Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

kot4404
Old 12-26-2017 , 10:27   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Thanks for pointing this out, I appreciate it and have changed the value going forward. Quick question, since you've found this, I imagine you changed the value yourself and recompiled? If so, did it then work as expected?
Yes, I did change it myself and the respawn time changed but believe it could have changed some other things, but didn't look further into it (the code is too massive right now and I actually can not code that much to understand the whole sp)
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-27-2017 , 12:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Yes, I did change it myself and the respawn time changed but believe it could have changed some other things, but didn't look further into it (the code is too massive right now and I actually can not code that much to understand the whole sp)
Thanks kot4404,

Please check out 1.97d, I'm just going to copy and paste the changelog here, any feedback is appreciated

Changed
  • g_AssistedSpawning staying on until end of round
  • pragma newdecls required permanently enabled
  • Rewrite to VScript Director Options Unlocker remembering state between reloads
  • Increased survivor_limit/z_max_player_zombies up to MaxClients
  • Large numbers of SI should now spawn more evenly (X of each not 4 and 0, etc)
  • _abm_wrapswitch is now abm_wrapswitch (wraps chooseteam/jointeam commands)
  • Unlocked SI limits are now dynamic based on team size
  • RegulateSI to VDOUnlocker (more descriptive to its purpose)
  • If abm_unlocksi != 0, limit SI team to size of surviving team
  • abm_loglevel defaults to -1
  • Use !join in Vs to switch sides

Fixed
  • g_AutoWave turning off prematurely
  • Versus Survival is no longer recognized as Scavenge (thanks to kot4404)

Added
  • SI waves now spawn a quarter size every (abm_spawninterval / 3)

I've noticed an issue I don't know why I've never picked up on before but abm_unlocksi could have overwhelmed survivors to the point of frustration. This should no longer happen and you should be able to safely switch between 0, 1 and 2 at any point. The fixes that went into improving abm_unlocksi may make abm_spawninterval redundant (especially if you're already unlocking them or prefer them this way).

The difference is, abm_spawninterval spawns waves of SI at certain intervals that'll match the team size and abm_unlocksi will unlock them and let the games director figure out the spawning.

If I didn't break anything to badly, this will go up as 1.98. Feedback as always is appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 148 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (47.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 118 views - 103.4 KB)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 12-27-2017 at 16:37.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-27-2017 , 16:36   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #353

I've updated the post above this one, https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=352 with 1.97d. It fixes autowaves which get turned off prematurely in 1.97c. Sorry about that.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-28-2017 , 08:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #354

Thanks to Kruffty for bringing this to my attention, ABM will not load if you do not have VScript Director Options Unlocker on the server. I've added a check to prevent requiring it to be present. Sorry about that.

Two things to note about 1.97f. If you join SI in non-competitive modes, you should now be able to see ladders and cars highlight (thanks to Lux). SI still do not have night vision, if anyone knows how to fix it, I appreciate your help. Also, a pleasant surprise not intended or even attempted to fix is, extra bots remember their health and weapons between maps.

Before, say you had (abm_minplayers 10). Every new round, 6 of the bots would spawn fresh at 100 health and whatever the ABM weapon layout was from abm.cfg. Now, bots remember their health and layout (no more spawning new bots). This was not intended as a fix and may or may not work for you. Let me know?

Also, because of how bots are no longer spawned in new every round, I think this may have introduced a bug with some bots getting removed at the start of a round. I'm looking into this now.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 107 views - 103.8 KB)
File Type: smx abm.smx (47.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 12-28-2017 at 08:59.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2017 , 10:42   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #355

Jeezus I'm still on 0.1.96. xD
Old 12-28-2017 , 11:19   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #356

That could be stupid and unecessary feature, but could you add stealth mode, like your name automatically changes to si class in not competetive modes when you join the si?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-28-2017 , 11:41   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Jeezus I'm still on 0.1.96. xD
It's cool, it's what's on the main post that matters. 1.97f as of this post is a bit buggy. When I feel comfortable releasing it, it'll make the main post. If you're on a version not found on the main post, you might some things don't work as they should. If you're happy, don't update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
That could be stupid and unecessary feature, but could you add stealth mode, like your name automatically changes to si class in not competetive modes when you join the si?
I won't add it now but here's where you'd do that. Go to TakeoverZombieBotSig and "SDKCall(hSwitch, client, target);" is where a client takes over the zombie. After this line, the client is in the body, the next line GetBotCharacter(target, g_model) gets the name and puts it into "g_model".

Some place after this, the following might work https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/sd.../SetClientName

Also, SI spawning (in non-compeitive modes) in 1.97f is a bit buggy and I think it's due to the abm_respawndelay.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-30-2017 , 16:58   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #358

Hello Admin,

I believe and hope, 1.97h is the final version before 1.98 (damn do I hope this). I believe all bugs are squashed and if anything it should better than it ever was. I did fix an old outstanding bug of survivors getting attacked during spawn in the safe area. If you spawned in as SI in the flesh or get swapped out during a setup, hopefully that's fixed too. If you've been following since 1.97d, the changelog is

Added
  • - Human SI can now see ladders at the expense of losing sight of survivors

Fixed
  • - AutoWaves getting and staying turned off prematurely
  • - VDOUnlocker preventing start of ABM
  • - SI attacking survivors at start of round
  • - Human SI in non-competitive modes randomly changing classes or position
  • - Server start errors if using VScript Director Options Unlocker

Changed
  • - Cleaned up extraneous code
  • - If humans ever go to SI in non-competitive mode, waves will stay on (based on abm_spawninterval)

Removed
  • - abm_extraplayers cvar (use abm_minplayers directly)

If during my visits to my own server I witness no outstanding bugs and no reports are made against 1.97h, this will most likely be 1.98. Let's hope it's all good. Thank you for any feedback
Attached Files
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (46.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 94 views - 103.3 KB)
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2017 , 17:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #359

This sounds tempting. I guess I'll update to 1.98.

Btw, on 1.96 I recently experienced a bug when using ABM on a local server. Basically every time I load a map, one of the extra bots is named (X)ABMClientX (i.e. (3)ABMClient3 and it sometimes changes names to match the character model it has (i.e. (3)ABMClient3 to Rochelle). The client then goes AFK and I just see on the score tab: "Spectator: (3)ABMClient3".

Again, this is a recent bug I experienced as I've never encountered this scenario before on both local and dedicated servers.
Old 12-30-2017 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
This sounds tempting. I guess I'll update to 1.98.

Btw, on 1.96 I recently experienced a bug when using ABM on a local server. Basically every time I load a map, one of the extra bots is named (X)ABMClientX (i.e. (3)ABMClient3 and it sometimes changes names to match the character model it has (i.e. (3)ABMClient3 to Rochelle). The client then goes AFK and I just see on the score tab: "Spectator: (3)ABMClient3".

Again, this is a recent bug I experienced as I've never encountered this scenario before on both local and dedicated servers.
I think this is fixed. I appreciate any help on testing. But if you don't want to, I understand