Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

What are the FCVAR's server_can_execute and clientdll used for?

Post New Thread Reply   

TheEditor
Old 02-10-2018 , 17:05   What are the FCVAR's server_can_execute and clientdll used for?
Reply With Quote #1

I was browsing around the Valve developer wik, specifically https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...he_FCVAR_flags, looking for descriptions for what each of the FCVAR's do, but I couldn't to seem to find anything about server_can_execute and cliendll. I tried doing some quick Google searches but only got sourcecode pastes and some other coding discussions but, none of them described what the flags meant. Does anyone know what they do, or know of a list of the uses for all of the flags?
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2018 , 21:33   Re: What are the FCVAR's server_can_execute and clientdll used for?
Reply With Quote #2

SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE is a special flag for commands. The meaning of this that any client command marked with this flag (command created inside the user's client) can be freely executed remotely by the game server without the user's consent.

CLIENTDLL - I have no idea, but an educated guess suggests it's used to mark client cvars/commands.

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-10-2018 at 21:34.
TheEditor
Old 02-10-2018 , 21:54   Re: What are the FCVAR's server_can_execute and clientdll used for?
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the information! I did a quick "findflags" for clientdll, and it does seem to mark client convars.