Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Counter-Strike should be free to play?

Post New Thread Reply   

Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 14:33   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syturi0 View Post
Why are you defending a multi bilionaire company? Valve only cares about money, not their fans/community or people in general.

Why would someone (that lives in poor contrys) pay 8€ for a 20+ years old game that gets no updates, no bug-fixes, nothing... dispite being in the top-10 most currently played game on steam. The AMXX/Modding community has offered to help Valve in Goldsrc updates, for free, and they refused, they litterly want CS:1.6 to die so everyone plays CS:GO and wastes IRL money on shitty Skins and Cosmetics.
Why are people defending Valve? How about the fact that it was their idea? I’m sure your white knight attitude will be tarnished if you were one of the developers at valve collecting royalties.

Moral of the story is that it’s their idea, creation, innovation and business model. You have no right to question them. All I see here is someone who is jealous and miserable that others get to have good things.

As for coming from a poor country. I call bullshit! CS 1.6 is ~$10, so let’s say with price inflation it gets double and costs $20. Even then it’s not expensive by any means. I see people from Brazil buy this game. You being from Europe sure can as well.
Old 04-22-2018 , 14:45   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Why are people defending Valve? How about the fact that it was their idea? I’m sure your white knight attitude will be tarnished if you were one of the developers at valve collecting royalties.

Moral of the story is that it’s their idea, creation, innovation and business model. You have no right to question them. All I see here is someone who is jealous and miserable that others get to have good things.

As for coming from a poor country. I call bullshit! CS 1.6 is ~$10, so let’s say with price inflation it gets double and costs $20. Even then it’s not expensive by any means. I see people from Brazil buy this game. You being from Europe sure can as well.

Quote:
"oh look! kids downloaded CS:1.6 for free on the internet, such illegal act amygod!!! REEEEEEE"
And i am the white-knight?

Valve idea/creation? You are nuts, it was made by 3 random guys (James Ohlen, Jess Cliffe, Minh Le), Valve just bought the rights and then further developed the game.

Why does non-steamers bother you so much? If it wasn't for non-steam, CS:1.6 would be dead by now, and i probably would never played it.

Why are you so angry that kids play the game YOU LOVE, for free? Its a sh*tty outdated 20+ years old game... and yes i have bought it my self, many many years ago. I just dont get all that hate, specially like i said, most non-steamers are kids from poor contrys, most of them will play non-steam for sometime and only later they buy the steam version (like my self). Most of them also play CS:1.6 only because they dont have money to aford a good PC to play CS:GO.

Last edited by Syturi0; 04-22-2018 at 14:49.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 15:14   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #43

The AMXX section of this forum is still alive thanks to non-steam. Nice way to say "thanks".
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 15:36   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syturi0 View Post
And i am the white-knight?

Valve idea/creation? You are nuts, it was made by 3 random guys (James Ohlen, Jess Cliffe, Minh Le), Valve just bought the rights and then further developed the game.

Why does non-steamers bother you so much? If it wasn't for non-steam, CS:1.6 would be dead by now, and i probably would never played it.

Why are you so angry that kids play the game YOU LOVE, for free? Its a sh*tty outdated 20+ years old game... and yes i have bought it my self, many many years ago. I just dont get all that hate, specially like i said, most non-steamers are kids from poor contrys, most of them will play non-steam for sometime and only later they buy the steam version (like my self). Most of them also play CS:1.6 only because they dont have money to aford a good PC to play CS:GO.
Those developers worked with Valve because it was a mutually beneficial deal. Plus, they used an engine built by Valve.

I’m not upset at people who use non-steam. I’m upset with people who promote it.
Old 04-22-2018 , 18:50   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #45

The problem is not that people CAN'T afford the game, the problem is that people WONT pay for a game they can get FOR FREE, i used my own money or my servers revenue to pay for Steam versions of the game to giveaway to people on my server
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2018 , 20:02   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
I'm not going to judge on anyone here.
But you and all others here have to accept and respect that this board does not support your doing.
This board has to respect the law. Get that in your mind and stop arguing.
we all have to respect the law, but no one here is breaking any, last time i checked we all have Freedom of Speech, for me it does not matter if the game becomes free, that's my opinion, the rest can have their opinion too, so can you!

Last edited by tarsisd2; 04-22-2018 at 20:03. Reason: grammar
Voltron
Old 04-22-2018 , 22:00   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #47

Yes, it's time for 1.6 to go free... because it's losing too many players to fortnite!
Old 04-23-2018 , 03:37   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
we all have to respect the law, but no one here is breaking any, last time i checked we all have Freedom of Speech, for me it does not matter if the game becomes free, that's my opinion, the rest can have their opinion too, so can you!
And there we have the problem: you don't even THINK that you are doing something wrong and that only because you don't hold something in your hands when you download a game that you did not paid for.
would you argue the same way if you had to steal a CD or DVD to get the game?

tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2018 , 06:23   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
And there we have the problem: you don't even THINK that you are doing something wrong and that only because you don't hold something in your hands when you download a game that you did not paid for.
would you argue the same way if you had to steal a CD or DVD to get the game?
and how do you assume i'm doing that? i have over $ 400 dollars of games on steam, i don't have a single pirate game on my computer, that doesn't mean i'm saint, i download every day, series and anime to watch by torrent, that's against the law, but everyone does it!

but that's not what we are talking about in here!

my point is, ppl are talking whether or not a old game should become free, since there are no updates for a long time and the game are far from stable! that's ok, no one is breaking any rules, they can talk as much as they like, you are the last person to tell them otherwise, unless to say your own opinion.

valve can listen our opinion and decide to accept or not, we can be smart about that, lets start a petition, see where it goes, who wants to support it?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-23-2018 , 11:03   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #50

Don't take "you" as "yourself". I'm talking about all these users that either use no-steam, promote it or support it.

I highly doubt that valve will do that. They only do it for games they can earn money in another way.