Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)

Post New Thread Reply   

SNIPERMASTER
Old 07-22-2009 , 19:48   Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #1

Well, I'm surprised personally that I haven't been able to figure this out. The answer could be totally obvious and I may just be missing it, but I digress. Anywho, here's the scoop:

I'm working on my clan's server, setting up fast downloads. The host I used is counter-strike.com Premium Web hosting thingy. So, I used that, uploaded all of my maps, models, sounds, sprites, etc Well, I can tell you that the maps all download at MUCH faster speeds. From a 7 minute download to a 13 second download.

Everything seems good right? NO, not for poor ole SnIpEr.

We installed the Predator Mode

(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=175993)

and as some of you may know, the models can take awhile to download. Right now, they are uploaded onto the webspace (fozclan.com/cstrike)

and are connected to the server:

sv_downloadurl "http://fozclan.com/cstrike"
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1

So what could I be doing wrong? Is there something I should be doing with the file properties or what? I've tested it several times, and the predator models still take 2-6 minutes to download, depending on the model.

Infinite thanks to anyone who can help me, and if the system still exists, +karma
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2009 , 20:23   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue?
Reply With Quote #2

The files aren't there where they should be. I tested it by opening http://fozclan.com/cstrike/models/pl.../predator1.mdl in my browser, and I'm getting a 404 (document not found).

So, verify the file and folder structure, stick with the layout of the .rar archive (copy the content in /cstrike of the archive into your own /cstrike folder without changing anything) and you should be alright.
Old 07-22-2009 , 20:35   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue?
Reply With Quote #3

Hmm, indeed you are right sir. I checked it with the maps and they all work. When I look in my ftp though, the predator models are still there and they are the right size, so I know they weren't like, partially uploaded or something. Now I'm on the right track, I'm just not sure how to solve this. I've tried re-uploading the models before, so I don't think that will help. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just looked again, I can download ALL of my maps when I click their filename, but ALL of the models get the same error. The filestructure seems to be intact, here's a screenie of the FTP:

Well 2 screenies:

Last edited by SNIPERMASTER; 07-22-2009 at 20:42.
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2009 , 21:46   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue?
Reply With Quote #4

The structure seems intact indeed (I browsed around a little). I also noticed that sprites (.spr) give the same error, but .wav, .bsp and .ztmp files are handled properly.

I'm absolutely not familiar with IIS, but you could check a few things like the file attributes for the sprites and models and the way IIS handles such files. This might be a helpful start.
Old 07-23-2009 , 01:03   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue?
Reply With Quote #5

Damn, that's intimidating. Trying to figure it out as best as I can, anyone here know how to handle this kind of problem? I'm pretty sure the web host is running on Windows
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2009 , 18:57   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #6

Yep, they do. And more importantly, they're running IIS 6.0. Contacting your host about this would be best, I think.
Old 07-24-2009 , 17:22   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #7

heh. I thank you for your help. Actually, the host had such a crappy out dated control panel, windows hosting, and terrible support. counter-strike.com webshosting gets a 1/10 with me. I cancelled it and went to hostgator instead
vivalavida
Old 07-24-2009 , 21:01   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #8

smart.. not.. u can browse around this site and find many people offering dirt cheap fast dl thats actually BETTER and less maintenance then hostgator or whatever. take me for example. and some other dudes on here.

hi pplz
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2009 , 21:19   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #9

Getting your stuff hosted by and depending on someone that you vaguely know from a forum is what I would call smart...not.

Last edited by 8088; 07-24-2009 at 21:26. Reason: errz
SNIPERMASTER
Old 07-29-2009 , 05:12   Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with Fast Download issue? (Help with IIS)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
Getting your stuff hosted by and depending on someone that you vaguely know from a forum is what I would call smart...not.
Haha, X2! Vivalavida, just gtfo if you're gonna make stupid comments