Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Import Banned_User.cfg Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

th3dud3
Old 06-06-2015 , 21:32   Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

New to Sourcebans so apologize in advance if there is already a fix for my issue.

Just setup my server and it is running perfectly, except for one item. Attempted to import my already populated banned_users.cfg and it keeps saying "0 bans have been imported and posted"

This is not true as there are many bans in there from over the years. Interestingly the banned_ip.cfg imported fine without issue.

After doing some research myself I discovered the new Steam ID fix for the web portion. This fix has been applied successfully to my webserver already.

Also have re-downloaded the banned_users/cfg to make sure it was not corrupted.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

th3dud3
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-07-2015 , 00:45   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #2

What SourceBans version did you install, and from where?

What game does the banned_user.cfg come from? Are all the ID's looking like "STEAM_0:1:2345678"?

As you said many bans from over the years - what is the exact size of the file?

Any error in your logs?

Some web hosting companies are (per default) limiting the size of file uploads, and/or the time that your scripts are allowed to process things in. If their limitations are not high enough for your upload and/or the processing of your file, this could be the cause. In a such case, it should post something to your error logs.

We would need much more detailed information (error output, error logs, questions above, etc) if we should be able to help you more than that.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
th3dud3
Old 06-07-2015 , 10:46   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
What SourceBans version did you install, and from where?

What game does the banned_user.cfg come from? Are all the ID's looking like "STEAM_0:1:2345678"?

As you said many bans from over the years - what is the exact size of the file?

Any error in your logs?

Some web hosting companies are (per default) limiting the size of file uploads, and/or the time that your scripts are allowed to process things in. If their limitations are not high enough for your upload and/or the processing of your file, this could be the cause. In a such case, it should post something to your error logs.

We would need much more detailed information (error output, error logs, questions above, etc) if we should be able to help you more than that.
Here are the answers to your questions below.

My Sourcebans version is 1.4.11 and I installed it from AlliedModders.

The banned_user.cfg comes from TF2 and the items inside are in this format. "banid 0 [U:1:00000000]"

The banned_user.cfg is 2.91 KB in size.

After going through the process again, nothing is showing up in the system log on the webpanel. my banned_ip.cfg shows up in the logs, which is strange. My webhosting is unlimited on space and bandwidth if that helps.

Also I am using Chrome as my browser when doing this. Could that be part of the problem?

Last edited by th3dud3; 06-07-2015 at 10:46.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-07-2015 , 15:16   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3dud3 View Post
My Sourcebans version is 1.4.11 and I installed it from AlliedModders.

The banned_user.cfg comes from TF2 and the items inside are in this format. "banid 0 [U:1:00000000]"
The [U:1:0000] format arrived after the initial release of 1.4.11, and the support for these ID's was added later.

Could you try this ZIP from GitHub, which includes the latest changes?

Quote:
After going through the process again, nothing is showing up in the system log on the webpanel. my banned_ip.cfg shows up in the logs, which is strange. My webhosting is unlimited on space and bandwidth if that helps.
Unlimited space and bandwidth has nothing to do with system resources, such as CPU and Memory usage, including the time your script(s) takes to execute.

No matter which provider claims things to be unlimited - they do all have limits (and fair use policies) somewhere.

Quote:
Also I am using Chrome as my browser when doing this. Could that be part of the problem?
The one at SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17) is the initial version of 1.4.11 that doesn't include the latest changes.

My guess would be that your issue would go away simply by upgrading to the version containing the fixes for for the new [U:1:0000] Steam ID's.

Please give it a try and let us know the result.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 06-07-2015 at 15:23.
th3dud3
Old 06-07-2015 , 23:33   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #5

Hello,

I uploaded the files from the .zip you gave me to my webserver. Here is the message I got when running the updater. "Checking current database version... 356 Installation up-to-date."

Is this the correct version? I tried again to import the bans and got the same result.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-08-2015 , 15:15   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
I uploaded the files from the .zip you gave me to my webserver. Here is the message I got when running the updater. "Checking current database version... 356 Installation up-to-date."
Nothing in the database should be different in these two, so that's why it tells you the database is up-to-date.

Quote:
Is this the correct version? I tried again to import the bans and got the same result.
It is the correct (and most updated) version of the official 1.4.x versions.

In order for SourceBans to work properly in-game, you may also need to update the game server plugin from that zip (if you haven't already).

With a closer look, it does look like the fix for [U:1:0000] Steam ID's were only made to the features kicking online players, and not the import feature.

th3dud3
Old 06-08-2015 , 19:55   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
It is the correct (and most updated) version of the official 1.4.x versions.

In order for SourceBans to work properly in-game, you may also need to update the game server plugin from that zip (if you haven't already).

With a closer look, it does look like the fix for [U:1:0000] Steam ID's were only made to the features kicking online players, and not the import feature.
At this point I have not enabled it on my game servers yet. Was waiting to get all my bans imported before doing so.

So looks like at this point there is no fix for importing Steam ID's in the new format. Would that be correct?

Thanks,

th3dud3
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-08-2015 , 20:11   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
So looks like at this point there is no fix for importing Steam ID's in the new format. Would that be correct?
No official fixes it seems. However, I have tried making one for you:

The attached .zip contains a new admin.bans.php which should go into the pages/ directory on your web server. Folder structure is preserved in the zip like it is in the original zip.

Can you try if it works for you with that one?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sb-import-fix.zip (6.5 KB, 180 views)

th3dud3
Old 06-08-2015 , 20:24   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
No official fixes it seems. However, I have tried making one for you:

The attached .zip contains a new admin.bans.php which should go into the pages/ directory on your web server. Folder structure is preserved in the zip like it is in the original zip.

Can you try if it works for you with that one?

You sir are a genius. the bans imported and they are all there.

Thank you so much!
th3dud3
Old 06-08-2015 , 20:33   Re: Import Banned_User.cfg Issue
Reply With Quote #10

Also one more question. It looks like all the imported bans are showing the old ID format. Will these users still be banned once I switch over?

Thanks,

th3dud3