Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Random C4 Spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

MattOG
Old 06-24-2005 , 22:01  
Reply With Quote #11

JGHG, anyway to make this make bots drop the bomb, I tried editing a few things (for example playing with the engclient_cmd) making it say drop after the weapon_c4, amongst other things, and also tried adding code from a few plugins that disarm a player, but to no avail, just crashes the game.

Also, in the .sma, isn't the first mapcfgfile location wrong? says something like amx/map_configs. shouldn't it be amxmodx/configs/maps ????

Ta.

Matt.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2005 , 04:30  
Reply With Quote #12

CsKShadowWalker, keep your tone please.

MattOG: It's been a long time since I used this plugin, but I think it used to work on bots at some point. But because of changes in everything, hl engine, bots etc it is possible that it doesn't work anymore.
Maybe it is still possible. Using engclient_cmd and drop maybe should work.
MattOG
Old 06-25-2005 , 11:29  
Reply With Quote #13

yeah tried that, I'll maybe put a bit more effort in, think I was looking for the "quick fix" and just having to change 1 or 2 lines, ahh well, back to the drawing board.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2005 , 17:39  
Reply With Quote #14

I got around to some scripting today. :-)

050625 0.4 - Rewritten. Now needs lots of cool modules. Should now work with bots.
Known issue: models doesn't change properly to reflect if bomb is carried or not.
CT:s can now pick up bombs from its initial position. :-)
Set cvar "cts_can_pickup_c4" to 0 to disable.

Maybe you need to disable CTs picking up bombs on maps like de_prodigy where the CTs could throw it down the gorge etc, so the T:s can't get it. :-)

I hope you are happy now. This was a 85% rewrite. Eventually I hope to find the way to show the correct "with/without bomb backpack" models.
MattOG
Old 06-25-2005 , 23:35  
Reply With Quote #15

lol your a star, brings back a whole new level of gameplay to cs, thats what I like. looking 4ward to next update, gonna test this now.

Matt.
Reignman
Old 06-26-2005 , 10:22  
Reply With Quote #16

New bugs/issues/observations that I've found ...

I was using the map configs for dust and dust2 and my C4's aren't spawning in random spots they keep spawning in the same spot. And how about making it so CT's can pick up the bomb more than once, that'd be cool. I also noticed a CT can plant the bomb now and was wondering if that was an intended result of allowing CT's the ability to pick up the bomb?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2005 , 11:53  
Reply With Quote #17

Ok sorry I forgot a few things before putting this up.
This long time frmo scripting has made me forgot some things.
You really need the Custom map cfg addon plugin to save the C4s. Somehow I just forgot about that and removed that part. It's back there now, you need it to save c4 positions. You could do it all manually, but it's just too much work probably to copy + paste numbers into your cfg file. That plugin automates that process.

0.5 is up now.
Only Ts should now be able to plant - I didn't test this but hopefully it'll work this time.
I found another "bug" which occurred between rounds if round ended before anyone got the bomb - the old bomb was still there and you'd have a lot of bombs after some rounds.
MattOG
Old 06-26-2005 , 13:59  
Reply With Quote #18

Works well, a few small errors letting it down though, 90% of the time, the bomb doesn't drop to the floor when it spawns, and as far as I can tell this is causing the bots not to know where it is. This seems to be a scripting error, because they worked before, and the bombs aren't "stuck" in any walls, just floating at the spawn point without dropping.

Secondly, the round start "who's got the bomb?" check needs to be extended to checking the CT's also, as if you win a round as a CT with the bomb in your possession, it doesn't strip you of the bomb, but i think it still spawns another.

Other than that, I had no problems, I'm hoping the bots not "seeing" to bomb (on radar or in game) when it spawns in the air, is because it hasn't hit the ground yet, though you can still pick it up, and I could see it on the radar.

p.s. the ct's can no longer plant the bomb, so that worked also (woohoo).

HTH.

Matt.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2005 , 08:33  
Reply With Quote #19

050627 0.6 - Bombs shouldn't get stuck in mid-air anymore. If a CT has a C4 at a new round, it should be stripped.

At stripping it sometimes needs to switch to knife (when the CT is holding the C4) just to make sure before stripping the C4. Let's hope you don't run any mods that disable the knife...
MattOG
Old 06-29-2005 , 14:50  
Reply With Quote #20

Almost there now;

Errors/Bugs:

1.Bots don't "see" the bomb, as it hasn't been "dropped" (incidentally, in the .sma there is a part of code (in send_bomb_drop_msg (or similar)), just before it calls create_bomb, where its meant to send a bomb_dropped message to client and server, that message is never sent, not sure if the two are related, I tried extending the time on the set_task in case it was calling it too early (?!) but to no avail.

2. If your playing on a map with no co-ords, you can no longer select the bomb, meaning it can't be planted. e.g. go onto de_nuke, and you can't select the bomb.

As soon as I can get this working flawlessly, and with bots, I'll post the co-ords for all the "stock" maps and about 50 others. Not had time to investigate much myself, have some ideas about how to get around the errors, but thought I'd post cos tbh, you're better than i am.

Matt.

+Karma If I helped