Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Fix bug where a survivor will change identity when a player connects/disconnects if there are 5+ survivors
    Old 03-18-2016 , 20:31   [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:

In games with 5+ survivors, there is a bug where the identity of a survivor (model & prop) may change each time a player connects or disconnects.

For example, if there is a Louis bot, and a player takes over that bot, he may become Rochelle.

This may also happen if you go idle and an idle fix kicks in; you may find yourself with a different character (but the same equipment) when you regain control.

This change of identity is jarring and confusing. My plugin fixes this bug. Survivors will now retain the same identity, even if players connect, disconnect, or go idle.

Installation:

- dhooks.ext.dll -> \sourcemod\extensions\ (dhooks2 required)
    - l4d_survivor_identity_fix.txt -> \sourcemod\gamedata\
    - l4d_survivor_identity_fix.smx -> \sourcemod\plugins\ (script won't compile here, because it requires the dhooks2 include)

Compatibility:

- This plugin is fully compatible with Character Select Menu/FakeZoey (New version)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_survivor_identity_fix.sp - 3783 views - 4.3 KB)
    File Type: txt l4d_survivor_identity_fix.txt (236 Bytes, 7640 views)
    File Type: smx l4d_survivor_identity_fix.smx (6.4 KB, 7682 views)

Last edited by Merudo; 03-20-2016 at 10:08.
    kochiurun119
    BANNED
    Old 03-30-2016 , 22:44   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice fix
    Send a message via ICQ to kochiurun119 Send a message via AIM to kochiurun119 Send a message via Yahoo to kochiurun119 Send a message via Skype™ to kochiurun119
    Munch
    Old 04-30-2016 , 10:58   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #3

Seems this plugin stops the [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments from working.
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-30-2016 , 11:00   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    What version, Pan's or MasterMind's?
    Munch
    Old 04-30-2016 , 11:14   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #5

Pans version.
    BANNED
    Old 04-30-2016 , 11:22   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    I'm pretty sure it's gotta be my version because you'd be crazy not to use it, lol. The old version has it's problems. Currently i'm running this plugin on my server with my version and everything works fine. No errors or anything. Are there any errors in your logs munch? Are you running it on L4D1 or L4D2? You should probably do as I suggested P00kster to do and start your server from scratch, and just test multiple equipment first, update everything. If it's working fine, one by one add your plugins, testing in between, eventually you'll find the culprit. Keep me posted on this because i would like to help you get it working...

Pans version??? why are you still using that version...I mean if you'd prefer to that's fine but I can't help you then, my version works way better with the fixes...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-30-2016 at 11:24.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-30-2016 , 12:02   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #7

Yeah no offense. Not sure why anyone would use the old version by an author who will likely never code for L4D2 again or be seen on this forum again. Versus an author that has pretty much perfected the plugin, while fixing old outstanding bugs.

It would be like using the original bebop when you have Merudo's Superversus that fixes pretty much every bug known in the original superversus and the original bebop.

The only thing left to fix now that ragdolls have been fixed thanks to Mr. Zero and the older plugins like multiple equipment/superversus/FakeZoey/Model Vocalizations from Merudo/Mastermind/Cravenge.

Is this...

LEGS

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=269965
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHsvaajcSlU

Deathchaos made progress apparently. Then life/boredom/problems got in the way.

Last edited by Sev; 04-30-2016 at 12:08.
    Munch
    Old 04-30-2016 , 13:32   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #8

Actually I don't have any issues with the old version except for the issue when you run out of ammo and it wont let you switch to the other primary, a bug that should have obvious to Pan and should have been addressed. Shame really. As already mentioned by me in the Multiple Equipment forum, the other issue's you have been working on, for me in any case are not really issues at all.

Quote:
    Given the original does not have the clipping issue then it seems to me the only real issue with the original plugin is when the ammo clip is empty you loose both primary weapons. fix that and the plugin would work perfectly. I suppose you could simply make it automatically switch to the other weapon.

The problem with spawning in the next safe room and you having to touch the ammo pile to get your multiple weapons to work is not really an issue at all as pretty much every safe room has an ammo pile and surely you would want to reload and restock at every opportunity in any case.
    Still though, I'll give your version another go and see how if fairs
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-20-2016 , 16:49   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's gotta be my version because you'd be crazy not to use it, lol. The old version has it's problems. Currently i'm running this plugin on my server with my version and everything works fine. No errors or anything. Are there any errors in your logs munch? Are you running it on L4D1 or L4D2? You should probably do as I suggested P00kster to do and start your server from scratch, and just test multiple equipment first, update everything. If it's working fine, one by one add your plugins, testing in between, eventually you'll find the culprit. Keep me posted on this because i would like to help you get it working...

Pans version??? why are you still using that version...I mean if you'd prefer to that's fine but I can't help you then, my version works way better with the fixes...
    hmm I'm using pans, have been for some time, works "ok" but not perfect, annoying thing was you'd try and pick up second wep and first would drop, then you'd have to switch to another item then back and then the 2nd wep would "stick". I'll try yours..

update: using MM's version, along with this, confirmed working with no discernible issues so far.

Last edited by jking; 07-20-2016 at 18:55.
    MasterMind420
    BANNED
    Old 07-20-2016 , 22:10   Re: [L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jking View Post
    hmm I'm using pans, have been for some time, works "ok" but not perfect, annoying thing was you'd try and pick up second wep and first would drop, then you'd have to switch to another item then back and then the 2nd wep would "stick". I'll try yours..

update: using MM's version, along with this, confirmed working with no discernible issues so far.
    yah thats cuz i'm awesome lol, jp...but nah my version adds alot more to be favored over pans version, I actually started coding right when like you said, you were having issues with his so i got pissed, knew he wasn't coming back anytime soon and decided to learn how to code sourcepawn, and let me tell you something, pan did a great thing with Multiple Equipment, but his code is hard as hell to read, i've gotten used to it now, but to start out learning on it, was a pain...the Sourcemod Wiki and API have helped immensely but Ludastar has been helping me out alot coding wise, learning new things...he gets alot of props and credits from me on helping with Multiple Equipment as well...