Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation

Post New Thread Reply   

wiwi249
Old 04-11-2015 , 14:02   [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.
After a lot of trying with orpheu in this topic: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2282651 I've decided to write a new module to hook the CBasePlayer::SetAnimation, because it's the last thing I can do in that case. The problem is, that I've never written a module. I've got basic knowledge in C++ though. So:
1. Is there any tutorial or something written to help me learn module coding? I've been trying to search the forum but I didn't find it. Or maybe is there some basic code I can use to learn on (I don't need much, that will do).
2. How to hook the CBasePlayer::SetAnimation event in my module? In amxx it was (almost) all about byte signature in orpheu. How to make it with a module only?
3. How to make an AMXX Forward based on the functions I want to hook? If I "hook" this function, I think that I should make a hookable forward with AMXX and then supercede it (that's what I need to do, unfortunately). If you have any other ideas, can you tell me?

Thanks in advance and sorry for a problem. I just need to hook this function finally.
Bos93
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2015 , 14:37   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #2

Are you sure you need it?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...87&postcount=2
Old 04-11-2015 , 17:25   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, I'm pretty sure.
Check the link I've provided in the first post. HLDS has been updated and It's much harder to hook it now.
wiwi249
Old 04-12-2015 , 06:15   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #4

Alright, an update.
I've managed to open the example module (dod_mm) and find a tutorial.
It seems to make sense ;)
Now how to hook the SetAnimation functions?

Last edited by wiwi249; 04-12-2015 at 06:20.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-12-2015 , 06:29   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #5

Maybe look at how orpheu or okapi does that ? It may help, idk.
Old 04-12-2015 , 07:22   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #6

I was trying to understand how Arkshine did it in the AdminFreeLook module ( https://github.com/Arkshine/AdminFre.../master/module ), but I don't understand shit. I think I have to wait until he explains something.
By the way, Orpheu is much more complicated, especially that it hooks functions registered in signatures and used in plugins. I just cant get to read that thing in the code and I dont know what is what in the Orpheu source.
Arkshine
Old 04-14-2015 , 06:27   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #7

Try that.

Unzip setanimation-files in /dlls (1.8.2) or /modules (1.8.3-dev)

In your plugin use the OnSetAnimation forward:

Code:
public OnSetAnimation(player, anim) {     // return PLUGIN_HANDLED to block the call }

EDIT: I guess I could add a native later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip setanimation-files.zip (62.1 KB, 525 views)
File Type: zip setanimation-source.zip (128.7 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-14-2015 at 13:23.
wiwi249
Old 04-14-2015 , 13:24   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #8

It's just impossible not to love Arkshine! Thank you master, I'll give it a try tommorow.
For now, do you know what's the animations limit per 1 model? I remember that it was somewhere in SDK but I cant find it now :/
Arkshine
Old 04-14-2015 , 13:27   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #9

Please define "animation limit per 1 model" ; I have no idea what it means.

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-14-2015 at 13:27.
wiwi249
Old 04-14-2015 , 13:47   Re: [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #10

I mean how many animations can one mdl file contain. (Player models have something like 117 animations if I remember well).