Post New Thread Reply   

pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2015 , 13:37   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
Oh I have a question

We need a token for each gme servers or 1 for all servers from the same dedicated server ?

I mean, Im hosting 7 csgo servers with the same dedicated server, should i used 7 differents tokens or.. the same for all?
You need 1 for each, otherwise they will kick eachother out.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2015 , 15:35   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUFEN.jp View Post
Why app number is 730?
not 740?
The token is generated based on the client app number, which is 730 for CS:GO.
Old 11-11-2015 , 23:17   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #103

Question. Does this apply for TF2 servers as well, or is this going to down the line?

I think that a better way would be to warn the contact E-mail on the servers first before banning (provided one is there). I run my servers with a team of admins, and if one puts on a plugin that they didn't know was illegal for whatever reason, I don't want it to fuck up my account completely. Or is the ban only for that server token or that app number? (Ie, CS:GO server gets banned, does it effect the CS:GO game on the player's account as well?)
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-11-2015 , 23:25   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWarthog View Post
Question. Does this apply for TF2 servers as well, or is this going to down the line?
If you can do similar things such as faking that a person has things (s)he doesn't have in his/her inventory like with CS:GO, then it Valve is most likely going this way with other games as well sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWarthog View Post
I think that a better way would be to warn the contact E-mail on the servers first before banning (provided one is there). I run my servers with a team of admins, and if one puts on a plugin that they didn't know was illegal for whatever reason, I don't want it to fuck up my account completely. Or is the ban only for that server token or that app number? (Ie, CS:GO server gets banned, does it effect the CS:GO game on the player's account as well?)
Giving so much access to your server is your responsibility alone, and not the responsibility of anyone else (in your example, Valve's responsibility to warn you).

Would you ever give anyone access to your credit card? If you do, the (ab)use of it would be your responsibility.

What happens on your server is your responsibility as well. Don't ever give people you don't trust access to anything.

And even better, don't give anyone more access than they really "need" to have.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
MyWarthog
Old 11-11-2015 , 23:40   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
If you can do similar things such as faking that a person has things (s)he doesn't have in his/her inventory like with CS:GO, then it Valve is most likely going this way with other games as well sometime.
That's a huge part of a lot of TF2 mods and TF2 server modding, though. This would 110% kill things if they did that. Only exception that I can think of/that I know of where they've prohibited this is on unusual effects for/on hats - they've never really taken a stand against anything else, IIRC (ie, unusual effects on weapons is okay (?))

Quote:
Giving so much access to your server is your responsibility alone, and not the responsibility of anyone else (in your example, Valve's responsibility to warn you).

Would you ever give anyone access to your credit card? If you do, the (ab)use of it would be your responsibility.

What happens on your server is your responsibility as well. Don't ever give people you don't trust access to anything.

And even better, don't give anyone more access than they really "need" to have.

If it was a privately run server, I could understand that. However, these are servers for a gaming community/clan. Think of a company with a company credit card. And yes, I only give it to people that I trust - I'm just thinking down the line of if Valve makes a mod illegal, and none of us know/realize it and it gets installed by mistake. Same thing could apply for private servers as well, I guess.

But what exactly gets banned? The entire account? Or just the Dedicated Server App? Or the game too?

Last edited by MyWarthog; 11-11-2015 at 23:40.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2015 , 07:09   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #106

Your entire steam account is banned from hosting more csgo servers and all existing servers on your account are banned if even one server is caught in violation of the rules. I suppose one way to prevent this from happening is to hook to the "sv_tags" cvar and whenever that gets changed (be it by a new plugin or whatever) reset it back to normal, so that no plugin can add "!knife" to it or whatever. (I had to do a similar thing for passwording the server.)

Valve's server hosting policy to prevent people from using some pixelated items is pretty pathetic lol.

Also:

Quote:
It doesn't work that way in TF2 (in fact, with the Gun Mettle update, they made it even easier to fake inventory items). If you do such things in TF2, simply drop your server from quickplay and you're good to go. Otherwise the worst is you just get banned from quickplay (which already is community-server banned anyway so you're not losing much lol).

Unlike CSGO, TF2 has inventory checks that render fake items invisible (don't ask why csgo doesn't have it), but even if you defeat that check the above policies still apply. Dropped weapons for one defeat it, so you can give people fake gold frying pans (1100 keys otherwise) for free by exploiting that and nothing would happen.

EDIT: ....actually I should mention the attachables nerf existed in TF2 LOOOOOOOOOONG before csgo became an actual thing.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 11-12-2015 at 23:32.
Puppetmaster
Old 11-12-2015 , 23:15   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
The issue of owning the game is not nearly as costly as owing a phone number. What is next they want proof of employment and a mortgage payment?
I currently run around 9+ CS:GO servers. As a modern professional I rent and only have one phone number (mobile). Does anyone know if my ONE number can be used for all of my accounts? My playing steam account is different from the one I use for running servers.

GZS Servers
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2015 , 23:31   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #108

From what I have read on steam, no you cannot use one number for multiple accounts. I think that's why they implemented that phone number restriction in the first place.
Puppetmaster
Old 11-12-2015 , 23:42   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
From what I have read on steam, no you cannot use one number for multiple accounts. I think that's why they implemented that phone number restriction in the first place.
RIP me
I guess Ill have to give the tokens from my main account to the game server

GZS Servers
MyWarthog
Old 11-13-2015 , 00:00   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #110

What about a Skype phone number or something like that/along those lines..... or a Burner number.....