Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

Proz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 10:05   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #201

Maybe it's time to lock this topic up.. I don't see this discussion leading anywhere

Last edited by Proz; 08-05-2018 at 10:06.
Hallucinogenic Troll
Old 08-05-2018 , 10:33   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #202

Well, at least in Portugal, no one is complaining about not having MOTD to support ads (since we don't really make any money from them).
The only problem is with informative webpages, like Rules, VIP/Donations, Staff's Aplications, etc, which killed a lot of support (even for my community's Youtube Music Player...)
Old 08-05-2018 , 10:44   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #203

I would even give up !ws !knife etc to get back MOTD as it used to be. Why don't they ban those stuff? Or at least set ban wave xxx times a day? Its still much better than having NO MOTD

BTW MOTD has been there since like Counter Strike 1.6 (maybe even in the earlier versions), then I dont see the reason to remove it. Do you guys think, that Valve think that MOTD doesnt suit in that new Panorama update and thats the reason why they dont want to add it? It would make much bigger sense, than removing MOTD because of ADS. LOL

Last edited by ASKER_CZ; 08-05-2018 at 10:47.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 11:36   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Yes you do. You're playing dumb to try to avoid looking at yourself and your contribution to Valve's solution. Not a single person in here doesn't see the connection, which is why everybody is phrasing their posts exactly how they are.
U are playing dumb and making connection betwean motd and skins.... why u are forcing story about skins in thread where title says "No MOTD in Panorama"? Beacuse u have emty servers and u are angry on ppl who put skins and magicly taking your players from your server somehow. Just second class servers lose players beacuse of skins. I know bunch real communities that have players for years whitout skins.
P.S. Still i dont see connection betwean motd and skins.
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 11:59   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
Yes, showing sponsors im fine with, like i wrote.. (maybe you should read it again). Im talking about crappy random ads (that advertise some crap your players dont even care about) that comes from various ad plugins with videos and sound and that force opens the MOTD during rounds etc and force motd to be enabled. I dont see how a normal picture ad in MOTD (with other content too) could be hurtful for players.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 08-05-2018 at 12:07.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 12:10   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Yes, showing sponsors im fine with, like i wrote.. (maybe you should read it again). Im talking about crappy random ads (that advertise some crap your players dont even care about) that comes from various ad plugins with videos and sound and that force opens the MOTD during rounds etc and force motd to be enabled. I dont see how a normal picture ad in MOTD (with other content too) could be hurtful for players.
I just point that u say that u are against ads and u did offer it... its was just wierd that someone sell place in motd (ads) and say that is against
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 12:12   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
I just point that u say that u are against ads and u did offer it... its was just wierd that someone sell place in motd (ads) and say that is against
I said I was against a specific type of ads and a specific way to show them. Not all ads. Learn to read please. Its nothing weird about what i said, its only weird how you read it.

There is a difference between showing intrusive ads and just plain ads/logos.

I would be against ads that force opens motd window during rounds, playing sounds, video etc or force them to actually watch it before they can close the window.
And im not against the ads that only shows when you connect, like a logo for a sponsor or an ad showing of a product that gamers might be intrested in, like hardware (without sound/video).

And im totally fine with MOTD gone. But i do miss a way to show information in the MOTD. Like stats, servers, rules, donations etc.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 08-05-2018 at 12:24.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 14:54   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #208

What's the purpose of arguing? I understand you all have different opinions but seriously? You're treating it as politics. If Valve want to do this, they'll do it. There's a potential chance it'll come back. Do you really think they will if everyone is arguing like 12 year olds?

We're all part of one community whether you like it or not, you would probably punish two players for causing drama in your community so don't go and do it yourself. Let's grow up and let the people that actually allow you to host servers decide?
RealEdan
Old 08-05-2018 , 15:00   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #209

If you disagree with advertisements then keep it to yourself. This thread should be for workarounds to running advertisements and or what these servers are gonna resort to.
Old 08-05-2018 , 15:11   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEdan View Post
If you disagree with advertisements then keep it to yourself. This thread should be for workarounds to running advertisements and or what these servers are gonna resort to.
I don't get why everybody is trying to police this thread so much. People are enjoying the conversation, clearly. Let them talk, and if you don't like it, just don't read the thread. I have no idea why you would be asking people to keep their opinions to themselves. This is a public forum.

Since any workaround will obviously require sourcemod, discuss those in the correct subforum, the sourcemod subforum.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 08-05-2018 at 15:12.