Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)

Post New Thread Reply   

h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-12-2014 , 15:22   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.2, 2014-03-12)
Reply With Quote #121

Should be fixed!
Quote:
v0.7.2 12/03/2014
- Fixed a bug that cause the spawn auto positionning to be far to heavy on steep slopes
- Improved admin menu readability

Last edited by h3bus; 03-12-2014 at 17:16.
klexen
Old 03-13-2014 , 21:29   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.2, 2014-03-12)
Reply With Quote #122

I still have the Warning Connection timeout issue. This time the most it's lasted was a minute, so not enough to completely timeout. Still not ideal though. The spawn points I create are for a FFA DM server, so I try to do them in corners and against the walls to help prevent spawn killing as much as possible. So not being able to do that efficiently makes the process very painful.

I've also had an issue where in the middle of a firefight, people would be randomly teleported to spawn points. This was a gamebreaker...But I believe I solved the issue by modifying the players.sp file.

I changed:

Code:
stock players_RespawnAll()
{
	for (new i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++)
		if (players_IsClientValid(i) && IsClientInGame(i))
			CS_RespawnPlayer(i);
to

Code:
{
		if (players_IsClientValid(i) && IsClientInGame(i) && !IsPlayerAlive(i))
			CS_RespawnPlayer(i);
I also found that the spawnpoints I generated on Dust2 cause my server to spike from 0.5-2 VAR to 11-13 VAR every 2-3 seconds. Once I deleted the custom spawn points and reloaded the plugin, the issue stopped.

Here is a pastebin to my Dust2 spawn points.

I have custom spawn points on Cache, Nuke, and Inferno. Dust2 was the only one that seems broken.

When you optimize the spawning stuff more your DM plugin will be perfect. I notice that your DM plugin runs at a slightly higher avg VAR than Snip3rs on my server, especially noticeable when my server is near full. I'm pretty sure it's because of the excessive spawning nature of FFA. Considering your uber server specs, it may be difficult for you to optimize and see a difference yourself, so I'll definitely do my best to report back if you end up being able to tweak it a bit more.

My server is hosted on EOReality's servers with their dedicated CPU core upgrade. I'm not sure what the servers specs are though.

I also noticed when you updated the plugin to v0.7.2, you did not increment the version number. I'm not sure if that would create an infinite self-update loop?

Anyway, thanks for all your hardwork! Other than these things, I'm really loving your version of the DM plugin.

Last edited by klexen; 03-13-2014 at 21:57.
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2014 , 03:51   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.2, 2014-03-12)
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by klexen View Post
I still have the Warning Connection timeout issue. This time the most it's lasted was a minute, so not enough to completely timeout. Still not ideal though. The spawn points I create are for a FFA DM server, so I try to do them in corners and against the walls to help prevent spawn killing as much as possible. So not being able to do that efficiently makes the process very painful.
Quote:
I also noticed when you updated the plugin to v0.7.2, you did not increment the version number. I'm not sure if that would create an infinite self-update loop?
It seems I messed up with my last release... I just didn't release anything and you are still on 0.7.1.
Please try with 0.7.3 and see if it improves! If not I'll take some time tonigh to try to reproduce the bug.

Quote:
I've also had an issue where in the middle of a firefight, people would be randomly teleported to spawn points. This was a gamebreaker...But I believe I solved the issue by modifying the players.sp file.

I changed:

Code:
{
        if (players_IsClientValid(i) && IsClientInGame(i))
            CS_RespawnPlayer(i);
to

Code:
{
        if (players_IsClientValid(i) && IsClientInGame(i) && !IsPlayerAlive(i))
            CS_RespawnPlayer(i);
Does everyone gets teleported? If not, this is not this function that causes this.
This bug is really weird and the fact that your modification changed anything is weirder.
players_RespawnAll is called:
- At map start (OnMapStart forward with a slight timer 0.1 seconds)
- On dm_respawn_all command
- On 'dm_load [...] respawns' command

Note that my plugin do not teleports players. A respawn (exepted the cases listed above) is handled by server due to mp_respawn_on_death_t/ct

I would like to investigate this bug, maybe PM me your server IP so I can see it for myself

Quote:
I also found that the spawnpoints I generated on Dust2 cause my server to spike from 0.5-2 VAR to 11-13 VAR every 2-3 seconds. Once I deleted the custom spawn points and reloaded the plugin, the issue stopped.
I'll try your spawns as soon as I can.
How do you test it? Bots?

