Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MOTD not Showing

Post New Thread Reply   

Munra
Old 05-27-2004 , 10:46   MOTD not Showing
Reply With Quote #1

When I was Running AMX wE PLAYERs connected it would show the motd which I have the server rules. With Amxx I can not get the rules to SHow. Just info about Amxx

Code:
[  1] Admin Base         0.16     AMXX Dev Team     admin.amx        running  
          [  2] Admin Commands     0.16     AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amx     running  
          [  3] Admin Help         0.16     AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amx    running  
          [  4] Slots Reservation  0.16     AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amx   running  
          [  5] Menus Front-End    0.16     AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amx    running  
          [  6] Commands Menu      0.16     AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amx      running  
          [  7] Players Menu       0.16     AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amx       running  
          [  8] Maps Menu          0.16     AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amx     running  
          [  9] Anti Flood         0.16     AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amx    running  
          [ 10] Admin Chat         0.16     AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amx    running  
          [ 11] Admin Votes        0.16     AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amx    running  
          [ 12] NextMap            0.16     AMXX Dev Team     nextmap.amx      running  
          [ 13] TimeLeft           0.16     AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amx     running  
          [ 14] Nextmap Chooser    0.16     AMXX Dev Team     mapchooser.amx   running  
          [ 15] Info. Messages     0.16     AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amx     running  
          [ 16] Welcome Message    0.16     AMXX Dev Team     welcomemsg.amx   running  
          [ 17] Pause Plugins      0.16     AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amx     running  
          [ 18] DoD AFK Kicker     0.9.4    Fractal           dod_anti_afk.am  running  
         18 plugins, 18 running
These are the plugins I have running
Can some one help or point me to the answer

Munra
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2004 , 11:01  
Reply With Quote #2

I belive the welcome message plugin pops a MOTD box up on connect because the console is no longer visible in steam. Try disabling that plugin and see if it fixes the issue.
Old 05-27-2004 , 11:12  
Reply With Quote #3

I did turn the plugin off But now I get no MOTD box at all

umm Which motd.txt should I use and where should it be
in amx I edit the one it the cs/dod root dir and it work

And other ideas

Munra
Munra
Old 05-27-2004 , 11:20  
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
 format(g_motdFile, 63, "%s/conmotd.txt", g_motdFile);
I was This in the sma file Does this mean it is reading form the conmotd.txt?

Nope that didn't work All I got was Stuff about the server
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2004 , 11:30  
Reply With Quote #5

if you have the welcome emssage plugin enabled it will read form the conmotd.txt and append it to the bottom of the amx welcome message.

if you disable that plugin the server itself reads from the motd.txt in the root of the mod folder and should display it at player connect. The server needs to be restarted for it to reread the motd.txt (or map changed)
Old 05-27-2004 , 11:46  
Reply With Quote #6

Yes I saw that now But it only shows half of it> is that becuase of te Html I am useing in it?
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2004 , 14:31  
Reply With Quote #7

yeah it has a limit on the characters.

The solution is to make your motd.txt just a url

Code:
http://www.blah.com/mymotd.html
like that, nothing else in the file.

then at that URL you put a html file you want as your MOTD.

tricky part if the scrollbars get all screwed up if its longer then one page legnth. I found a little trick to make them work though

make all your html header code ONE Line.

remove all the useless crap.....

for example mine is like this

Code:
<html><head><style type="text/css">a:link,a:active,a:visited{color: #FF8C00;text-decoration: none;} a:hover{color: #0077B5;} body{background-color: #002C42; color: #E7E7E7; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .bigtext {font-size: 18px;font-weight: bold;} .medtext {font-size: 16px;}</style></head><body>
that is ALL on one line.

I do the same with the closing tags

Code:
</body></html>
in between you can put any hmtl you want

blocks and w/e
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2004 , 17:13  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
yeah it has a limit on the characters.

The solution is to make your motd.txt just a url

Code:
http://www.blah.com/mymotd.html
like that, nothing else in the file.

then at that URL you put a html file you want as your MOTD.

tricky part if the scrollbars get all screwed up if its longer then one page legnth. I found a little trick to make them work though

make all your html header code ONE Line.

remove all the useless crap.....

for example mine is like this

Code:
<html><head><style type="text/css">a:link,a:active,a:visited{color: #FF8C00;text-decoration: none;} a:hover{color: #0077B5;} body{background-color: #002C42; color: #E7E7E7; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .bigtext {font-size: 18px;font-weight: bold;} .medtext {font-size: 16px;}</style></head><body>
that is ALL on one line.

I do the same with the closing tags

Code:
</body></html>
in between you can put any hmtl you want

blocks and w/e
If the html headers are causing scrolling.. something is seriously fscked up
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2004 , 18:10  
Reply With Quote #9

yeah.... with steam.

its a weird glitch.

You know the steam MOTD box scroll bars? the brownish ones, well without doing that trick they appear but thewy wont scroll the page down at all. Sometimes the normal IE scrollbars appear also but thyey are glitchy in steam and hard to move.

If you do that trick I found the steam MOTD scrollbars appear and work as they are supposed to..... don't ask why, I know it works though. I was messing with shit for a week trying to get it to work right.