Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Hive/CC Health Constant Display

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Natural Selection        Category:   Statistical        Approver:   devicenull (200)
CheesyPeteza
Old 09-21-2004 , 19:05   Hive/CC Health Constant Display
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin shows the hive, command console and armory health at all times to all players in NS Combat. It is displayed at the bottom of the screen like this:

The display starts flashing when the CC/Hive is 33% health. A warning sound will play for the marines. Aliens shouldn't need a sound as they have "The hive is dieing" sound already.

Cvars:
hc_sound Set to 0 to disable the CC less than 33% HP warning siren. 1 to enable. (default 1)

Note:
O The plugin will automatically disable itself in classic mode and if Tournament Mode is enabled.

Requires:
O AMXModX TP5 or newer
O FakeMeta module
O Engine module
O NS module

Known Bugs:
Sometimes the warning sound will not play for the full 5 seconds (I'm working on a fix for this)

Updated: 2.3 (23-Sep-04)
O Fixed require_module() bug

Updated: 2.2 (9-Sep-04)
O Converted to AMXModX engine/ns/fakemeta

Updated: 2.1 (12-May-04)
O Now compatible with ns2amx 1.0
O Plugin automatically disabled on MvM & AvA maps
O Using a new method for playing the CC dieing warning sound.

Updated: 2.00 (14-Mar-04)
O Total rewrite of code to be more efficient.
O Now supports multiple armorys. (Thanks for the idea Floyd)
O When the Hive/CC reaches 33% the text starts flashing, marines receive a warning sound. (Thanks for the idea again Floyd)
O The text is moved when a player dies so that it is still visible.
O Moved the text over to the left a lot more so that it hopefully displays correctly for all resolutions.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (hiveccstatus.sma - 6256 views - 5.7 KB)

[email protected]

hunter
Old 09-22-2004 , 23:29  
Reply With Quote #2

cool. now i can stop converting hive/cc of amx mod. I don't know much of a amxx coding.
BAILOPAN
Old 09-23-2004 , 17:13  
Reply With Quote #3

Cheesy, you put "require_module" in plugin_init. Actually all this does is create a temporary memory leak

You must do "require_module" (and only require_module) inside public plugin_modules()
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-23-2004 , 17:17  
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
public plugin_modules() {     require_module("engine")     require_module("ns")     require_module("fakemeta") }
CheesyPeteza
Old 09-23-2004 , 18:52  
Reply With Quote #5

Oh, guess I should have rtfm, or just blame it on the compiler it should have told me then made me a cup of tea and did my washing.

[email protected]

ktrain
Old 09-23-2004 , 23:40   nice
Reply With Quote #6

bug report: only problem so far is the text tends to disappear after awhile, no apparent cause...

feature request: a cvar to allow rines to see hive status as well as cc and armory status, and the same for aliens

nice job
Old 09-24-2004 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #7

"text tends to disappear after awhile" that might be because this plugin is useing the same hudchannel as another plugin you could try changeing the HUD_CHANNEL value to something else.

"a cvar to allow rines to see hive status as well as cc and armory status, and the same for aliens"
that seems too unfair to me, if you have good teammates they will tell you if they spotted the cc in red or that the hive must be really low on health.
CheesyPeteza
Old 09-24-2004 , 09:00  
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah try changing the HUD_CHANNEL.

I don't have any intention of allowing players to see the opposite teams hive/cc health.

[email protected]

ktrain
Old 09-24-2004 , 19:04  
Reply With Quote #9

ok now for statsme they recently introduced an "automatic HUD channel scheduler" i.e., by setting the channel to 0, it would automatically find the open one

any chance of adding this feature?

i know this is the wrong place for such a request, but this plugin kicks ass, so i figure the devs will see this post...

anyways, is there a certain hud channel that is less used by default ammmodx?
Old 03-09-2005 , 00:01  
Reply With Quote #10

Hi, im very new at amx mod, i currently have a server of natural selection on recongamers, they have the option to choose what addon to install, its very simple, im interested in using your script but aparently im doing something wrong since the game doesnt show me the hud, so heres what i did i took the .sma, compile it and converted into a .amxx file(hiveccstatus.amxx).

i put the hiveccstatus.amxx into the plugins folder (addons/amxmodx/plugins). but what i didnt do its the cvar cuz i dunno anything about it... could you explain it to me as i were a 6 years old plz?

thanks

P.s im currently running version 3.0 of NS.. non beta