Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-31-2010 , 02:04   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrowfire View Post
Oh and just a heads up, the "customized" tag before a quality level 10 weapon is not a glitch. I have had the same thing happen to myself, so its really just something valve added.
It's not the prefix under question, it's the bright green colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Posted
Took you long enough
And on that note, all questions and 'stuff' related to that plugin should be posted in FlaminSarge's thread from now on.

EDIT: Also, 500 post thread
Old 10-31-2010 , 07:40   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Not to one-up you, Sorrowfire, but: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...99#post1337899
Posted
Ahh Drat guess you beat me to the punch... But i put everything in numerical order when i updated the one i had xP Though i guess no one is really going to be looking at the coding when they are using it. But you did change other things as well so... I guess ill try to update the next time.. before you!

And i am sorry asherkin, i shall post in Flamin Sarge's thread from now on with matters relating to that plug-in.

And the color for the "customized" tag is not a glitch as far as i can tell, because before the polycount update came around, that color was still in the game as value #10, it just didn't have the tag before it. And was not listed in the Items_game.txt

But i don't know all that much about this stuff, so i could be wrong about it being a glitch, i mean it could just be a placeholder color (Though normally placeholders are white as far as i can tell)

Oh and Ps: Thanks for putting me in the credits for the Give Weapons Plug-in FlaminSarge.

Edit: Now 502 post thread

Last edited by Sorrowfire; 10-31-2010 at 07:53.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-31-2010 , 08:01   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrowfire View Post
And the color for the "customized" tag is not a glitch as far as i can tell, because before the polycount update came around, that color was still in the game as value #10, it just didn't have the tag before it. And was not listed in the Items_game.txt

But i don't know all that much about this stuff, so i could be wrong about it being a glitch, i mean it could just be a placeholder color (Though normally placeholders are white as far as i can tell)
My post here explained why it is weird and therefore of interest.
Basically, all the colours for everything in the game is defined in the resource files. Quality 10 has a name of an entry from the scheme file defined in code, but this doesn't appear in any of the files.
The question that needs an answer is "what the hell makes the game decide it should be bright green?".
It's just interesting as it's outside of the norm, not of any particular relevance to anything.
Old 10-31-2010 , 08:06   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

sm uses green for its default text color a lot of the time. i wonder if the server is grabbing that value when presented with a nul value from the resource files... kind of like an accidental fail over?
Old 10-31-2010 , 09:12   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

could any one help me out with this? i made this for the weapon and it seems no errors showed in the server startup but when i go ingame i dont have the weapon. is there a way your supposed to spawn it to have it when you join the server?
this is the weapon config
Code:
"custom_weapons_v3"
{
    "STEAM_1:0:15767443"
    {

"266"
        {
            "quality"        "5"
            "level"            "99"
            "admin-flags"    "z"

"1"                "2 ; 1.1"
            "2"                "17 ; 0.05"
            "3"                "19 ; 0.2"
            "4"                "20 ; 1"
        }
    }
}
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2010 , 15:01   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

ddrx, you've equipped the Headtaker before this, right? And you want it to do 10% more damage, somehow add 5 uber (btw 0.05 isn't the max), add a .2 damage buff (which, also, .2 is not the max, even though both say it in items_game.txt), and crit burning people.
So if you're a demo with the headtaker those should apply. But if you're a demo without the headtaker it won't give you the headtaker...
Is that what you're asking?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
ddrx
Old 10-31-2010 , 15:33   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

well i have the headtaker and when i use this and join my server i dont get the stats of these is just stays the same stats of the default weapon thats the issue
FunkyLoveCow
Old 10-31-2010 , 16:13   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

"STEAM_1:0:15767443" doesn't look like a valid steam ID. Don't they all start "STEAM_0:"?
ddrx
Old 10-31-2010 , 17:22   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

nope that's my steamid i know it is because i have my sourcemod running with me as an admin on it
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-31-2010 , 18:53   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

This is pretty sweet. I've done this for myself,
Code:
        "*"
        {
            "quality"        "8"
            "level"          "100"
            "admin-flags"    "k"

"1"                "4 ; 200"
    "2"                "6 ; 0.50"

}
    }
}
But when I rejoin. I can't use certain weapons. And apparently the quality feature doesn't work either. People i've killed say it looks normal. Is it possible to make 1 config work for everyone in a group? I've set the admin-flags to "k", but even people with the "k" flag can't get the changes.
Closed Thread