Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)

Post New Thread Reply   

PauliusBa
Old 02-16-2009 , 19:25   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #101

Sometimes it assigns frags, etc to newly joined people!
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-17-2009 , 08:33   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #102

Are you running a no-steam server?

PauliusBa
Old 02-17-2009 , 08:50   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #103

No, it's steamed, but in lan mode because it's our university's internal LAN server.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-17-2009 , 10:59   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #104

Then this is the problem.
Reconnect features searches for the steam-id. As this is allways steam_id_lan it thinks it is the same player.

PauliusBa
Old 02-18-2009 , 04:32   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Then this is the problem.
Reconnect features searches for the steam-id. As this is allways steam_id_lan it thinks it is the same player.
Then it's a plugin problem. How come [ATAC] restores players' TeamKill status properly?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-18-2009 , 06:10   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #106

ATAC (can) work with IP, reconnect features does not have this feature as it is designed to work with STEAM on internet servers, not in LAN

PauliusBa
Old 02-18-2009 , 10:22   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
ATAC (can) work with IP, reconnect features does not have this feature as it is designed to work with STEAM on internet servers, not in LAN
I have a problem with 4 servers and u say do go away, "we" will not help, because something isn't compatible that way. It's a developers' community, everything can be done. Especially when it's clearly not that hard to add a cvar like all normal plugins do (STEAM_ID vs IP).

Meanwhile the only workaround I can think of is turn sv_lan to 0 and add some sort of IP filter, because we don't want to let any people from internet into the servers.
On my public server, though, it works fine.
alekoooooo
Old 02-18-2009 , 11:24   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #108

Does this plugin works with No-Steam ??
Old 02-18-2009 , 11:45   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
I have a problem with 4 servers and u say do go away, "we" will not help, because something isn't compatible that way. It's a developers' community, everything can be done. Especially when it's clearly not that hard to add a cvar like all normal plugins do (STEAM_ID vs IP).

Meanwhile the only workaround I can think of is turn sv_lan to 0 and add some sort of IP filter, because we don't want to let any people from internet into the servers.
On my public server, though, it works fine.
I did not create this plugin, i can only say you how it works currently. It is the authors decision to change this, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekoooooo View Post
Does this plugin works with No-Steam ??
No!

ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2009 , 12:21   Re: Reconnect Features 0.2. (08/08/12) (no reconnect, no retry alternatives)
Reply With Quote #110

Just because i don't want this plugin to support no-steam, i wont rewrite it with the ip feature (i also have to admit that i'm a bit lazy to do it), plus i don't see the purpose on runing this on a LAN server.

- my plugins -