Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2017 , 00:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #361

Code:
seereeus beeznizz Connected
[LMC] Model is Chopper Pilot
* (3)ABMclient2 changed name to Louis
Francis gave a molotov to seereeus beeznizz
Seems to still be there even with 1.98. Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this though.
Old 12-31-2017 , 07:32   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Code:
seereeus beeznizz Connected
[LMC] Model is Chopper Pilot
* (3)ABMclient2 changed name to Louis
Francis gave a molotov to seereeus beeznizz
Seems to still be there even with 1.98. Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this though.
This is normal and it usually happens so quickly no one notices. What's not normal is if the ABMclient2 sticks around. This will prevent the bot from moving and no humans will be able to take them over. Are they sticking around?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2017 , 09:30   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
This is normal and it usually happens so quickly no one notices. What's not normal is if the ABMclient2 sticks around. This will prevent the bot from moving and no humans will be able to take them over. Are they sticking around?
Yes they stick around. I tried kicking the client and the bot, but the client sticks around. And when I re-added the bot through abm-mk the bot is still controlled by the client. This prevented me from taking over that bot, and as a result of having that client around, I was also unable to skip the credits scene because the client itself could not vote to skip.
Old 12-31-2017 , 15:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #364

Sorry,

The last binary (abm.smx) upload I made was to an older version, I apologize for this. Try this one, make sure when you pull up the ABM menu, it actually says "1.97i". Again, I apologize.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 112 views - 102.7 KB)
File Type: smx abm.smx (46.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 137 views)
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2017 , 17:35   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Sorry,

The last binary (abm.smx) upload I made was to an older version, I apologize for this. Try this one, make sure when you pull up the ABM menu, it actually says "1.97i". Again, I apologize.
Unfortunately the bug is still present.
Old 12-31-2017 , 18:04   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #366

Quote:
Unfortunately the bug is still present.
I really need a walk through of how you're seeing this. I believe you and since I can't reproduce it, it's bothering me pretty good. I appreciate your help Crasher and thanks for bringing this up.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2017 , 18:35   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #367

Quote:
I really need a walk through of how you're seeing this. I believe you and since I can't reproduce it, it's bothering me pretty good. I appreciate your help Crasher and thanks for bringing this up.
Well, I first encountered the problem on a local server, so I thought it was just because of the fact that it was a local server. Then I tried it on a dedicated server that I test my plugins on and the bug was still present.

Basically, I load into the server and I see the chat notification that the ABM client changed it's name to its respective character. After a minute or so, the client goes into spec and stays there. I tried kicking it before and after it goes into spec, and I get the chat notification that the client got kicked. Though, the client is still on the server even when I kick the bot that it controls. When I re-add the bot through abm-mk -8 2 it is still under the client's control.

Before you worry about this bug though, let me do some more testing. I feel that a plugin I recently installed or edited may be conflicting with ABM.
Old 12-31-2017 , 19:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #368

Hmm, for some reason the SDKCall function I use in my Anti-Speedrunner System plugin is causing the bug. I know that you don't really have any obligation to look into other plugins and that this is off-topic, but here's the code I use for the SDKCall function. I can't fathom how this would cause the server to add an ABM client.

I copy-pasted the code from L4D2 New Custom Commands by honorcode and that plugin has never conflicted with ABM all these months.

PHP Code:
void vBileSpeedrunners(int targetint client)
{
    if (
GetClientTeam(target) == 2)
    {

SDKCall(hSDKBileSurvivortargetclienttrue);
    }

Old 12-31-2017 , 20:10   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #369

Quote:
Hmm, for some reason the SDKCall function I use in my Anti-Speedrunner System plugin is causing the bug. I know that you don't really have any obligation to look into other plugins and that this is off-topic, but here's the code I use for the SDKCall function. I can't fathom how this would cause the server to add an ABM client.

I copy-pasted the code from L4D2 New Custom Commands by honorcode and that plugin has never conflicted with ABM all these months.

PHP Code:
void vBileSpeedrunners(int targetint client)
{
    if (
GetClientTeam(target) == 2)
    {

SDKCall(hSDKBileSurvivortargetclienttrue);
    }

I'm not sure but maybe try filtering ABMclient2 or wait a frame and then confirm before using this. Also what might be helpful is checking if the client is in the kick queue. Thanks for confirming the issue
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 16:13   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #370

I don't know what I did but the bug acts differently now.

1. The client no longer stays in control of the bot, so players are able to take over that bot once the client goes in spec.
2. The client sometimes disappears upon map transition especially when enough players are on.
3. When I kick the bot and re-add it through abm-mk it is no longer under the client's control.

Side note: The clones bug is back for me. Even without my Anti-Speedrunner System enabled, players still connect and get clones. For example: All 8 survivors are on the server. When a player takes over the Rochelle bot, he/she could become Francis instead and only switches back to Rochelle when the player disconnects. I don't have any plugin installed that saves character cookies for players, and this bug only reoccurred after I upgraded to 1.97. On 1.95 and 1.96 I didn't experience this.