Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.2, 2014-04-04)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
All Snipers, all with Huntsman and Jarate, most likely firing arrows that explode and set you on fire. What could go wrong?
Old 04-29-2013 , 15:17   [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.2, 2014-04-04)
Reply With Quote #1

Source is on Github

Description

Huntsman Hell is a game mode envisioned by intox.fcuk (original post) for Intox Gaming HH.
It is a game mode where all players play as Snipers with Huntsman and Jarate, with the melee weapon of their choice. And things explode.

Code was taken from the following plugins:
Vs. Saxton Hale (super jump code)
TF2Items Randomizer (double jump code)

Code inspired by functionality of:
[TF2] Explosive Arrows
[TF2] Class Enforcer

Like my work? Now taking donations.

Features
  • While meant for Arena or Koth maps, it will also work with other maps (vsh, ph, cp, pl, etc...)
  • Players all play as Huntsman Snipers with Jarate.
  • All players start with 400 health.
  • All arrows are fire arrows.
  • Arrows explode and set players on fire.
  • Players can super jump by holding down attack2 (or ducking), then looking up and letting go of attack2 or duck.
  • Players don't take fall damage
This is likely also one of the first plugins that uses TF2Attributes.

Dependencies
SourceMod 1.5 is required (I think... but feel free to try it on SourceMod 1.4.7)

