Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007

Post New Thread Reply   

D_ONE
Old 01-08-2011 , 14:43   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
yeah especially when one of our members helped optimizing VIA's skinbyscore script to ES ...
wow you are going some years back... I'm assuming if you are Danish you mean dk royal servers? If you want to tell the full story we actually mutually gave and helped set up your community with our scripts, it was a friendly relationship and one of the reasons your copycat community became popular. (Relationship isn't so friendly any more you might have noticed ) So if you're gonna act like things 4years ago have relation to today then at least get your facts right.

Okay I took the bait

Kyle if people read this thread they would have been able to get a working mod from bobdole and maverick of the DG community. It works fine for a 24/7 medium sized VIP server. He didn't post it here because he doesn't want to have to support it. I got in contact with them and am grateful for them releasing it as our coders had no energy to build it from scratch. We've heavily changed the mod we got to suit our needs, much like many of you customise your mods when you get them.

Don't even know why I'm doing you the favour of telling you this when you will just flame me. If you were to persevere in the right way you would have been able to do this yourself, I owe you guys nothing. Especially since you are the European rivals I'm on about lol.

Good day

Last edited by D_ONE; 01-08-2011 at 15:39.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-10-2011 , 00:55   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_ONE View Post
Kyle if people read this thread they would have been able to get a working mod from bobdole and maverick of the DG community. It works fine for a 24/7 medium sized VIP server. He didn't post it here because he doesn't want to have to support it. I got in contact with them and am grateful for them releasing it as our coders had no energy to build it from scratch. We've heavily changed the mod we got to suit our needs, much like many of you customise your mods when you get them.
I suppose, still pestering someone via PM for a mod is bad. Especially if the people they're giving the source to are unable to fix issues with it themselves.
Quote:
Don't even know why I'm doing you the favour of telling you this when you will just flame me. If you were to persevere in the right way you would have been able to do this yourself, I owe you guys nothing.
You're using SourceMod to run the Mod. You owe AlliedMods everything, and more.
Quote:
Especially since you are the European rivals I'm on about lol.
I'm Canadian, rivalry is very childish. We should be helping each other, data should be free.

I've coded this from scratch, and it has full map/model support from this MM:S plugin. [CS:S] VIPMod

Cheers,
Kyle12.
D_ONE
Old 01-10-2011 , 02:32   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #273

Kyle why would I be referring to you or alliedmodders? I was referring to the two hostile posts before yours, of whose identity I did know. The point is I contacted DG community who released what they had, they didn't want to release it here because of the issue/work they would have needed to do to support it (for example what all the recent updates caused). So we acquired that, go back a few pages and you will see I got in contact in this thread in response to your 'pestering' claim.

You understand many communities customise mods they get from here? And they are in no hurry to release the added features they put into them to customise it. This is no different so you are being very hypocritical. The mod was available, it worked, we just customised/changed it (heavily granted) to work better on a large server and the way we do VIP here. You should start campaigning server owners to release their scripts if you want to be consistent in your view.

GL with your release of the mod. Resentment is a great motivator it seems. You should really add me to the credits for that

Last edited by D_ONE; 01-10-2011 at 02:36.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-10-2011 , 02:56   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #274

Quote:
Kyle why would I be referring to you or alliedmodders? I was referring to the two hostile posts before yours, of whose identity I did know. The point is I contacted DG community who released what they had, they didn't want to release it here because of the issue/work they would have needed to do to support it (for example what all the recent updates caused). So we acquired that, go back a few pages and you will see I got in contact in this thread in response to your 'pestering' claim.
When you said "Don't even know why I'm doing you the favour of telling you this when you will just flame me. If you were to persevere in the right way you would have been able to do this yourself, I owe you guys nothing." which inferred that you were talking to everyone (including me) who didn't agree with your above plug saying you're exclusively running the mod. I by no means meant you pestered them (Bobdole or the DG community). What I was saying is if we have to PM someone just to get a mod, why even have forums where everything is freely available without request.
Quote:
You understand many communities customise mods they get from here? And they are in no hurry to release the added features they put into them to customise it. This is no different so you are being very hypocritical. The mod was available, it worked, we just customised/changed it (heavily granted) to work better on a large server and the way we do VIP here. You should start campaigning server owners to release their scripts if you want to be consistent in your view.
I've gotten hundreds of SourcePawn plugins from here and have hard coded everything, changed the translations, made them unique (I've never loaded a plugin as is on any server, ever). The only reason people do this is because either they want something completely unique (Go for it, I certainly have no objections), or the author will not make the requested changes. To clarify, the mod was not publicly available. At the moment you don't even have to register in order to get the plugin that I just posted. That's how it should be, especially since it's predecessor was publicly available as well.