Quote:
I notice that your DM plugin runs at a slightly higher avg VAR than Snip3rs on my server, especially noticeable when my server is near full. I'm pretty sure it's because of the excessive spawning nature of FFA. Considering your uber server specs, it may be difficult for you to optimize and see a difference yourself, so I'll definitely do my best to report back if you end up being able to tweak it a bit more.
Base plugin should not be heavier than Sniper's one, but some features are. Here are some pointers to optimize:
- Disable rankme ladder (dm_show_rankme_ladder 0). This is the heaviest computation the plugin does, since it computes for each player the hint to be displayed every seconds.
- Disable all advertisements in hint or alert (remove LoadMessage section). Even if far less heavy than rankme ladder, adverts are refreshed every seconds for clients
- Disable hp messages (dm_hp_messages 0)

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for all your hardwork! Other than these things, I'm really loving your version of the DM plugin.
Thanks
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2014 , 16:17   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.4, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #124

Could you please try this?
Quote:
v0.7.4 14/03/2014
- Improved performances
It seems that two things where happening:
- If you are running in deathmatch game mode, the dm_remove_chicken constantly "Killed" spawning chickens, thus server was constantly spawning them to compensate. Chickens are now teleported off map.
- Same thing for deathmatch spawn point. Server was trying to automaticaly generate them and plugin was constantly removing them. Automatic generation of spawn points is now disabled by plugin using some prop

Last edited by h3bus; 03-14-2014 at 16:17.
Prolifik
Old 03-14-2014 , 16:18   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.3, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #125

I'm running this plugin on a Dedicated 66 Tick server and I'm seeing CPU spiking that looks to be causing Choke and at time SV drops(Will watch it spike from 0.0 to 90+ with 24 people plaing, using "Stats" Rcon command). Its only a 24 player server on a Full Dedicated blade, is any else seeing this or has seen this? Im running the latest Stable SM and MM, I have other 100 Tick 32 player servers on the same box that are not seeing this CPU spike.

Thanks!
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2014 , 17:12   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.3, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifik View Post
I'm running this plugin on a Dedicated 66 Tick server and I'm seeing CPU spiking that looks to be causing Choke and at time SV drops(Will watch it spike from 0.0 to 90+ with 24 people plaing, using "Stats" Rcon command). Its only a 24 player server on a Full Dedicated blade, is any else seeing this or has seen this? Im running the latest Stable SM and MM, I have other 100 Tick 32 player servers on the same box that are not seeing this CPU spike.

Thanks!
Updated to 0.7.4?
klexen
Old 03-15-2014 , 03:37   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.4, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #127

I'm going to test out the 0.7.4 tonight and I'll let you know.

I did find out why your plugin causes that respawn when people are alive... I have a plugin where I execute the respawn all command when a player leaves and a bot joins, to ensure that the bots will be alive when they join...

Is there any reason not to check if all players are alive before running the respawnall function in your script? If not, could you please add that check so I don't have to manually edit it each time you release?

Anyway, I'll get back to you on the performance. Thanks for the quick update!

h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2014 , 05:02   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.4, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Is there any reason not to check if all players are alive before running the respawnall function in your script? If not, could you please add that check so I don't have to manually edit it each time you release?
You could use dm_respawn_dead, that's what it's for!
klexen
Old 03-15-2014 , 07:03   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.4, 2014-03-14)
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
You could use dm_respawn_dead, that's what it's for!
Heh. That's perfect. I didn't know the command existed. Thanks!

The spawn point creation is definitely fixed now, and the performance seems to be pretty good! Good job.

When displaying spawn points, do other people in the server see them? If so, could it be made so only someone with admin flags could?

Is it possible to suppress the "You got the bomb" message? I notice it a lot during a round.

Is there a way to have the Printtochat command not stay on the screen so long? When the server is full and you're dying a few times within 10 seconds, you're spammed with the the gun menu message. Or maybe a way to check if the message is on screen, and not print the message if it's already there?

Right now I have it on a timer, but still get people frequently asking how to choose a gun.

I've also noticed that sometimes people run around being able to shoot without having a gun model show in their hands... Is there anything you can do about that? I noticed that you can choose a weapon while you're in spectate mode... Maybe that's when it happens? I'm not sure. The default weapons cvar doesn't seem to work either?

I've also noticed sometimes when you first spawn after choosing a team, the gun menu doesn't show up automatically.

Last edited by klexen; 03-15-2014 at 07:08.
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2014 , 11:00   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.7.5, 2014-03-15)
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
v0.7.5 15/03/2014:
- Improved plugin performances by no longer killing then spawning knife at player spawn
- Added Cvar to remove Entities that may Give/remove weapons to player: dm_remove_map_weapons
- Suppressed C4 pickup message (Untested)
- Added new command and menu: dm_load_mod, which has the same behaviour as dm_load but does not unload previous configuration
- Added new Key for SectionOptions configuration 'LoadAsAMod', which allows to list the section in Modifier menu
- 'AdminMenuName' now treat '/' as a section seprator for building submenus
- Added new Key for Message sections: 'NoReDisplayTime', that will not display a message if already displayed displayed since less than that duration
- Tried to fix weapon menu appearing completely trasparent by delaying its display on spawn

Last edited by h3bus; 03-15-2014 at 11:01.