Required
  • SDKHooks 2.2 or newer. This comes with SourceMod 1.5's newer snapshots, or can be downloaded from the SDKHooks thread.
  • TF2Items 1.5.3 or newer. Used to give players Huntsman and Jarate if they don't already have it.
  • TF2Attributes 1.0 or newer (1.1.1 or newer recommended). Used to update attributes on players and items.
Optional
Other Recommended extensions/plugins
CVars/Commands
Cvars are loaded from cfg/sourcemod/huntsmanhell.cfg
  • huntsmanhell_version - The game version. Not read from the file.
  • huntsmanhell_enabled - [0/1] default 1 - Enable Huntsman Hell?
  • huntsmanhell_explode - [0/1] default 1 - Should arrows explode when they hit something?
  • huntsmanhell_exploderadius - [1+] default 200] - If arrows explode, the radius of explosion in hammer units.
  • huntsmanhell_explodedamage - [1+] default 50] - If arrows explode, the damage the explosion does.
  • huntsmanhell_explodefire - [0/1] default 1 - Should explosions catch players on fire?
  • huntsmanhell_explodefireself - [0/1] default 1 - Should explosions catch yourself on fire?
  • huntsmanhell_firearrows - [0/1] default 1 - Should all arrows catch on fire in Huntsman Hell?
  • huntsmanhell_arrowmultiplier - [0.0-8.0] default 4.0 - How many times the normal number of reserve arrows should we have? Normal arrow count is 12, but the count is actually (25.0 * (huntmanshell_arrowmultiplier / 2.0)) rounded down.
  • huntsmanhell_health - [65-800] default 400 - Amount of Health Snipers start with
  • huntsmanhell_superjump - [0/1] default 1 - Should super jump be enabled in Huntsman Hell?
  • huntsmanhell_falldamage [0/1] default 0 - Should players take fall damage?
  • huntsmanhell_gamedescription [0/1] default 1 - If SteamTools is loaded, set the Game Description to Huntsman Hell?
  • huntsmanhell_doublejump [0/1] default 1 - Should double jump be enabled in Huntsman Hell?
  • huntsmanhell_medicchance [0-100] default 10 - Chance of a round being a Medic round.
  • huntsmanhell_medicarrowmultiplier [0.0-8.0] default 1.32 (50 arrows) - How many times the normal number of arrows should Medics have? Normal arrow count is 37.5 (banker rounded up to 38)
  • huntsmanhell_medichealth - [65-800] default 300 - Amount of Health Medics start with
Commands
  • hh_help - Display a help screen tailored to a specific server
Changelog
  • 2014-03-07 (1.7.2)
    • Fix players catching their teammates on fire with explosions. Apparently OnTakeDamage fires for env_explosion on players even when they don't take damage because it belongs to their own team.
  • 2013-09-01 (1.7.1)
    • The Super-Jump Timer is now manually tracked. This is to prevent an issue where enabling the plugin between maps would cause it to start twice and Super Jumps would refresh twice as fast.
    • New cvar: huntsmanhell_medichealth. Defaults to 300.
    • The plugin now decides at map start and round end whether the next round is a Medic round.
    • Players are now regenerated after being respawned. This fixes a bug where players will spawn with the wrong amount of ammo.
    • Updated the Crusader's Crossbow stats to the current weapon's stats... aka removed the faster reload.
  • 2013-08-29 (1.7.0)
    • huntsmanhell_explodefire now defaults to 0.
    • Medic Mode is now present in the code. This brings with it a few new cvars:
      • huntsmanhell_medicchance - Default 10 [min: 0, max: 100] - Chance of the current round being a Medic round. Medics are restricted to the Crusader's Crossbow and any melee weapon.
      • huntsmanhell_medicarrowmultiplier - Default 1.32 - How many times the normal number of arrows should we have? Normal arrow count is 37.5 (banker rounded up to 38)... 1.32 gives you 50 arrows or so.
      • It doesn't exist yet, but a multiplier to set the Medic's health separately may be added in a later version.
    • Removed Set Bonus related code... Valve removed set bonuses from the game.
    • The mode now attempts to remove all attributes from players when the enable cvar changes. This is to fix a bug where some players health wasn't being reset if they were dead at the time.
    • Initial support for Opt-In MultiMod... but that plugin is still in design (and this plugin was intended to be the plugin I used to test it). Ignore it for now.
  • 2013-05-06 (quick zipfile update)
    • Cvars are now marked notify, so they can be searched on GameTrackers and the like
    • Added German translation. Thanks to Suyo on Reddit!
  • 2013-05-06 (1.6.0)
    • New translation phrases
    • New command /hh_help to display a basic help screen.
    • New cvar huntsmanhell_doublejump to allow players to jump a second time in the air. It is highly recommended you disable any other double jump plugin before upgrading to this version
    • Changing to Huntsman Hell mid map was not starting the jump timer.
    • Fixed an array size issue with the jump percent array (this has no effect on TF2 unless it suddenly starts supporting 64 players, but better safe than sorry)
  • 2013-05-05 (1.5.1)
    • Added huntsmanhell_gamedescription cvar
    • Fixed game description not getting changed when plugin is disabled.
  • 2013-05-05 (1.5)
    • huntsmanhell_enabled can now be changed mid-map. All players will be respawned when this happens.
  • 2013-05-05 (1.4.1)
    • Fixed kill icon for explosion fire
    • Made explosion kill use Pumpkin Bomb kill icon
  • 2013-05-03 (1.4)
    • Fix class change respawn bug
  • 2013-04-29 (v1.3.1)
    • SteamTools really is optional now.
  • 2013-04-29 (v1.3)
    • First public release
    • Removed 1.5x jump height
    • Implemented fall damage remover
    • Changed name to "Huntsman Hell" and all cvars and phrase files to match
    • Added lower bounds to explosion damage and radius cvars to prevent possible crashes on a misconfigured server.
  • 2013-04-28 (v1.2)
    • Internal testing release
    • Changed arrow logic, made a cvar for arrow count
    • Implemented health change
    • Added 1.5x jump height (originally 10000x jump height by accident)
    • Fixed explosion setting the player who fired it on fire.
  • 2013-04-27 (v1.1)
    • Internal testing release
    • Updated arrow count
    • Updated fire arrow code to set the Huntman on fire using the superjump timer.
    • Implemented explosions setting players on fire
    • Fixed jump translation phrases not working.
    • Implemented SteamTools
  • 2013-04-25 (v1.0)
    • Internal testing release, originally titled "Huntsman Heaven"
    • Implemented Huntsman and Jarate weapon replacements.
    • Implemented super jump
    • Implemented exploding arrows
    • Implemented initial fire arrow code
Installation Instructions

