Post New Thread Reply   

GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 22:57   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #11

Looks like an awesome job again ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Updating OP now - if you have Updater, it should update shortly.
Nah, I'm updating plugins manually, so can't wait for OP updating.

BTW
There's also mp_roundtime used in the code, it's the way You're detecting the FreezeTime expiration or mistake too?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-14-2011 , 22:58   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrO View Post
BTW
There's also mp_roundtime used in the code, it's the way You're detecting the FreezeTime expiration or mistake too?
DOH - let me check that right quick...

...:: TnT Edit ::...

If you're talking about this, then it is not important - a typo, but nothing the plugin uses:
Code:
// If DelayDrops is on, but mp_roundtime hasn't expired yet, handle the drop as normal     if(DelayDrops && !AllowDrops)     {         return Plugin_Continue;     }

or, if you're talking about this, then it's normal

I fixed that typo and if another update comes out, it will be in that one Not important enough to push another update.

Anyways, plugin has been updated on original post - download it (and the newly required gamedata file) and let me know what you think

Last edited by TnTSCS; 12-14-2011 at 23:04.
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:03   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #13

I see, I was talking about the previous version (i forgot to mention it earlier) now I don't see mp_freezetime or mp_roundtime (except that description) in the code, but now I know why.

Thanks for the great job again, going to test it.

Last edited by GrO; 12-14-2011 at 23:04.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:05   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #14

cool - I'll be back in 40 minutes... hopefully you'll have a verdict for me, or more fixes... hopefully a verdict
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:08   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
cool - I'll be back in 40 minutes... hopefully you'll have a verdict for me, or more fixes... hopefully a verdict
Sure, I'll should be ready too with the verdict I think ;]
away000
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:18   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I just tested the ammo drop and couldn't replicate your issue... also, please start posting in the appropriate thread so we can easily track this issue.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=174006
As i said some of mine players (and me) is stucking on spawn whit the ammo create... making to shot 2 or 3 times to get the box away before move... i think is the spawn box given for ammo from a awp.... i can show to u easily the issue if u want.
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:38   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #17

@TnTSCS
1) Is there any way to make those models be dropped like weapon models; throw them always in front of the player with a weak straight throwing force, so You can re-collect Your own dropped box, while running?

2) Maybe move the ammo box'es spawn position to player's belt? Also is it possible to move the spawn position out of the player's model, so it won't touch the player, while spawning?

3) I've also noticed those boxes are colliding with player's legs just after drop, so a weak throw vector and higher spawn position is needed I think.

Last edited by GrO; 12-14-2011 at 23:53.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:55   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #18

Yes, I'll work on #1 and have it get thrown a bit in front of the player

For #2, I can just increase one of the vectors a bit so the model gets spawned about belt level. If I have the ammo model spawn outside of where the player is, it might get created in a wall if the player is next to one

To answer both #2 and #3, I'm going to work on creating the ammo box after the weapon is dropped... This would make the ammo box appear much closer to where the weapon is... instead of creating the ammo model from the player, it would come from the weapon...

thoughts?
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 23:59   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
To answer both #2 and #3, I'm going to work on creating the ammo box after the weapon is dropped... This would make the ammo box appear much closer to where the weapon is... instead of creating the ammo model from the player, it would come from the weapon...

thoughts?
Sounds great for me ;]. All we need is ability to drop weapon+ammo box, while running and be able to re-collect the weapon first and then ammo box, cause we can't collect the box without a weapon ;]

EDIT:
So You could use Your idea of spawning boxes from weapon, but a little throwing force could be useful to make the boxes flying further than weapon, to be able to re-collect the weapon first and then re-collect the ammo box ;]

Last edited by GrO; 12-15-2011 at 00:03.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2011 , 00:08   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #20

or maybe a little timer CVar that ammo won't spawn for the dropped weapon until after n seconds... maybe allow for up to 3 seconds, but default it to 1.5?

A player who has an AK47 who kills another player who has an AK47 would still be able to pickup the ammo from that dropped gun before the timer is up, it just won't create an ammo box for it until that timer expires (and no one took all of the extra ammo before it expired)...

just throwing out ideas