Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

captchaossega
Old 11-17-2010 , 11:31   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #841

Can only select the L4D2 survivors, am I missing something? I installed everything correctly (i believe) but when I type !CSM in the chat, it only allows the L42 cast. Do I need to modify a script file or download a L4D1 survivor pack, I thought they were already available due to the The Passing & The Sacrifice. Any help to get it working so I can have all 8 would be appriciated. Thanks.

Capt C.

P.S. Does it only work in certain game modes?
uriel18
Old 11-17-2010 , 15:45   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaossega View Post
Can only select the L4D2 survivors, am I missing something? I installed everything correctly (i believe) but when I type !CSM in the chat, it only allows the L42 cast. Do I need to modify a script file or download a L4D1 survivor pack, I thought they were already available due to the The Passing & The Sacrifice. Any help to get it working so I can have all 8 would be appriciated. Thanks.

Capt C.

P.S. Does it only work in certain game modes?
In l4dcsm.cfg ensure you have this:

l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors "1"

In the sacrifice and nomercy2 you only can have models/skins.
Old 11-17-2010 , 16:29   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #843

Ok, part 1 solved. Thanks uriel18.

Now for part 2:
can I sommon NPC bots of them after usingthe warp to map-to-enable-cheats mode? This way I can kick Nick and Rochelle, and add Zoey and Louis. (Or change to either Zoey or Louis and add Ellis or Coach)

As a matter of fact, how do you bring back a survivor after you use the kick command? Been wondering that too.

My dream team = Zoey, Coach, Louis, Ellis.

Is it possible via a command or debug code I'm not aware of?

Capt C.
uriel18
Old 11-18-2010 , 11:24   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #844

Quote:
Ok, part 1 solved. Thanks uriel18.

Now for part 2:
can I sommon NPC bots of them after usingthe warp to map-to-enable-cheats mode? This way I can kick Nick and Rochelle, and add Zoey and Louis. (Or change to either Zoey or Louis and add Ellis or Coach)

As a matter of fact, how do you bring back a survivor after you use the kick command? Been wondering that too.

My dream team = Zoey, Coach, Louis, Ellis.

Is it possible via a command or debug code I'm not aware of?

Capt C.
If yoy only are trying to have 4 custom survivors my recommendations go to 2 possibles methods more easy than kicking and adding bots:

-First way: Simply download a vpk that replaces for example nick for louis and other replacing rochelle by zoey.

-Second way: Via CSM use the new command !csc to change every survivor to who you want. For example changing rochelle to zoey.

The first method is more easy and you donīt need 8 survivors plugin and neither one.

Anyway, letting behind Francis.....mmmmphhhmm...man you have very rare tastes.....
Old 11-19-2010 , 07:16   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #845

I use the !csm command to change my current character, but when I take control of another character to change them, everyone is switched back to the L4d 2 cast. Example, I take control of Rochelle and switch her to zoey, but when I switch control to Nick to change him to louis, zoey reverts back to rochelle.

Any vpk files that specifically switch nick-louis or rochelle zoey? If not, what are good vpk editing programs?

Also I notice every time a new map starts, it automatically resets me to Nick. wassupwitdat?

I still don't know what the commands are to add extra survivor bots for a 5 or more plus team. (Like adding Zeoy to join the 4 l4d2 gang or have all 8 in a huge squad.) What are the survivor summon codes as oppsed to the zombie spawn codes. Are they the same z_summon or different?

Oh and regarding Francis, he was my choice for the sacrifice. Didn't want to kill Bill, and Zoey and Louis are 2 of my favs with Coach and Ellis. I do like some of Francis's dialog though, especially with the dude in the church in Death Toll.

"I'm Francis, this is Uncle Bill...and there's a buch of freaking zombies, open the damn door!"

or

"Are you infected?"

"No, where cops."

Funny stuff.

Capt C.
SyluxLockjaw100
Old 11-20-2010 , 16:03   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #846

Quote:
I use the !csm command to change my current character, but when I take control of another character to change them, everyone is switched back to the L4d 2 cast. Example, I take control of Rochelle and switch her to zoey, but when I switch control to Nick to change him to louis, zoey reverts back to rochelle.

Any vpk files that specifically switch nick-louis or rochelle zoey? If not, what are good vpk editing programs?

Also I notice every time a new map starts, it automatically resets me to Nick. wassupwitdat?

I still don't know what the commands are to add extra survivor bots for a 5 or more plus team. (Like adding Zeoy to join the 4 l4d2 gang or have all 8 in a huge squad.) What are the survivor summon codes as oppsed to the zombie spawn codes. Are they the same z_summon or different?

Oh and regarding Francis, he was my choice for the sacrifice. Didn't want to kill Bill, and Zoey and Louis are 2 of my favs with Coach and Ellis. I do like some of Francis's dialog though, especially with the dude in the church in Death Toll.

"I'm Francis, this is Uncle Bill...and there's a buch of freaking zombies, open the damn door!"

or

"Are you infected?"

"No, where cops."

Funny stuff.

Capt C.
No offence,but it's really dumb that you sacrificed Francis,I'd would sacrifice those 3 others. Louis and Ellis was my most hated survivors.

We all like Francis,but not you.

BOOOOO

Last edited by SyluxLockjaw100; 11-20-2010 at 16:08.
captchaossega
Old 11-21-2010 , 16:47   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #847

I still haven't received any answers for how to summon extra 4 NPC survivors like the picture on the front of the thread, or why whenever I take control of a character, the others revert back to l4D2 characters.
uriel18
Old 11-21-2010 , 17:02   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #848

Quote:

or

"Are you infected?"

"No, where cops."

Funny stuff.

Capt C.
You donīt need to take control of the bot to change it.

I told you to use !csc instead of !csm. !CSC change a client, and !csm change yourself.

Thatīs the way.

And yes, itīs normal that a player that left free a bot, the bot reverts to a l4d2 character. In this mod and in all other mods.

For that, use !csc.

To spawn more bots:
Man, has been told around 10000000 times. Go to left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod

locate the l4d_superversus.cfg

Edit it with notepad and set this command to whatever you want:
l4d_survivor_limit "8"

Respect to Francis:

My favourite character is Zoey, but I have to admit that Francis is the heart of the group. All goes around him. Itīs the jokes, itīs the cool, itīs the powerfull, itīs simply the best.

And almost in my localiced content, he has the same voice that Vin diesel. So he has an aura of power around him

Last edited by uriel18; 11-21-2010 at 17:09.
DarKzZ0228
Old 11-23-2010 , 07:43   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #849

The l4d2 survivors change to l4d1 Except Bill why?
uriel18
Old 11-23-2010 , 16:53   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKzZ0228 View Post
The l4d2 survivors change to l4d1 Except Bill why?
read the thread. Billīs questions are not going to be answered more.