I'm quite interested in the changes that your community has made. I guess the next time an AS_ map is on I'll have to jump ingame and see the changes. I tried to RTV yesterday, but the server was barren and it required three more votes .
Quote:
GL with your release of the mod. Resentment is a great motivator it seems.
Thank you. Resentment is only a good motivator when people take advantage of the current situation. I started work on this over 8 months ago then scrapped it. I just recoded this from scratch because there was still no working public implementation of it.

I hope this has clarified any confusion,
Kyle12.
D_ONE
Old 01-10-2011 , 03:49   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #275

It wasn't available on this site, however it was and still is available on another site (even still at this moment of posting). I've said their reasons why it wasn't posted here initially. The same reasons applied to what we produced from it, there was no intention of supporting this for the wider community straight away, potentially too much work in it and distractions. Its all good thinking someone active like you will come along and help support it when bugs arise ect, but as you can see by the amount of time VIP taken it doesn't always happen and would have been down to us. This was on top of the motivation to not have rivals have their hands on it at the same time we produced it, rendering any benefit it gave us useless.

Our community was the definitive community for VIP mod, our players loved it, with as_escape being the most popular map on the then most popular server in the world. So we had full motivation on giving them it back, the people that donate and keep our community alive. If people were to take one step out of the box they could have easily done the same. Well I thought that would be understood. I was naive to think that, my excuse being I'm pretty new to the coding side of things.

I think being in Canada you should try quite a few hours earlier to see us fuller, 7.30am our time is about as far from the optimum period as you could possibly get (Also we don't run the full rotation in the early hours)

Last point I've gotta get across luke. I had set a time of two months before releasing all this, and I would have stuck to that having mentioned it to a few community leaders already that we are friendly with. Was also responding to a few PM's requesting it that we got in the time you were coding yours up, and was going to release the plugin to those people as well (abiet not the sourcecode yet) on that point may I refer to L.Duke not releasing the source code on this very plugin. If I was to have posted it publicly sourcemod terms and conditions say something about having to release the sourcecode alongside it afaik. So forgive me for being in a bit of a catch 22.

td;dr
I'm not a bad guy, and the people from the certain area of the CSS world I'm on about (not you luke!) are full of hypocrisy.
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2011 , 15:04   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #276

to many long posts so little reading...

Im going to go ahead and post the mod here, Sorry D-ONE but you got a head start at optimizing it at least...

I didnt want to post it here for pure reason because i didnt want to support it and the same still goes im far to busy to work on it myself so lets see what other people can do with it.

When you look at the code you will absolutely be appalled at how just plain bad the coding it. ALOT of it can be optimized and alot of stuff is geto-fied but of couse it made that way with the intention of me working on it alot :/

was working 100% when i last ran it i dont know what updated broke what however.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (vip.sp - 399 views - 24.2 KB)
File Type: txt plugin.vip.txt (319 Bytes, 195 views)
KaiserJeeĈ
Old 01-10-2011 , 17:31   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #277

i lold..

love from dimitri<3

and thx for the no reason ban on via forums.. tried to help roflsaurus.. such a friendly clan

Last edited by KaiserJeeĈ; 01-10-2011 at 17:36.
D_ONE
Old 01-10-2011 , 19:19   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #278

Yeah you helped like aids helps, why as a server owner would you register on another communities forums to make snide remarks? You're the only person I've ever forum banned btw, to emphasise how annoying you were.

(dimitri is the dk royal community leader from a few posts above )

Last edited by D_ONE; 01-10-2011 at 19:21.
Molli
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2011 , 02:05   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:

But you come here and start advertise that.Why not just mod it and be quiet
D_ONE
Old 01-11-2011 , 03:53   Re: VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007
Reply With Quote #280

Yeah I got no answer there, it was my naivety having not been active here very long.

On the other hand you've now got a supported release of the mod from Kyle, so from your point of view you could say it was a good thing