Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING

Post New Thread Reply   

Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 06-12-2007 , 04:23   Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, I know I originally said this thread would be w/ pictures...but frankly I'm too lazy to take meaningless pictures of text files. That said, follow each part step by step and we should be fine. If something isn't clear, please make it known so that I can tweak the post.

Also, as of the time of this posting, I don't have the bugfixed UAIO 1.51a up. Please bear with me. All of the instructions are the same, and most of the install issues will hopefully be resolved since some people cant read greater than/less than signs.

Also, please note that in order to run UAIO you must be running Counter-Strike AND have the cstrike packages installed for AMXX. If you haven't taken care of that yet, then stop reading this guide and install the packages for cstrike.

Remember everyone, this isn't rocket science. Its actually quite simple when you get right down to it. That being said, here we go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide will be using AMXX 1.76d on a DEDICATED SERVER. The install process for a LAN server is pretty much the same until you get to the point of adding admins.

STEP 1 - Download The Uaio Release v1.51a Zip File

STEP 2 - Unzip The Folder to your Hard Drive! Desktop normally works best.

DON'T EXTRACT IT TO YOUR OWN CSTRIKE FOLDER IN YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY UNLESS YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR A LOCAL SERVER!!

STEP 3 - Open Your FTP Browser and go to your Server's AMXX Directory!

STEP 4 - Click and drag BOTH the "addons' folder (its inside the cstrike folder in the .zip) AND the uaio_config.cfg file and drop them into the cstrike folder on your server.

STEP 5 - Configure UAIO:

This seems to be the part that everyone gets tripped up on. It's really quite simple if you just take your time. I will walk you through it now.

5a) Open your server.cfg inside of \cstrike\ and add the following line at the bottom:
Code:
//load UAIO
exec uaio_config.cfg
5b) Open uaio_config.cfg and configure your cvars!
Set everything up according to your personal preference. As for me, I prefer to turn a few things off like showing who issued what command and the like.

5c) Configure Your Admins
This is the area where EVERYONE seems to be getting tripped up. It's really quite simple when you get down to it.

For a DEDICATED WEB SERVER DO THE FOLLOWING:

I) Open uaio_admins.ini inside of \amxmodx\configs\uaio\uaio_admins.ini

II) Scroll Down to this line and insert your SteamID WITHOUT THE STEAM_0:0: Portion. When finished it, should look like the following:

Code:
admin "123456" "grp_vote_typeS grp_good_typeS grp_evil_typeS grp_misc_typeS"
PLEASE NOTE That this step is IMPERATIVE in order to run UAIO. Just because you have admin in the users.ini for amxx DOES NOT MEAN you have admin for UAIO. The opposite also applies. When removing an admin make sure to remove both their users.ini and uaio_admins.ini lines. Contrary to what the readme says, you can have UAIO access and not have AMXX access (I have come across this in my own server).

Please note that IP Addresses can also be used, but don't include the port when adding admins.

III) If adding more admins use the exact same method. If you want your admins to have different group access, change their group accesses. This can be done by modifying the back end (the circled part) and inserting the group level you want your other admins to have. Each admin must have all four groups, even if they are all different access levels.
An example of this is follows:

You cannot have the following in your uaio_users.ini
Code:
admin "123456" "grp_good_typeB"
ALL of your admin lines must have all four groups listed. So if you wanted admin 123456 to have only group B for the good commands, your line would look as follows:
Code:
admin "123456" "grp_vote_public grp_good_typeB grp_evil_public grp_misc_public"
If you are wondering what groups give what command access, open up uaio_groups.ini (more on this later).

IV) "DEFAULT" ADMIN SHOULD NEVER BE REMOVED. This is for the other players in the server.

For a LAN SERVER:

DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. YOU ALREADY HAVE ADMIN INSIDE OF THE LOOPBACK AND 127.0.0.1 LINES.

That will get UAIO setup on your server. Just change the map or restart your server and you should be good to go. Use uaio_menu OR uaio_help in console to look at the list of available commands.

OPTIONS FOR CONFIGURING UAIO GROUPS:

STEP 1 - Open \amxmodx\configs\uaio\uaio_groups.ini

STEP 2 - Configure Groups

Ok, this is pretty simple if you just look at it, but for the sake of completeness, I'm going to explain this.

To configure what each group has access to in UAIO, all you need to do is change the flags inside if these lines:
Code:
group       "grp_vote_typeS"       "vote"       "abcdefghijklmnopqr"
Each one of the "abcdefgh..." corresponds to a different command inside of the vote command subset. Now, I know what you're thinking. "But Roach, what command do each of those letters correspond to?"

Open up Command Flags Help.txt inside of the same folder you are in! Inside of this file you can see what each character corresponds to. Adjust to your liking for each group. Make SURE you also change the group access for your admins if you are using this tool since not all admins have the maturity to handle the typeS commands. In the end your admins might have a line similar to this:

Code:
admin "123456" "grp_vote_typeB grp_good_typeB grp_evil_typeA grp_misc_public
Any major questions or problems you run into using this guide please let me know, as I wrote this quite early in the morning and I'm sure I made SOME kind of mistake or made something not incredibly clear.

Happy Fragging!
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-12-2007 , 08:27   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #2

Woo! Now if anyone is moderating these forum, this should be stickied.
Old 06-12-2007 , 10:43   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #3

I think u shouold use the Uaio Admin Manager to add Admins. You can do it ingame, and it s a lot less complicated. MUCH easier.
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 06-12-2007 , 15:18   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #4

Admin manager only adds the admins, this allows you to adjust their flags. BIG difference.
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
SNIPERMASTER
Old 06-12-2007 , 21:51   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #5

You can adjust their flags with it to. Same thing. You choose their group type.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-12-2007 , 23:46   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #6

You can't adjust already added admins...
Old 06-13-2007 , 17:27   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #7

I didn't say adjust already added ones. But actually, you can. Just read the Access groups they give you. When I'm not too lazy, I'll provide some screen shots to show you what I mean.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-18-2007 , 23:06   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #8

W00t! Stickied. ^^
Old 04-14-2008 , 23:45   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #9

admin "16246819" "grp_vote_typeS grp_good_typeS grp_evil_typeS grp_misc_typeS"
admin "16246819" "grp_vote_typeB grp_good_typeB grp_evil_typeA grp_misc_public

Um, how do I enable it so I have access to everything?
Because right now when i open up UAIO menu, everything is disabled.
I know it has to do with the flags, otherwise it won't open up the menu to start with, correct?
I'm the master admin so to speak, so I wish to have access to everything.
From that starting point I can modify it accordingly to suit the other admin rights.

And I believe one of those lines aren't necessary correct?
chris
Old 04-15-2008 , 20:38   Re: Instructions on Installing UAIO -- READ ME FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING
Reply With Quote #10

Delete this line
Code:
admin "16246819" "grp_vote_typeB grp_good_typeB grp_evil_typeA grp_misc_public
Keep this line
Code:
admin "16246819" "grp_vote_typeS grp_good_typeS grp_evil_typeS grp_misc_typeS"