Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

bonbon
Old 11-27-2011 , 19:23   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but 'g_BanTarget' in sourcebans.sp sets the target for a banning admin to a target's client index, could you please change it to use userids instead?

I tried banning someone today, with my own reason, but before I could type it in, the player had left, and someone had joined in their slot, causing them to be banned instead.

I woulda posted at the bug tracker site, but I get this error, so meh

Code:
An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure  on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message,  try looking through the help files for more information.

[#404] Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index
   |¬ ¬|
    \|/
     |
    / \
Feel So Good
Pics of me

Last edited by bonbon; 11-27-2011 at 19:26.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-27-2011 , 19:42   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I don't think you understand.. its not over writing the data in the files... its over writing the whole file! As in just dragging another right over into the directory and replacing it with a new one so no matter what permissions I use it will still do this.

Edit: Well what I've done to test and try is I've recompiled the sourcebans script and changed the file names inside just adding a "1" to the end of them like admins_groups1.cfg and admins1.cfg so upon restarting server it made those two files and didn't over write my others. Tested it with a dummy account with a ban and it banned and tracked back to the web page so looks like its workign for now..I'll test on the other 2 servers tomorrow but maybe that will take care of that. Just don't know why it would need to over write files and not make its own is beyond me.
That is odd. On my FTP if I set any file to the file permission of 0400 then even if I try and overwrite it it will say not enough permissions. It's how I stop certain files from being updated when Valve releases patches.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-27-2011 , 21:44   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
That is odd. On my FTP if I set any file to the file permission of 0400 then even if I try and overwrite it it will say not enough permissions. It's how I stop certain files from being updated when Valve releases patches.
I still don't think you understand... its not permissions to write to the file it was just copying over with a whole new file same name - understand now? Didn't matter what permissions were it would still replace the FILE not the data within the file.

But to maybe solve the problem I've edited the script and made it create a admins_groups1.cfg and an admins1.cfg instead but I'd like to make sure this wouldn't create another issue down the road but so far so good...just didn't make sense of what it did.
mgunnett
Old 11-27-2011 , 21:45   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Technically shouldn't matter, depending on the OS. I know windows allows funky things like that unless a file lock is made like for DLL's for instance.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-28-2011 , 19:02   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnett View Post
Technically shouldn't matter, depending on the OS. I know windows allows funky things like that unless a file lock is made like for DLL's for instance.
This is on a linux server but either way on another windows server unless file locks were placed it would copy over the file not just the data within the file and a lock on the files was too annoying since I may need quick access via FTP so solution presented itself but I'm just wanting some sort of reassurance that doing this "rename create" of the files won't harm nothing - so far it's not.
mgunnett
Old 11-29-2011 , 17:53   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Well, why don't you disable backup of the admins configs in the config file?

Set
Code:
"BackupConfigs"    "1"
to
Code:
"BackupConfigs"    "0"
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-29-2011 , 22:49   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Well, why don't you disable backup of the admins configs in the config file?

Set
Code:
"BackupConfigs"    "1"
to
Code:
"BackupConfigs"    "0"
so far the solution I've done has taken care of it - just so long as it causes no errors that's what I'd suggest to others as well but something to look at in future releases IMO.
mgunnett
Old 11-29-2011 , 22:52   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

The solution I think the SB team would support at this time is the one I listed as it does not involve changing any of the core files. But indeed, whatever works for you.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-30-2011 , 10:12   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
The solution I think the SB team would support at this time is the one I listed as it does not involve changing any of the core files. But indeed, whatever works for you.
Yeah if it works and no issues I'll stay with it..if one of the team members chime in and say do something else that works better etc etc then I'll go with that so long as they put out instructions on the change needed.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-08-2011 , 14:58   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Having some problems with the RCON and the Admins.cfg file.

We recently switched to a new host, we transfered all configs/files etc so nothing has changed. If I ban someone in game, their ban shows on the website etc so I know that works. I can also send RCON messages (sm_pmsay) if I right click their name on the server list on the website.

So all of those are working, the only problem I am having is it doesn't seem to be updating my Admin files properly. It keeps reseting the admin.cfg file to blank, it never did this before :/ And also the "RCON" option doesn't appear on the servers list either, but it still shows for my old servers still.

Any idea what could be stopping that?
Closed Thread