Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1/2] Project Realism (scripters letz merge)

Post New Thread Reply   

uriel18
Old 12-26-2010 , 06:20   Re: [L4D1/2] Project Realism (scripters letz merge)
Reply With Quote #11

I respect confogl and realism, and more realism.

But why not when something hit the survivors, they insta-die? no matter what. And you have only insults to fight against infecteds...

Oh man, I can understand you find the game easy and want more challenging. But this is crazy, I think confogl is enough customizable to make a real challenge, but this is simply a real ass pain to survivors.

And you donīt offer any change to infected?

Really I donīt know why people only enjoy playing as infected and crushing the survivors...

Donīt forget is an "arcade" game, and you have realism and confogl for more "serious" matches.

But if you want an impossible madness match try to play dr.jekyll in nes...

Last edited by uriel18; 12-26-2010 at 06:25.
Swixel
Old 12-26-2010 , 06:21   Re: [L4D1/2] Project Realism (scripters letz merge)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayXsane View Post
I want to go on record that Project Realism is a copyrighted/Đ name under my group Achievement Reaper and my clan Reapers Gale. I actually paid for the name.
Ignoring the interesting interpretation of the word "copyright", we'll go with what I can remember off the top of my head ...

Company of Heroes has a modification called "Project Realism", so does ARMA II. While I'm not sure when ARMA II came out, I do know that COH's "Project Realism" predates the original Left4Dead. I believe there are also "Project Realisms" for SPORE, BF2, the original BF, Age of Empires III, Halo, and an article from the 1970s using the same title (or subtitle, if you prefer to parse it that way). (Okay, I googled it, but I remembered the Nixon article, because I enjoy history.)

Now, I am not a lawyer, but if you are talking about making a trade mark (usually written "trademark"), it cannot be registered if it does not distinguish your work from others (at least so it applies in Australia, and others countries with similar common law -- namely the US, and the UK). In this case, "Project Realism", because there are previous works using the name (i.e. the COH work, at least, and no doubt a dozen others), it would not distinguish it, because it is the same name -- it would not distinguish it from the previous works, but rather suggest that you are building on them, working with them, or ran the previous projects.

Unless you registered it in your country as a trade mark, and it has been accepted (in which case the information will be made available to the public), I cannot see how or where you paid for it. If it has been accepted, could you please show us the public information so we can refrain from using it?

tl;dr: "pics or lies"/"proveit" and "unlikely"

Last edited by Swixel; 12-26-2010 at 06:25. Reason: I stand corrected, it was AOE 3
uriel18
Old 12-26-2010 , 06:35   Re: [L4D1/2] Project Realism (scripters letz merge)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swixel View Post
Ignoring the interesting interpretation of the word "copyright", we'll go with what I can remember off the top of my head ...

Company of Heroes has a modification called "Project Realism", so does ARMA II. While I'm not sure when ARMA II came out, I do know that COH's "Project Realism" predates the original Left4Dead. I believe there are also "Project Realisms" for SPORE, BF2, the original BF, Age of Empires III, Halo, and an article from the 1970s using the same title (or subtitle, if you prefer to parse it that way). (Okay, I googled it, but I remembered the Nixon article, because I enjoy history.)

Now, I am not a lawyer, but if you are talking about making a trade mark (usually written "trademark"), it cannot be registered if it does not distinguish your work from others (at least so it applies in Australia, and others countries with similar common law -- namely the US, and the UK). In this case, "Project Realism", because there are previous works using the name (i.e. the COH work, at least, and no doubt a dozen others), it would not distinguish it, because it is the same name -- it would not distinguish it from the previous works, but rather suggest that you are building on them, working with them, or ran the previous projects.

Unless you registered it in your country as a trade mark, and it has been accepted (in which case the information will be made available to the public), I cannot see how or where you paid for it. If it has been accepted, could you please show us the public information so we can refrain from using it?

tl;dr: "pics or lies"/"proveit" and "unlikely"
Wow!! this post has been converted to a interesting case of laws

I know the right man to handle this:

Old 12-26-2010 , 07:14   Re: [L4D1/2] Project Realism (scripters letz merge)
Reply With Quote #14

Go play Killing Floor (shitty and unfunny game, but has everything OP posted), L4D vanilla is good as it is.

And about copyright laws: Well if someone will make a game or movie or book called "Project Realism", I bet they can trademark it. Don't forget the difference between registered trademark (Ū) and unregistered one (™). Technically, only registered trademarks give the opportunity to sue for trademark infringement. So yeah, use Project Realism whenever you wish until someone will register it as trademark.