Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 [Subplugin] Koishi's Abilities

Post New Thread Reply   

93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-26-2015 , 19:22   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #11

Have you updated to current build? Older versions had a bug where the attributes string was corrupting causing custom models to not work.

Before OnGetMaxHealth, it used to set the health via attributes, and the string would often corrupt.

or valve is being a bitch and broke something in the Tough Break update..

Attributes only work if you spawn a custom weapon, it will not apply if you choose to retain a minion's normal load out.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 12-26-2015 at 19:26.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
WakaFlocka
Old 12-26-2015 , 21:21   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADoW NiNE TR3S View Post
Have you updated to current build? Older versions had a bug where the attributes string was corrupting causing custom models to not work.

Before OnGetMaxHealth, it used to set the health via attributes, and the string would often corrupt.

or valve is being a bitch and broke something in the Tough Break update..

Attributes only work if you spawn a custom weapon, it will not apply if you choose to retain a minion's normal load out.
yes i have the latest tf2 items and tf2 attributes, i deleted shadow93 abilities due to people complaining. Many people say its broken sorry mate. I'll stick with ff2_1st_set_abilties since that only has 2 issues atm good luck i have faith you will do better in the future

Last edited by Wliu; 12-26-2015 at 22:51. Reason: Watch the passive aggressiveness. The rest of your post was completely unwarranted.
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-26-2015 , 22:54   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
yes i have the latest tf2 items and tf2 attributes, it's the way u coded it no offense but it's ok not using that anymore i deleted shadow93 abilities due to people complaining. Many people say its broken sorry mate your coding needs some work i ain't dissing you just being honest you feel me? I'll stick with ff2_1st_set_abilties since that only has 2 issues atm good luck i have faith you will do better in the future
Before you make a post stating something is broken, be sure to have your SM error logs to back up your claim, as NONE of your "error" reports can be reproduced on BBG's FF2 dev, 50DKP's official FF2 test server, and none of BBG's 3 FF2 servers. If it can't be reproduced on any of the 5 environments, then you must show us your server plugin/extension setup for any possible conflicts to reproduce your errors.

Why are error logs important? Because it helps pinpoint the exact line number where the error is coming from, the type of error it throws, and makes it easier to know what to do to address the issue. It also facilitates in reproducing the error, if it can be reproduced.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 12-26-2015 at 23:01.
WakaFlocka
Old 12-26-2015 , 23:04   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADoW NiNE TR3S View Post
you need to have some form of evidence to back up your claim. And when I mean to back it up, I mean in the form of error logs. Before you humiliate yourself, be sure to have your SM error logs to back up your claim, as NONE of your "error" reports can be reproduced on BBG's FF2 dev, 50DKP's official FF2 test server, and none of BBG's 3 FF2 servers. If it can't be reproduced on any of the 5 environments, then you must show us your server plugin/extension setup for any possible conflicts to reproduce your errors.

Why are error logs important? Because it helps pinpoint the exact line number where the error is coming from, the type of error it throws, and makes it easier to know what to do to address the issue. It also facilitates in reproducing the error, if it can be reproduced. To

ya so transit likes to make up things and anyways o told u forget about it i'm using ff2_1st_set_abiltities thanks have a good day
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-26-2015 , 23:15   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
ya so transit likes to make up things and anyways o told u forget about it i'm using ff2_1st_set_abiltities thanks have a good day
Nice wording of things.

It just means if you don't have any error logs to support your bug report, how would we know where the error is coming from, let alone, how it can be reproduced.

Here is a good example of a bug report, complete with an error log. This was fixed shortly after this report:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...01&postcount=2
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2015 , 06:42   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #16

tf/addons/sourcemod/logs/

look for a file like

errors_20151234.log
Old 12-27-2015 , 14:48   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
tf/addons/sourcemod/logs/

look for a file like

errors_20151234.log
Yes yes i know about error logs thanks man, but he's not going to help me anyways we obviously don't get along as you can see. I'm sticking with ff2_1st_set_abiltities also do you work with the ff2 team? If so do you know by any chance why arguments 2 and 7 don't work more information about this issue here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=2514
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2015 , 19:46   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #18

I don't do anything FF2 related. No programmer would be able to tell you why it doesn't work without error logs.

Technically there could be no error logs despite it not working if the plugin logic is wrong.
But as long as it works for at least one person, everyone else is probably doing something wrong.

Last edited by Chdata; 12-27-2015 at 19:48.
uNg0veRNab1e
Old 12-28-2015 , 18:54   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #19

Killing a minion counts like a teamkill for killer. I tried to fix it, but seems that i can't.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2015 , 21:59   Re: [Subplugin] SHADoW93's Abilities
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by uNg0veRNab1e View Post
Killing a minion counts like a teamkill for killer. I tried to fix it, but seems that i can't.
Because the hook it depends on is a Pre-hook. Changing it to Post / PostNoCopy breaks the killfeed ability, but fixes minion kills appearing as team kills, since it switches the minion's team back to the non-boss team upon its death.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 12-28-2015 at 22:01.