[L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded

Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2012 , 14:07   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollhater View Post
Yeppur, I have o bound to fortspawner's save command. f3 is bound to iammo (sometimes the team you play with is really that bad in coop lol). I guess 3 or 4 peeps saying this is a bad idea sounds like idle gossip and balderdash to you Marcus. The .sp has this plugin's menu command still bound to f3. Shame shame. Will have to remove and compile myself, I guess. Most folks have no idea how to do that, however. Do you really think with a simple menu based plugin like this server owners should have to learn how to compile? I don't think they should. Also, I concur with disawar that the bind command in a plugin doesn't work in L4D2, but I am removing it anyway.
Bind is removed, if you look in the code:

//

This comments out the code. SO nothing will be binded.
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2012 , 02:05   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #12

1. I wanted to comment on how terrific your first post's layout is. Clear and concise, something quite rare in terms of fully explaining a plugin's functions in one short setting.

2. I haven't had the chance to implement this yet, but will do so tomorrow and provide some feedback on how players react to it.
Merudo
Old 02-20-2016 , 19:31   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #13

Is there a reason this plugin is not approved?

As a reason for not being approved, it is written "No plugin attached. Author banned". But the plugin is attached, and none of the authors are banned.

Last edited by Merudo; 02-20-2016 at 19:58.
Shadowysn
Old 04-26-2018 , 08:07   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #14

Is it possible to make it so you can spawn Commons and Rushing Commons for just (1) point like in the old Human Director plugin?

Unless it's already implemented, cuz im using a version i downloaded about 1 year ago.
Shadowysn
Old 05-01-2019 , 01:57   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Is there a reason this plugin is not approved?

As a reason for not being approved, it is written "No plugin attached. Author banned". But the plugin is attached, and none of the authors are banned.
It really should be approved if there's an available plugin+source link attached already.
Don't know why this kind of stuff happens.
Heartlex
Old 02-05-2020 , 09:21   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
Reply With Quote #16

I came across this plugin when looking for something like it (figured it'd be a fun thing to try with some friends), and it was in somewhat of a bad state with spawns not working properly, a "Help" menu that did nothing and a visual bug that involved a rapidly-shrinking checkerboard sphere that would constantly spam the console with errors.

I have no experience with Sourcepawn but I figured this may be of help to anyone who may come across this in the future and wants to at least try it or attempt rewriting it to modern syntax and whatnot, so consider this provided as-is with no further support on it.

The changes include:
  • Replaced z_spawn with z_spawn_old to actually make use of the "area" and "auto" types (fixes the spawns ignoring the implemented tracing and distance calculations).
  • Implemented the hidden cVar z_scrimmage_sphere which by default is set to 1 and causes a missing-textured sphere to appear on death as Human Director (starts massive, shrinks down, spams the console with errors). Note that this is currently applied on plugin load, and toggles between 0 and 1 depending on whether there's a Human Director or not, I am personally unsure if this causes issues in any form.
  • Removed the unused "Help" option in the Human Director menu.

In addition, due to limitations imposed by Valve, you are only able to quit from being Human Director back to the survivors team once, with subsequent attempts still leaving you in the Infected team. A player/team switch plugin I tried was not actually able to rectify this problem in coop and would spit call trace errors in the console (most of the testing was done in the coop game modes, did seem to work in versus too). Sphere may still appear on the first time someone becomes Human Director, a remedy to this is simply spawning as any infected. Merudo's MaxSpecials plugin also helps bypassing some of the implementation problems this plugin has, namely trying to spawn SI when you've reached the max amount of specials, resulting in you losing Stress Points while nothing spawns. I've also commented most of the changes I made with the info I came across when researching this.

Hope this is of use to any one who ever attempts to either use this or rewrite it!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_humandirectorreloaded.sp - 272 views - 17.9 KB)

Last edited by Heartlex; 02-05-2020 at 09:45. Reason: Added some more info.