Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

SauceHelmet07
Old 03-06-2011 , 10:11   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #101

Unfortunately I didn't have the console screen up when it started messing up, no idea how that happened either. It's printing ads correctly now since I changed maps, and I even added a new ad then did sm_reloadads and it shows the new one just fine. The only console messages I can give you, other then the adverts themselves is:

L 03/06/2011 - 09:04:11: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - Using Server ID 'bob' for ads search
L 03/06/2011 - 09:04:11: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: We seem to already have an Ads Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 09:04:11: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: Replaced existing Ad Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 09:04:11: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds finishing, resetting bAdsBeingSetupAlready

Prints that every time a new map is loaded or sm_reloadads is issued. No idea if those messages are normal or helps at all hah. I've been up all night messing with this so I need some sleep. I have to carry out this install on 7 other servers so I might be back here with more questions or info, hopefully it all goes smoothly though. Thanks again for all the help!
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 10:15   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #102

thanks for that output - it is interesting because the first number of the 2 in the "ad firing" output (like 96/1, 97/1, etc.) is way out of whack. It is counting past the number of ads you even have. I'll check and make sure we are resetting the ad count number on a reload. count is being lost somewhere apparently, at least in your scenario!
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 10:16   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #103

no problem. those 3 lines that start with SetupAds are debug, they'll go away if you set adsql_debug back to 0
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 13:43   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #104

1.7.6 released - plugin changes *ONLY*

v1.7.6 - 06 Mar 2011
- PLUGIN UPDATES! No changes to web interface since 1.7.5
- Ensure AdsQL logs all messages, not just print to console
- Added additional debug-mode logging to monitor changes to adsql_interval cvar
- Added code to ensure ad display timer is correctly replaced (and that only one is set up) when adsql_interval is set to non-default value in a .cfg file
- Reset "current ad being displayed" counter to 0 anytime ads are set up or reloaded!
- Added timestamp output to debug mode to show when each ad fires, useful if there are still any timer problems.

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 03-06-2011 at 13:52.
mats
Old 03-06-2011 , 14:02   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #105

Little feature request if you plan to keep releasing so much updates ^^
- Auto update would be great, now I have to upload the file to 13 different servers every time there is an update ;)

Very good work your doing on this plugin by the way
Old 03-06-2011 , 14:32   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats View Post
Little feature request if you plan to keep releasing so much updates ^^
- Auto update would be great, now I have to upload the file to 13 different servers every time there is an update ;)

Very good work your doing on this plugin by the way
Heh, thats not a bad idea except it would mean having to add socket code to the plugin, code to check if an update is available, and code to pull the updated .smx file in (from somehwere...?) and replace the existing one.

Sorry about all the changes. I keep thinking, OK, now I really have everything fixed! And find out otherwise

But as long as no more issues are discovered, we shouldn't have to worry too much more about updates.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 14:35   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #107

mats I DO feel your pain though, haha, i have 11 servers.

"for" loops come in pretty handy sometimes (I use them in bash a lot, windows has them too though I'm a lot less experienced with using windows' for loops in a shell).
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-06-2011 , 20:31   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #108

I can't imagine why anybody would want auto update, that sounds a bit scary to me. If something works why should I update? Don't fix it if it ain't broken

Btw with a basic linux script it's very easy to copy the new version of the plugin to all server with one single command. If u have multiple servers u can easily use scp. I'm sure it can be done on windows as well.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-07-2011 , 06:45   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #109

true, true.

In my case I basically have a separate user account for each game type, so all my CS:S servers run as user cstrike for example - so I have one cstrike tree with 3 sourcemod dirs under addons, 3 server.cfg files (server1.cfg, server2.cfg, etc.). So updating a plugin on mine entails:

# ssh cstrike@gameserverhost
# cd /path/to/cstrike/addons
# for a in sourcemod* ; do rm -f ${a}/plugins/adsql.smx ; cp /path/to/new/adsql.smx sourcemod${a}/plugins ; done

(the cp in the example above would work great with scp instead if the new .smx file was on a remote linux host, especially with an authorized ssh key).

apply, rinse, repeat for each game type. Then I typically restart the server unless players are on that server.

Windows has some for loop syntax too. It has been a long time since I've used it and it's not as.... "robust" haha.. but it does have some pretty good capabilities. (see "help for" in a windows command prompt).

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 03-07-2011 at 06:48.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-07-2011 , 09:38   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.6 - Last Updated 2011-03-06
Reply With Quote #110

Just a heads-up, I will probably wait on releasing this for a while, in order to give folks a bit of a break from plugin updates (heh).. but I added #pragma semicolon 1 at the top of the plugin sourcecode and then went through and converted everything to use semicolons.

This is really more of a programming coding style thing, it's the recommended format, which the original plugin never was. So that's fixed now too.

I also went back and took the "show timestamp when firing ads with adsql_debug enabled" back out - it isn't necessary since that debug output now gets logged rather than just printed to the server console (and thus already gets a timestamp anyway). This is only used when adsql_debug is enabled anyway, doesn't affect normal operation.

Additionally I've gone through and replaced a lot of "new" variable declarations with "decl" ones when it is safe to (because the variable will get set/initialized before it is ever used). This is a bit of a performance optimization thing, it basically does not "zero out" the string at the time it is declared, and thus saves a few cycles. Again, not really something we need to push an updated plugin out for just yet. Looking at the gamemonitor info it looks like most people are pretty far behind with updates anyway.