Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

PharaohsPaw
Old 02-27-2011 , 12:57   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.0 - Last Updated 2011-02-26
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Dunno how but I got it working

Thanks for all your help PharaohsPaw, it works brilliantly.
w00t! - good to hear!
IainMustardGas
Old 02-27-2011 , 15:50   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.0 - Last Updated 2011-02-26
Reply With Quote #42

Hi Pharoah,

I gotta say this is a fantastic plugin, respect to you for creating this

Seems to be working fine on my Linux L4D2 Servers

Keep up the great work

Regards,

Iain
BANNED
Old 02-27-2011 , 19:39   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.0 - Last Updated 2011-02-26
Reply With Quote #43

Awesome, it works like a charm now!! Ads being displayed every 30 sec. Installed it on all my L4D2 servers now Next is L4D1

Thanks again for this!
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-28-2011 , 02:51   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.0 - Last Updated 2011-02-26
Reply With Quote #44

@IainMustardGas: thanks! glad its working well for you - and glad to have another known Linux user of the plugin!

@marvel: yaaarrrrrr! glad we nailed it!

There are a couple things I've noticed the last couple days:

1. For whatever reason, the L4D servers don't show up the plugin public cvar's, at least not here with ours, although the plugin *WORKS* great on L4D1. Not sure what to make of that, but I'll add it to the to-do list.

2. Priority item for the to-do list: make the plugin re-check the serverid.txt file on each OnMapStart() instead of only at plugin start (OnPluginStart). Should be able to use GetFileTime() to track the timestamp on the file so we don't have to open the file unless it has changed.
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-28-2011 , 05:33   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #45

1.7.1 released, only plugin changed.

Make the serverid.txt file be checked at each map start in case it has changed
markg
Old 02-28-2011 , 14:10   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #46

im having an issue;

"upgraded" from the adsmysql system which worked well, but had a bug; the delete function and move up/down wouldnt work via the web page, so i had to use myphp to erase ads.

your system is nicer and i like the new features, but im having the same issue; i can create new ads but cant delete or move up/down the current ones.

any suggestions?

thanks for all the hard work,

mark
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-28-2011 , 14:28   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #47

hi markg,

Not sure -- I've not seen any problems using the up/down arrows to change the order of ads up and down in the list, or editing/deleting ads. What access level does your user account have?

I do remember seeing people say that they were having this problem with adsmysql, and I did see it myself in the early days of that plugin, but I think he might have fixed it in one of the updates he did make.

Dumb question but are you sure you're not using any parts of the old adsmysql web interface?

There could be a bug hiding here somewhere. I could especially imagine there being an issue if some of the ad ID#'s in the database are "screwy". Could be a problem with some of the older ads in your database.

Not to say there can't possibly be a problem like this in my updated version. Anything is possible. But you may want to 1) check what access level your ad user account has , and 2) look at the ID field of all the ads currently in your database and see if anything weird is there.

I'll wait and see what you report back
markg
Old 02-28-2011 , 14:34   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #48

thanks for the reply.

i should have posted i didnt use any of the old web portion; actually used a new directory on the web server for the new version (just in case i had to roll back....)

also i am the only user, and have the highest access level 9.

the ads; i was wondering the same thing myself. i did check the ids and they are contiguous, but perhaps ill just drop the database and start over. wont take that long to type in 12 or so ads.

mark
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-28-2011 , 14:48   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #49

Just checked the code again. As long as you have access level 6 or higher you should be able to delete ads. As long as you have access level 4 or higher, you should be able to re-order the ads (see and use the green up/down arrows to move an ad up or down in the list).

One thing that is important, just occurred to me, is that the web interface relies on the PHP session info to know what access level you have. If for any reason PHP doesn't have track of your session info while you're logged in, I could see this causing problems (since your access level wouldn't be available). Seems odd though that even in that case it would still let you create new ads.

Also I'll send you a PM in a sec with some info, curious whether you see the same problem on our demo page.

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-28-2011 , 18:18   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.1 - Last Updated 2011-02-28
Reply With Quote #50

So from feedback from markg, it looks like the problem only happens with IE8 for him. He tried Google Chrome and had no problems. I use Firefox and have no problems.

If it isn't outright stupidity in Internet Exploder, it could be the cookie settings. I know the web interface does use cookies, and if you refuse them, it might cause problems like this since the cookies contain the session information. Also, since most of the work of deleting and editing ads is really done on the server side (it is just an html form taking "submit" actions when you click the arrow buttons or delete!), it doesn't seem likely that much else on the client/browser side could really be at fault.

I will try to work this out with markg and anybody else running into it so we can have a more definitive answer on the cause. But for now, we do know that it does not happen with all browsers. Never was a big fan of IE.

PharaohsPaw

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 02-28-2011 at 18:28.