21   People cant join my L4D2 server +other problems.
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone, I'm new to the whole creating a server thing, so here are my problems.

After "supposedly" setting the server up, I couldn't join it without getting an error. I now can JOIN it and do sv_cheats 1 on the server. (ONLY if I join it using the bottom right Steam Groups on the l4d2 home screen.) If I try to create a lobby and join it, I can't do cheats. (It says go make my own LAN game or whatever) <--- Problem #1

I can't get it to be versus, no matter what it always says "Campaign 0/4 MapName-Normal" in the steam servers list. (Bottom right on l4d2 homepage) <--- Problem #2 (Stay with me for what I'm about to say might get confusing ) I CAN make a lobby, make it versus and join my server. It's just the default Game play option that's incorrect on the bottom right corner of the L4D2 home screen.

If I make the lobby in versus, (say 8 people are in the lobby including me) and I start the game, when the game finally starts I'm the only playing, and a few seconds later I get a shutdown notification because there are no people on the opposing team. <---- All of this - Problem #3

Sorry, I'm new at this.

Thanks!
-HowieM00
marvel
BANNED
Old 02-26-2011 , 11:35   Re: People cant join my L4D2 server +other problems.
Reply With Quote #2

Problem 1: You can't create lobby's with sv_cheats enabled (duh).

Problem 2: Add this to your server.cfg:

sm_cvar mp_gamemode versus
sv_gametypes "versus"

Problem 3: Add this to your server.cfg:

sm_cvar sb_all_bot_game 1

Obv. u need sourcemod/metamod installed.

Btw. these are all very basic problems which a quick Google could've sorted out easily. Maybe you're better of joining existing servers?