Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Adding Sounds to amxmodmenu

Post New Thread Reply   

Snipersnest
Old 01-02-2005 , 20:08   Adding Sounds to amxmodmenu
Reply With Quote #1

I did some searching on the forum before I posted this....not much luck. I'm looking for somebody that can help me add a new sound to the speech.ini

I can't find the stock sounds that are listed in there....have no clue where to find them, I've done a search on all files in all folders and still nothing.

But all I want to do is add new sounds to the list...Anybody have any ideas?
Send a message via AIM to Snipersnest Send a message via MSN to Snipersnest Send a message via Yahoo to Snipersnest
bo0m
Old 01-03-2005 , 03:15  
Reply With Quote #2

Sure, here is how it is done. First off, please make sure the sound files are in the correct form and everything is correct. Then make a new folder in the sounds folder called "custom". Then add all the sound files you want in there. Then go to speech.ini and add them. Oh yea thats right you don't know how, haha. Well this is how. For example if you added the sound called nub, the sound called amxmodx, the sound called abc, it would look like this:

Code:
"what you see on the menu"	"spk \'custom/nub\'"	           "cd"   "a"
"what you see on the menu"	"spk \'custom/amxmodx\'"          "cd"   "a"
"what you see on the menu"	"spk \'custom/abc\'"	           "cd"   "a"
Where is says "what you see on the menu", that is what you will see on the menu so lets say you are putting a song up by eminiem called shady, you would probably put "eminem-shady". Do no forget to put the quotes around it. And also, what ever your file is called, that is what you put instead of nub or amxmodx or abc.

Hoped that helped, I spent, I mean wasted a lot of time on this post! Lemme hear wussup, try it out!
Send a message via AIM to bo0m
Arsenal_Fan
Old 01-03-2005 , 04:36  
Reply With Quote #3

Guide
Old 01-03-2005 , 19:48  
Reply With Quote #4

While that page is accurate, it should be said I made those docs for AMX Mod 0.9.8a and older, not AMX Mod X. I haven't been keeping up with this project for some time, so I don't know how relatable the info is. Just a FYI.
Snipersnest
Old 01-03-2005 , 20:45  
Reply With Quote #5

ok one more quick question....Do the WAV files I add have to be in any certain format? like mono 22,000hz or something? Just wondering, no one said anything about that besides
Quote:
First off, please make sure the sound files are in the correct form and everything is correct.
lol....its very helpful information you guys gave me! I'm just double checking. Thanks again for the answers.
Send a message via AIM to Snipersnest Send a message via MSN to Snipersnest Send a message via Yahoo to Snipersnest
Snipersnest
Old 01-03-2005 , 22:03  
Reply With Quote #6

ok so I have the sounds in my /sound/misc folder....I added the sounds to the list the way you guys showed....still nothing...I tried very low quality, higher quality and best quality....

still nothing... Do I have to do these with a mod or can I do them without one?
Arsenal_Fan
Old 01-04-2005 , 03:38  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gely
While that page is accurate, it should be said I made those docs for AMX Mod 0.9.8a and older, not AMX Mod X. I haven't been keeping up with this project for some time, so I don't know how relatable the info is. Just a FYI.
I added some ready audio files in to speech.ini with this guide and it worked on AMXX v1.0. There is no difference, just the same things.
Old 01-04-2005 , 03:41  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest
ok one more quick question....Do the WAV files I add have to be in any certain format? like mono 22,000hz or something? Just wondering, no one said anything about that besides
Quote:
First off, please make sure the sound files are in the correct form and everything is correct.
lol....its very helpful information you guys gave me! I'm just double checking. Thanks again for the answers.
Here is some info about format of audio files you need to convert