Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2010 , 07:42  
Reply With Quote #51

Approved

I also suggest you rename this to something like SourceMod Anti Cheat.

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 09-20-2010 at 07:49.
Send a message via MSN to tcviper
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-20-2010 , 09:54   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #52

Thanks viper, I've certainly consider it, but I'm attempting to give Kigen the chance to maintain his plugin on these forums. I figured I'd give it a week and if no action has been taken, just maintain the branch here with community support.

*Edited, that was a joke but it didn't come out as one considering how drunk I was upon writing this*

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 09-20-2010 at 14:01.
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2010 , 13:07   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
...and stealing code from his site, with proper credits of course, from time to time haha...
If you overdo it, i think Kigen would stop supporting SM version of the plugin and make a closed sourced stand alone version from it.

I can understand both sides!

To all parties:
Let this dispute not to be a war.
Is very bad fo
r a community. (KAC and AM)

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 09-20-2010 at 13:09.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-20-2010 , 14:01   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #54

*Note to self: Do not attempt to make jokes while intoxicated*
Old 09-20-2010 , 15:56   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #55

Well said HSFighter
and thetwistedpanda don't worry about it man, it's all good.

frap
Old 09-20-2010 , 16:37   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
people should have the right to decide who is banned in their own servers
They do, they can either use his plugin or not use his plugin. Kigen was helping the community by providing his plugin, I don't understand why people have to bitch and moan about what he provides..I guess nothing can ever be good enough can it? If you have a problem with hackers joining your servers, then don't add the damn plugin. All it does is make it easier for people. Do you really not have enough people on your servers that you have to let the entire hacking community join and populate your server with hacks? Guess so. The master server just has Steam ID's that were added by the plugin because those people were hacking. It's like seeing someone kill someone in real life. When you talk to the person, they say they are sorry, and you let them go. Also you should rename the plugin, obviously you don't have too because it's open source, but I do believe you do not go by Kigen. Also, with telling people to go to Kigen for help, that sounds like a dick move because Kigen does not support this plugin.

And yes, Kigen can very easily stop supporting sourcemod and create it without sourcemod. Then it seems that this will be the latest sourcemod version of the plugin.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-20-2010 , 16:46   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #57

@ Frap, apparently you still don't comprehend the situation as your post was once again way off base. Kigen is supporting this plugin, however he refused to do it on these forums for reasons you can find throughout this area and the KAC section. He clearly said people should register on his website to receive support for KAC, but that also implies that users are not able to download the plugin without visiting the site, and I felt it prudent that a needed plugin not disappear due to personal issues with the community.

Originally this was only a place holder to provide people access to his plugin, without having to deal with unnecessary issues such as visiting his site and leaving AM. Issues started to arise however as I provided a Network Disabled version, which is something he hasn't supported in two years. Despite the fact that it would cause no issues with the general plugin (aside from auto update not functioning, so perhaps fixes couldn't be issued fast enough), it wouldn't affect the overall plugin. But since Kigen refuses to support that feature, he doesn't want me redirecting clients to him that use it. I met him half way by saying if users report their issue here first, it can easily be determined if it's his plugin, or the network being disabled.

With all of that being said, Kigen wants all references to KAC to be removed from these forums and for him to support it privately on his site. Should that happen, this plugin will definitely be renamed and support will be maintained by myself and anyone else who wishes to carry this plugin. Likewise, if he gets over his personal issues with these forums and resubmits his plugin, I'll merely request this topic to be deleted as it will serve no further purpose. Now none of this really has any place in this topic, it's being used to provide a needed plugin to the community until Kigen figures out what he wants to do. If you want to bitch, take it to the current topic within the KAC section.
Old 09-20-2010 , 17:34   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
@ Frap, apparently you still don't comprehend the situation as your post was once again way off base. Kigen is supporting this plugin, however he refused to do it on these forums for reasons you can find throughout this area and the KAC section.
I know that, that would be why I stated "This plugin", meaning the plugin that I am currently replying to a topic about. Kigen does not support the plugin that you "created" (if you wish to use that word). Also, out of all the things that I stated on my post, you replied to only one, and to that one you were wrong.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-20-2010 , 18:13   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by frap View Post
I know that, that would be why I stated "This plugin", meaning the plugin that I am currently replying to a topic about. Kigen does not support the plugin that you "created" (if you wish to use that word). Also, out of all the things that I stated on my post, you replied to only one, and to that one you were wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
First, I was asking that he provide support for the version he MODIFIED. I still would support the unedited version. Try reading before posting.
This has already been made quite clear Frap. The only reason that anyone has an issue with what Kigen is doing is he's asking for Money ($100 more then SourceMod, AMXModX, SourceMM and MetaMod as a whole are asking). If you yourself weren't financially motivated as being the Co-Owner of the Gaming Clan that was created and is still being run on the Master Server. Your single point may be valid. However, at this point, you're rambling on about how people don't have to use his plugin because of not being able to disable the network feature. This is not what had created the initial issue (or this present issue), and it's still not holding anyone back from editing the plugin themselves. Kigen wants his plugin and anything related to it removed from AlliedMods. This is the issue at hand. Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT:
I personally would like Kigen to continue supporting his Plugin on AM (he helped me fix the disconnect asshatery that was going on in the Summer). However, if this doesn't happen, I'd at the very least like a repository made somewhere so I can submit my own fixes and personal additions. Sharing is caring.

Last edited by KyleS; 09-20-2010 at 18:18.
santaclaus
Old 09-20-2010 , 18:51   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #60

nightrider got a gold medal in term of communication. He's truly a good asset to Kigen. His trust for Kigen despite those accusations is prayseworthy.

On the other hand , frap ... :sigh: