Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] HardCore Mode

Post New Thread Reply   

SkaP
Old 12-28-2009 , 06:30   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #11

I like the plugin but I am with the others for adding cvars. The reason is I want to add your plugin(medkits and defibs except the saferoom ones suck) but I don't like the idea of a Tank and Witch each level. Not because of the difficulty of it but because I still like letting the AI director dictate the pace of the match. If you know a Tank will spawn each map then people will start hoarding items and weapons for when it shows up and that ruins the flow of the game. A Tank should be a surprise to the team going first, never an advantage.
jackpf
Old 12-28-2009 , 07:38   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #12

Ok ok...I've been persuaded

I'll have a go at using cvars instead...but first I need to fix some of the bugs, since I think that's more important.

I've posted a thread with some details here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...44#post1033744

If any of you guys would be willing to help me, that'd be awesome.
Old 12-28-2009 , 13:48   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpf View Post

You know, I'm not actually sure, I'll test it (don't think I've played hard rain with this plugin yet). I think Valve must have hardcoded no tanks into some of the shorter maps, which is annoying. I suppose I could try and trigger a tank spawn at a certain point in the map if one hasn't all ready spawned.

that's correct, map 4 on hard rain has no tank spawn spots coded in. that's why i specifically asked about that map. the only way to get one is using z_spawn i guess.

will keep your mod on the radar
jackpf
Old 12-28-2009 , 16:01   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #14

Yeah, I tested it today and, lo and behold, no tank.

I'm not really sure how I would trigger a tank spawn at a given time, only if there has not all ready been one, and be exactly the same for both teams.

If anyone has any ideas... o.0
Old 12-28-2009 , 17:24   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #15

yep someone needs to write an email to chet to at least give people the option of selecting tanks. i mean every map in l4d 1 had tank spots coded in. EVERY SINGLE ONE. and now they make the easiest maps, even easier, boggles the mind that they fixed so much, yet forgot such a simple thing.
jackpf
Old 12-28-2009 , 17:50   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #16

L4D2 maps suck dick. The amount of invisible walls just infuriates me.
Old 12-28-2009 , 20:45   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #17

Great first plugin!
Old 12-28-2009 , 20:56   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #18

I would like a variation of Mode 1, with everything the same except keeping the starting 4 health kits.
SkaP
Old 12-28-2009 , 21:28   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
yep someone needs to write an email to chet to at least give people the option of selecting tanks. i mean every map in l4d 1 had tank spots coded in. EVERY SINGLE ONE. and now they make the easiest maps, even easier, boggles the mind that they fixed so much, yet forgot such a simple thing.
I think that has to do with Dead Center 1. I think they made that map to show everyone that they changed things, that the game was diffident, with no main weapon at the start and all the new melee weapons(that everyone already played with in the demo). Because of this Dead Center 1 can't have a Tank it would be way to hard if you ran into one before the elevator(no main, no where to run, instant deaths) and that caused them to start making more maps like this.
Zverina
Old 12-29-2009 , 04:12   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #20

one idea for this i know would be good, would be only a single incap instead of 3, if it isnt already in, makes people more aware of their surroundings and not mess around