Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?

Post New Thread Reply   

dungeon
Old 07-25-2016 , 07:33   Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #1

I picked up 4 keys, one for me, 1 for 2 friends and a spare which I am willing to donate to the SM team if it will mean you guys can get a head start of getting SM working on DOI before it releases on the 28th.

If interested just PM me and I will send you the key
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-25-2016 , 09:36   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #2

I was given access a couple of weeks ago and replied in your other thread.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284240

It's mostly working as-is, just detecting the game as Insurgency. Gamedata for features that require it will come when it's a bit more convenient to do so.

I believe that one of the other SM devs, KyleS, was also looking to get a key if possible though.

Edit: looks like there are Mac bins now, so gamedata will be relatively easy to generate. I'll look into that later today. We also may later spin off a new SDK from the Insurgency one, for if/when the game's engines get out of sync, but it won't effect normal SM operation when we make that transition.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-25-2016 at 09:52.
dungeon
Old 07-25-2016 , 11:15   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I was given access a couple of weeks ago and replied in your other thread.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284240

It's mostly working as-is, just detecting the game as Insurgency. Gamedata for features that require it will come when it's a bit more convenient to do so.

I believe that one of the other SM devs, KyleS, was also looking to get a key if possible though.

Edit: looks like there are Mac bins now, so gamedata will be relatively easy to generate. I'll look into that later today. We also may later spin off a new SDK from the Insurgency one, for if/when the game's engines get out of sync, but it won't effect normal SM operation when we make that transition.
Excellent, looking forward to the 28th now. NWI don't seem to want us creating dedis for the Alpha but I'm hopeful that I can have my server up and operational on launch day

Also sent KyleS a key.

Did I hear somewhere that they're remaking Insurgency on Unreal Engine and dropping source?

Last edited by dungeon; 07-25-2016 at 11:17.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-25-2016 , 12:56   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeon View Post
Excellent, looking forward to the 28th now. NWI don't seem to want us creating dedis for the Alpha but I'm hopeful that I can have my server up and operational on launch day
I missed them saying that, but there doesn't seem to be any technical barrier to doing so (or wasn't when I last checked). All that was missing was srcds.exe, and Insurgency's worked fine.

Quote:
Did I hear somewhere that they're remaking Insurgency on Unreal Engine and dropping source?
Yes, in time. The Source games will still exist, but there will eventually be a new game in the Insurgency franchise on UE.
dungeon
Old 07-25-2016 , 14:04   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
I missed them saying that, but there doesn't seem to be any technical barrier to doing so (or wasn't when I last checked). All that was missing was srcds.exe, and Insurgency's worked fine.
They didnt, that's the thing. I've directly asked them 3 times if it's possible and how to do it and they've ignored me every time despite them answering other questions in the same thread. I based my assumption on they're ignorance.
dungeon
Old 07-26-2016 , 06:14   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #6

@psychonic I've got a server up and running, got SM and MM installed (using latest dev build on both) and it appears to be working fine but when I try and access the admin menu nothing happens, no menu shows and no error is appended to console?

Got any ideas please.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-26-2016 , 07:29   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
@psychonic I've got a server up and running, got SM and MM installed (using latest dev build on both) and it appears to be working fine but when I try and access the admin menu nothing happens, no menu shows and no error is appended to console?

Got any ideas please.
A small piece of gamedata is required to tell it that the game supports radio menus. The default case is to fall back to the old "ESC menus", but newer games don't support those.

I'll have a gamedata update pushed today to make the menu display and to fix the SDKTools and SDKHooks functionality that relies on gamedata.
dungeon
Old 07-26-2016 , 07:48   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
A small piece of gamedata is required to tell it that the game supports radio menus. The default case is to fall back to the old "ESC menus", but newer games don't support those.

I'll have a gamedata update pushed today to make the menu display and to fix the SDKTools and SDKHooks functionality that relies on gamedata.
Excellent stuff, I'll eagerly await the commit then. Thanks for being on top of this one, I'm very excited by this game
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-26-2016 , 08:31   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #9

This has now been pushed.

The builds may still be running, but the gamedata updater should grab it on server start (and then will take effect after a server restart).
dungeon
Old 07-26-2016 , 09:09   Re: Do the SM devs want an Aplha Key for Day Of Infamy?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
This has now been pushed.

The builds may still be running, but the gamedata updater should grab it on server start (and then will take effect after a server restart).
Testing right now

Last edited by dungeon; 07-26-2016 at 09:27.