Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

Miu
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2015 , 10:21   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #31

a ctrl + G shortcut to go to a specified line would be nice

cool editor though!! nice work (:

edit: the indentation is rather awkward and it'd be cool if the autocomplete/intellisense thing worked like visual studio in that you have to press down arrow to select something, atm it's completely impossible to add a newline after e.g. #if defined DEBUG without it autocompleting it to Debug_FloatArray

Last edited by Miu; 03-28-2015 at 17:33.
StealthGus
Old 03-28-2015 , 14:32   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #32

Everytime I try to start a new project or open a project, I get Spedit has stopped working.
Is this a problem on my side? I want to try and use this but it doesn't seem to want to work for me

Last edited by StealthGus; 03-29-2015 at 01:50.
WhiteThunder
Old 03-28-2015 , 20:22   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #33

I really like the editor so far. Great job!

I especially like the workflow assistance the editor provides such as copying/uploading the file and the ability to run command line programs, but I think you could take it a little farther. For example, reloading the plugin on the server after copying it. I am currently able to achieve this locally by using a command line utility I quickly made that sends an arbitrary command to a server. Here's basically my Post-Build command line:

Code:
copy {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir}\{pluginname}
del {scriptdir}\{pluginname}
rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"
Notice how I had to copy and delete the smx file manually. Both are operations that the editor provides except that the Post-Build command line takes place BEFORE the copy process happens, and you can't load a plugin that isn't there yet, so I had to do them myself. It would be handy to include additional options such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload to increase flexibility.

Furthermore, not everybody has a command line utility to send rcon commands, so it would be neat if that was just built into the editor. The QueryMaster lib does the trick for me.
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2015 , 13:09   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteThunder View Post

I especially like the workflow assistance the editor provides such as copying/uploading the file and the ability to run command line programs, but I think you could take it a little farther. For example, reloading the plugin on the server after copying it. I am currently able to achieve this locally by using a command line utility I quickly made that sends an arbitrary command to a server. Here's basically my Post-Build command line:

Code:
rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"
Notice how I had to copy and delete the smx file manually. Both are operations that the editor provides except that the Post-Build command line takes place BEFORE the copy process happens, and you can't load a plugin that isn't there yet, so I had to do them myself. It would be handy to include additional options such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload to increase flexibility.

Furthermore, not everybody has a command line utility to send rcon commands, so it would be neat if that was just built into the editor. The QueryMaster lib does the trick for me.
do command1 & command2 to have command2 execute after command1 has finished, i.e.,

move {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir} & rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"
WhiteThunder
Old 03-29-2015 , 23:03   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
do command1 & command2 to have command2 execute after command1 has finished, i.e.,

move {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir} & rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"
The order of the commands executing was not actually an issue for me with the example I provided, though what you have there is obviously more efficient. The ordering issue occurs when you use the editor's built-in functionality of "Auto Copy after Compile" which happens after the build process and after the Post-Build command line. I was merely stating that a Post-Copy command line could be useful for instances such as that although not absolutely necessary.
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2015 , 08:06   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #36

oh sorry, thought you meant the whole post-build commandline was executed at once ^^
_AeonOne_
Old 03-31-2015 , 11:45   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryWolf View Post
One thing to say "amazing"

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
This looks like a very much needed improvement over Pawn Studio which crashes over the smallest thing, and while I've never lost significant progress, I'd hate for it to happen.

Will provide feedback.
Thanks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
Thanks for a tip I found a new bug when used it - SPEdit doesn't recognize polish letters and then the copy command fails.

Post-build commandline:
Code:
copy "{scriptfile}" "D:\Użytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
Result:
Code:
C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven>copy "C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven\test_plugin.sp" "D:\UĹĽytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod" 
        0 file(s) copied.
After switching to a folder that contains latin letters only, copying works fine.
Well, the editor saves your commands to batches and executes them. So when this doesn't work, then it shouldn't I think. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
a ctrl + G shortcut to go to a specified line would be nice

cool editor though!! nice work (:

edit: the indentation is rather awkward and it'd be cool if the autocomplete/intellisense thing worked like visual studio in that you have to press down arrow to select something, atm it's completely impossible to add a newline after e.g. #if defined DEBUG without it autocompleting it to Debug_FloatArray
- Thanks.
- Will be added thanks ^^
- The indentation is a point of work for now. The Intellisense will get a passive-option which does exactly that but it's not likely to be in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGus View Post
Everytime I try to start a new project or open a project, I get Spedit has stopped working.
Is this a problem on my side? I want to try and use this but it doesn't seem to want to work for me
You have a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteThunder View Post

Code:

Well, i thought about it a long time now..
I really don't know what i should do. I thought of changing the order of commandline and native-copy or add another commandline (a thing I want to prevent..). I'm not pretty sure what to do but I'll see. Thanks for suggesting.

To your rcon-cmd: nice done. But a native implementation is something for the (more or less far) future but thanks for suggesting anyway. ^^

Last edited by _AeonOne_; 03-31-2015 at 11:46.
WhiteThunder
Old 04-05-2015 , 15:56   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #38

I have used the editor a lot recently and I have some more feedback.

The find/replace dialog constantly annoys me. I should be able to press escape to close it rather than just ctrl+f. When opening the dialog, it should also select what was there previously so I can quickly change it.

The upload feature does not work if you have copy/delete selected because it doesn't know where to get the file since being deleted.

The "include" directory in the build configuration is misleading since it's apparently expected to actually be the directory which contains an "include" directory AND the spcomp.exe. It would be nice to have a separate option for specifying where the compiler is located, and the "include" directory should be the actual include directory.

Due to the limitations with the upload and command line features, I am finding I am simply doing it all myself from command line which defeats the purpose of having it all in the editor. As I said in an earlier post, adding more command line hooks such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload would be very useful. You seem to have the idea that too many boxes is a bad thing but more configuration options can only be good imo.

I just noticed you have already been working on adding built-in RCON support so thanks for listening to my feedback!
barel31
Old 04-05-2015 , 22:04   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #39

Any way to change the Syntax Reformatter rules?
crayz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-06-2015 , 02:51   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #40

Nice! I didn't feel like goin' through the hoops of setting up SourcePawn in VS so I ran a quick Google search for an editor. Been using SPEdit for a few hours and I'm happy with it so far, thanks.