Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Require Clantag to use admin

Post New Thread Reply   

slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2009 , 22:35   Require Clantag to use admin
Reply With Quote #1

I'd like to require all admins to use their clantag if they want access to their admin. I believe AdminMod had this ability years ago so the player/admin could play normally but not use any admin until they were tagged up a specific name.

Essentially I want two parameters to be made for admins; 1) STEAMID must match and 2) NAME must match before admin is accessible.

Slmclarengt

Wow, I ought to be active here...

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Jack86
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2009 , 03:22   Re: Require Clantag to use admin
Reply With Quote #2

U can try something like

"My Name" "STEAM_0:0:123456" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "bce"

but i dont know will it work.

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2009 , 14:34   Re: Require Clantag to use admin
Reply With Quote #3

Even if that did I don't think the admin file is reloaded when you change your name. It would only check on connect afaik.
Old 08-02-2009 , 09:58   Re: Require Clantag to use admin
Reply With Quote #4

I got it! I use AMXBans for admin and I think this might be a good solution.

This theory will use TWO (2) Plugins:
1) Clan Tag Checker - by v3x
2) Either AMX default Admin plugin or AMXBANS admin plugin.

First [I already did this because so many people impersonate my members], set your clan tag restriction to only your current members in clan_tags.ini:

"BnD |" STEAM_0:0:1 //Slmclarengt

Then now that the tag is restricted to only your members [and associated ONLY with their STEAMID], set the Name portion of users.ini or in AMXBANS, the name portion. No need for a password to login because:

A player who attempts to change their name to an admin's will be met with a kick because the clan tag checker will not have their steamid registered. Any admin whose steamid is registered with the tag and name with the admin plugin will be authorized to be given admin, circumventing the need for a password as through the integrated plugins, the steamid is the 'password.'

Perfect! [kinda]

Hopefully someone else can use this as well.

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2009 , 00:52   Re: Require Clantag to use admin
Reply With Quote #5

NOTE: To do this successfully, remember to change the flags to remove the "c" flag otherwise AMXX will think the name you assigned is a steamid.

I set the flags to "e" so it won't check password and "k" will protect any case-sensitive spellings.