If doing a new install:
  • If using SourceMod 1.4 or an older 1.5 snapshot, download and install SDKHooks.
  • Download and install TF2Items
  • Download and install TF2Attributes
  • Download huntsmanhell.zip
  • Extract zip to your server's game folder.
  • Config file should be created the first time the plugin is loaded.
If upgrading:
  • Download the new plugin smx and put it in addons/sourcemod/plugins/
  • Download any new translation phrases and put them in addons/sourcemod/translations/.
To Do
  • Make the help screen nicer.
Media
Sal made a video about an earlier version
Attached Files
File Type: zip huntsman-hell-1.7.2.zip (40.3 KB, 1021 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-19-2014 at 17:36. Reason: Updated to 1.7.1
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2013 , 17:45   Re: Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
I tried running this plugin but am having problems running SteamTools extension. Doing a sm exts info <#> gives me "The specified module could not be found."

If I do a sm exts load steamtools it says it has loaded succesfully.

I tried running this in TF2 Beta and TF2 SteamPipe Beta and both are doing the same thing. Could this have something to do with the new Steampipe?
I haven't heard of any issues with Steampipe and SteamTools... but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

SteamTools isn't strictly necessary to run this plugin, but it'd still be nice to have it, since it changes the game name.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-29-2013 at 17:46.
CuriousG
Old 04-29-2013 , 18:01   Re: Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I haven't heard of any issues with Steampipe and SteamTools... but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

SteamTools isn't strictly necessary to run this plugin, but it'd still be nice to have it, since it changes the game name.
I think I did something stupid as I thought I tried it in SteamPipe beta but I didn't have the .dll in the extension folder. So that time SteamTools loaded.

The other server I was running already running so I tried loading it on the fly and didn't seem to like that. Once I restarted the server, the extension loaded.

Edit: Looks like it's working now. Had an issue with the game still being enabled when I did huntsmanhell_enabled 0. I ended up renaming the plugin and doing a changelevel in order for it to go back to normal.

Last edited by CuriousG; 04-29-2013 at 20:06.
vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2013 , 20:27   Re: Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #4

Can you edit thread title and add [TF2]?

cw speedruns:
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2013 , 20:54   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #5

this looks so fun and neat. please tell me it doesn't use that terrible voice line for saxton hale though or is at least something we can change or configure?
Old 04-29-2013 , 20:56   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
this looks so fun and neat. please tell me it doesn't use that terrible voice line for saxton hale though or is at least something we can change or configure?
Nope, one of the changes in this version is that it uses unused Sniper lines.
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 08:34   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #7

Huntsman is best melee weapon.
Great job.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 04-30-2013 at 08:34.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-30-2013 , 09:17   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Huntsman is best melee weapon.
Great job.
Melee weapon?

Edit: I can't tell if this is a bug report or not.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-30-2013 at 09:52.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 10:26   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #9

awe man i just thought of something.. this great mod comes out the day before steampipe beta which means we wont be able to enjoy it until a couple months after valve fixes all the problems and sourcemod is stable
Old 04-30-2013 , 10:35   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.3, 2013-04-29)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
awe man i just thought of something.. this great mod comes out the day before steampipe beta which means we wont be able to enjoy it until a couple months after valve fixes all the problems and sourcemod is stable
From what I can tell, the biggest blocker here is going to be the lack of SteamPipe gamedata for TF2Attribs. I'm not sure when FlaminSarge plans on updating it, but I use it to update a player's health because using TF2Items to change items makes Strange weapons stop functioning properly.

That and some attributes (like jump height?) only work if put on a player.

But yeah, the game mode didn't even come around until early April and I didn't even start working on my version of it until Thursday last week.