Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 06:59   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #61

working on the web interface to fix IE compat probs..
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-03-2011 , 10:26   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #62

Awesome! Thanks for the quick patch (again) I have updated all servers, I'll wait for a bit, couple of mapchanges and then will see the result and let u know!
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-03-2011 , 15:17   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #63

Well what can I see, look at the size of the process.txt file now 10 KB so it's fixed!! I can see now just one process per server, great work!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt process.txt (10.0 KB, 114 views)
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 16:43   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #64

That's awesome marvel - thanks for finding this and reporting back with your testing.

makes note not to mess with moving the db connection calls around anymore without some serious testing...

Also interesting/disappointing, regarding the web interface.

I spent a little while early this morning correcting many W3C validation problems in ads.php. Actually have it down to just a couple of warnings now, and they do not as far as I can find have anything to do with the top "form input" - ie, clicking the green up/down arrows to change ID/order of ads, or the Delete Ad red X. Yet IE8 *STILL* will not delete ads or change the order.

My wife, who has a lot of experience coding HTML (and usually by hand) has been looking at this today and researching. Evidently the main problem is that recent versions of IE basically go against the standard with regard to form submission buttons that have images, and consider them some type of security problem, so it won't accept the input values of those buttons. Apparently there are some workaround things people have to code in with PHP. Will be trying to look at some later on. At least the problem isn't because we were doing something stupid.

May take a while to finish fixing the web interface for IE.

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 19:39   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #65

sigh

I just have one thing I want to say right now:

"Hey Microsoft... eat a bag of.... Gummi Lighthouses"

I'd post a linky about "gummi lighthouses" but don't want to cause any trouble. It's something you can google though.

I totally cannot believe how much extra coding would be necessary to make the web interface be able to recognize which up/down/delete button an IE user clicked because Microsoft REFUSES to fix IE to comply with HTML standards EVERY OTHER BROWSER complies with -- to pass the VALUE of a type=image button in a form submission.

I would basically have to make the web interface assign a unique name for EACH BUTTON, and then, in the processing form (ads_process_data.php), I would have to iteratively loop through the submitted data looking to see if a button name is "set" in the POST data.

It will require a near-complete rip-out of the delete ad and move up/down code to fix. Totally ridiculous.

I'm sorry but this is going to have to wait. The web interface works perfectly with other browsers.
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-03-2011 , 19:53   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #66

Haha yes well MS 'standards'. But anyway I don't really care, I've been a firefox/chrome user for as long as I can remember and it works flawless in those browsers

I can't imagine a lot of AM-ers are using IE anyway That's more for the home, garden and kitchen user that doesn't know any better

In fact, you see it as a problem I see it as good news that IE is unsupported
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 22:57   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #67

haha yes excellent points marvel!

Well I finally got it fixed.

just gotta make sure I have the latest copies of all the different files together from the various test folders I was working with, and then i'll post another release.

I hope any IE diehards out there really appreciate this. (and that they don't look to closely at the HTML).

haha

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 22:57   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #68

PS this is going to have to be the last release for a while. My brain hurts.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-03-2011 , 23:38   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.2 - Last Updated 2011-03-02
Reply With Quote #69

1.7.3 released - web interface fixed for IE:

v1.7.3 - 03 Mar 2011
- Fixed IE problems with deleting ads and moving them up/down on the main ads page (ads.php). Microsoft needs to get with the program and fix their HTML standards compliance issues regarding image type form submission values. Or just admit to the world that they would rather suck on Gummi Lighthouses than follow standards they didn't dream up.
- Updated files in web interface (these files need to be replaced):
about.php
ads.php
ads_process_data.php
index.php
include/header.php
- Plugin is unchanged from 1.7.2.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-04-2011 , 07:52   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.3 - Last Updated 2011-03-03
Reply With Quote #70

Looks like I will have to release another update, some of the W3C fixes I had made on my working copy did not get applied to the released version, although the IE delete and up/down button fixes did. Also I need to make sure the the right thing is done with regard to searching for button names in the event that more than 25 ads exist.

PharaohsPaw