Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Custom player models not working on map with its own player models

Post New Thread Reply   

Garlicvideos
Old 01-12-2019 , 02:01   Custom player models not working on map with its own player models
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there.

So I have a Jailbreak server and a Tower Defense server. On the JB Server, i have Zephyrus Store and custom player models working just fine. Custom player models will display when equipped. However, it is not the same on my Tower Defense server. The player models will not show. One difference I noticed was that on the JB Server, it’s map does not have already preloaded custom player models, meaning there’s only default models. But on the TD server, the map has its own zombie player models. The player models are all present and in the correct folders and the store is configured correctly.

Anyone have any ideas?
wolvez04
Old 01-12-2019 , 11:35   Re: Custom player models not working on map with its own player models
Reply With Quote #2

Maybe map sets model after zephyr store equips it on spawn. Could try equipping skin mid game if you have that cvar enabled. Test of other map to see if you change instantly mod game. If confirmed, then you could use stripper to remove those models being equipped (if stripper works on tf2) or maybe worst case edit zephyr store plugin to equip again x seconds after spawn. Stripper sounds like easiest option

Link me the map

Garlicvideos
Old 01-13-2019 , 07:18   Re: Custom player models not working on map with its own player models
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvez04 View Post
Maybe map sets model after zephyr store equips it on spawn. Could try equipping skin mid game if you have that cvar enabled. Test of other map to see if you change instantly mod game. If confirmed, then you could use stripper to remove those models being equipped (if stripper works on tf2) or maybe worst case edit zephyr store plugin to equip again x seconds after spawn. Stripper sounds like easiest option

Link me the map
Here's the map. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=787980533

Also, I just changed
Code:
sm_store_playerskin_delay
from -1 to 1, making it work. Looks like the map does set the model after zephyrus! Adding a delay worked. Thanks!
wolvez04
Old 01-13-2019 , 09:47   Re: Custom player models not working on map with its own player models
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlicvideos View Post
Here's the map. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=787980533

Also, I just changed
Code:
sm_store_playerskin_delay
from -1 to 1, making it work. Looks like the map does set the model after zephyrus! Adding a delay worked. Thanks!
Okay great. Problem solved