Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-01-2018 , 16:32   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I don't know what I did but the bug acts differently now.

1. The client no longer stays in control of the bot, so players are able to take over that bot once the client goes in spec.
2. The client sometimes disappears upon map transition especially when enough players are on.
3. When I kick the bot and re-add it through abm-mk it is no longer under the client's control.

Side note: The clones bug is back for me. Even without my Anti-Speedrunner System enabled, players still connect and get clones. For example: All 8 survivors are on the server. When a player takes over the Rochelle bot, he/she could become Francis instead and only switches back to Rochelle when the player disconnects. I don't have any plugin installed that saves character cookies for players, and this bug only reoccurred after I upgraded to 1.97. On 1.95 and 1.96 I didn't experience this.
Not sure what you tried, but try something similiar to this if you haven't.

PHP Code:
if (!IsClientInKickQueue(client)) {

// Do something with this client, they're not being kicked

As for the clones, I think I might know what's going on. I've tried cleaning up quite a few things but in the process, I may have cleaned up "edge case" code. I'll take a look at it again. Thanks for the heads up
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-02-2018 , 17:05   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #372

Hello Admin,

Here's 1.97k and it introduces an experimental feature that will later be optional. It currently defaults to on because people only really love giving you feedback when there's a problem. So I'm leaving it on and hoping people report problems. If you join SI in non-competitive modes, your name will silently change to the class you takeover. Please let me know if this works or if it can be done better. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (47.6 KB, 116 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 100 views - 104.8 KB)
kot4404
Old 01-04-2018 , 11:55   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #373

Sadly I did not find any bugs from this new feature (Thank you, you added everything I wanted) however the tank spawning works a bit strange ( that was in the previous versions too) if you don't spawn after the 20 seconds because survivors can still see you after you spawn you can not actually left click attack, it just doesn't do anything and you can only throw rock
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-04-2018 , 12:38   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Sadly I did not find any bugs from this new feature (Thank you, you added everything I wanted) however the tank spawning works a bit strange ( that was in the previous versions too) if you don't spawn after the 20 seconds because survivors can still see you after you spawn you can not actually left click attack, it just doesn't do anything and you can only throw rock
That left click attack has been a problem since the dawn of time. I think it has to do with manually spawning the tanks. I might try to tackle the arms again and I'll try a few things. Btw, this should only happen in non-competitive modes right?
kot4404
Old 01-04-2018 , 12:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #375

Yes, the tank bug happens only in non competetive modes, also could you add simple button in the admin menu that redirects to /abm?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-04-2018 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #376

Quote:
Yes, the tank bug happens only in non competetive modes, also could you add simple button in the admin menu that redirects to /abm?
Please tell me if 1.97l fixes the Tank arms. Since I could never while testing reproduce this issue (but I have seen it), I just went ahead and removed the Tank arms before they spawned. I double checked for the effect of being unable to swing then gave the Tank arms and it works. Now I'm just checking if they have arms before being done with handing the Tank off to a player. If this doesn't work, I may have to force arms another way.

I won't focus on adding ABM to SourceMods admin menu because it's currently very simple to bind either to their own keys. I'd rather keep it this way as it'll just add a complexity I'm not up for maintaining atm.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 100 views - 104.8 KB)
File Type: smx abm.smx (47.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 110 views)
kot4404
Old 01-05-2018 , 15:14   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #377

It is possible to attack as the tank now

Edit: or not, sometimes it just doesn't work even when you spawn the normal way, also i'm experiencing problems in team switching recently, just nothing happens.

Last edited by kot4404; 01-05-2018 at 16:29.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-08-2018 , 05:37   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #378

Quote:
It is possible to attack as the tank now

Edit: or not, sometimes it just doesn't work even when you spawn the normal way, also i'm experiencing problems in team switching recently, just nothing happens.
Even though I could never reproduce the Tank arm issue in testing, I would definitely see it sometimes during normal game play. The other day I played several games as infected and not once, did I get the Tank arm issue. I'm pretty convinced I solved it.

When you say switching Teams does nothing, how reproducible is it? Can you walk me through how you can get "Switching Teams" to do nothing?
kot4404
Old 01-08-2018 , 11:35   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
When you say switching Teams does nothing, how reproducible is it? Can you walk me through how you can get "Switching Teams" to do nothing?
it usually happens after few survival rounds as infected, when I want to join survivors it just won't let me join and move me to spectators
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-09-2018 , 14:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #380

Hello Admin,

I just uploaded 1.97o to the main post. The CHANGELOG here can get you up to speed from what was on the main post (1.94) to what's on there now (1.97o). Have fun